1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren keeps proving she's the smartest, bravest candidate in decades

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 9, 2019.

1. jcf

jcf Member

This may be my own ignorance, but I assumed that the tech companies were generally pro-Democrats. (As an aside, watching Democrats attack Bezos seems so odd to me given what he is doing with respect to Trump.)

Is my gut feeling wrong and these tech guys are really all conservatives?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

These companies are mostly pro-democrat and the work ethic and business mentality is more fiscally libertarian. No unions...work hard, play hard with stocks as incentives. Prove your worth with your work by any means necessary. Ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Because they're mostly in large cities, it has a better to promote their values as "problem solvers" or "world changers" even if how they operate is cutthroat. They might incorporate some SJW causes but the goal is always to win big. If a stated cause gets in the way, pivot like all other failed experiments.

It's no different than a CEO from a big bank being a Democrat. The views from that high differ from an individual's below.

I doubt this is a popular platform for Warren, you don't punish the breadwinners while they're hot, but it's actually a sound one from a public interest standpoint. It's also another important reason to see what candidates say when they don't have to accept campaign money.

Senator and jcf like this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

Thanks

4. biff17

biff17 Member

Democrats don't all align for the same causes just because you are a Democrat does not mean you are immune from criticism.

No these tech guys are not all conservative but that does not mean they shouldn't be scrutinized.

i wish conservatives would do the same.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say most tech companies are socially liberal but align with GOP economic policies. They are not as blatantly open about their more conservative economic leanings because they mostly reside in liberal urban and suburban areas.

Thus, they'll try to save face by being overtly socially liberal to compensate.

jcf likes this.
  6. Senator

Senator Member

It's always alarming to see how the majority of the voting populace see everything as left and right, then feel entitled to spew out misinformation.

Warren is unique in that she isn't bullied by special interest groups, groups that run both the left and right and prioritize personal profit over the greater good. When push comes to shove, it isn't about what end of the political spectrum you are on, it is about who finances you. She's the actual drain the swamp, game changer Trump marketed himself as to win over rural America.

7. Senator

Senator Member

Well said. Ha ha.