1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren Moon a Hall of Famer!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bag0b0y, Feb 4, 2006.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

5 championships. :eek:

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Looking at his stats, we let him go too early. He had some good seasons after he left. Oh well, at least we had Cody Carlson!

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I wonder how much McClain's campaining helped. He should be honored when the Titans come to Houston.

...and VY should do the inroductions. ;)

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Awesome, I was hoping he would be voted in.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yup the highest paid backup in the league at the time.

6. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Me too. Very nice.

Does anyone think there are any other Oilers from this period that have a shot at getting into the HOF in the future? Mike Munchak or Ray Childress maybe?

#26 Aceshigh7, Feb 4, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  7. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Munchak is already in.....

8. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Thanks Rocket Fan, wasn't aware of that.

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Very cool indeed. Hopefully there can be some sort of ceremony when the Titans come to Houston.

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Well deserved. Warren Moon was amazing. :)

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

First black QB in the hall. Amazing.

McClain really must have hit a homerun on his presentation..

Great day for Moon and Houston.

12. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

maybe not but you should reconsider that thought. you may not like him as a person, becaues there are A LOT of things i don't like about him as a person too. but michael irvin DESERVES to be in the hall of fame. he is one of the top 5 receivers EVER. just look through the record books and look at the stats of receivers already in the hall, he blows them away. and after watching him train in austin as a youth during the summers, this man should have been a first ballot HOF. that man worked harder than anyone else out there. the team would be on a 10 minute water break or be going in for the day, irvin was out there in the 100 degree heat, with a leaded vest on....running. the man worked harder than any other athlete i've seen in person training. harder than emmitt, harder than aikman, harder than tim brown who would come and train as a raider against the cowboys for scrimmages.

and all that work paid off with 3 rings, and countless receiving records. this is why i hate sports writers sometimes, even though i probably will become one myself (already writing in college). if they don't like a guy for whatever reason, they wont vote him in. yes, he's made plenty of mistakes off the field, but on it. he's one of the greatest EVER at his position. to me, the fact that they put john madden's fat ass in over him ruined what was a pretty good class. i'm so happy warren moon and aikman made it in, but irvin deserves to be there too. he earned it.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This great news! Congrats to #1!

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Warren Moon was the first Houston athlete that I truly idolized... I was really touched when I found out that he got in.

I pray they find a way to honor him at Reliant. I know they wanted to sever all ties with that old Houston franchise when they first came into existence, but I think enough time has passed now to where we don't have to truly hate the old Oilers associations because of the way the team left.

I know St. Louis honors all the old St. Louis football Cardinals players along with the LA Rams ones... the same should be done by the Texans w/ guys like Moon, Earl Cambell, and Matthews/Munchack.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Sweet! I LOVED watching Moon play. Lots of great memories of those Oiler teams...regardless of the offense we played, he still put up big numbers against NFL defenses, he deserved it. Congrats Warren #1! :)

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Moon was a great guy. My favorite memory of him was when he was in the prime of his career I went to get his autograph at the Astrodome with my younger brother. Well Moon signed like for 2 hrs and then his time allotment was over so he had to go. We were still in the back of the line, so we didn't get an autograph.

My brother and I were kind of looking dejected watching him leave. As he passed us, he looked up at us, and asked if we got an autograph. We both shook our head no. He then motioned us over past security, and signed my pennant and my brothers football card. Been lifelong Moon fans ever since. Class act.

I think I might just pull out that old #1 jersey and wear it under my sportscoat tonight.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Congrats to Moon, what a great career. It is a little depressing to think though that we had three Hall of Famers on the same team and could never even get to an AFC Championship Game. :(

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The first sentence speaks volumes to all the Moon haters.

He definitely deserves it.

Way to go Warren!

[​IMG]
    (from the collection... and NOT for sale!)

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I went to high school with his daughters. Congratulations to the Moon's.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fantastic news!

That's a real triumph, especially since his career was directly and profoundly impacted by the racist attitude towards black quarterback prevalent in the past. But he overcame it all.

I really wish he had a ring. An Oilers title for me in the early 90's would have maybe even surpassed the awesomeness of the Rockets 2 titles.