1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren: "I'm not running for president in 2016"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Major

Major Member

Hell no.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Why not? As far as can see he if or health care for all and some other things you seem to be for.

#62 glynch, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wow...you are saying the Christie is a hard right winger? Anything short of Lenin must be not far enough to the left for you. Christie is certainly a moderate Republican. That is how he has been so popular in New Jersey.

4. Major

Major Member

I think a President should, as best as possible, at least sort of represent the majority of the country. Bernie Sanders, while I like some of his views, simply doesn't do that. He represents the far left - which should have a voice in Congress where he can represent a portion of the population, but not when trying to represent the same country as a whole.

He's a firebrand - similar to the Ted Cruz of the left, without as much stupid. He's great at being an idealistic voice at the table for one segment of society. The beauty of his role is you can sort of ignore reality - you push far to the left and reality will bring you back because none of the crazy stuff is going to pass, but you can still influence legislation. I think that's the perfect role for him and don't think it translates well at all to a Presidency. He wouldn't be able to accomplish anything he ran on, and if he did, the public would hate it.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure and that is fine. I'm not saying he shouldn't run just that I doubt he has a chance. It's not just his positions but in this age of telegenic Presidents and lot's of money he doesn't stand a chance.
    [​IMG]
    I am not saying that is fair only that that is the reality.
    I will be honest that I haven't followed Bernie Sanders close enough to have a solid opinion. I know that he is to the far left on most issues but I wouldn't rule that out as supporting him. Russ Feingold is much to the left of me on many issues but I would support him if he ran for President, at the same time I don't think he would have much of a chance to win either. I haven't heard a Bernie Sanders stump speech, seen him in debates or in other context to judge how he might do as a President.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Sometimes the eventual running mate is in the same primary.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, if some of you don't think Obama was far enough to the left then that really scares the heck out of me. How could you get any further to the left when the whole Democrat party has gone bat **** leftist and fallen off the left side of oblivion with the Republican party rubber stamping the whole thing???? You guys are winning in spades!!!! If you are not happy with that then I am do not know what to say!!!! You guys are getting everything you want and then some!!! How could you want to go further left???? Pure communism????

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama has been a little bit to the right of Bill Clinton. He's been quite centrist in the way he's governed.

1 person likes this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

To the right of Clinton?? Seriously??? The 1994 midterm election pushed Clinton WAYYYYY to the right which is why he started working with the Republican majority in congress and the country prospered!!! Obama has pushed to the left the whole way with the idiot republicans caving in the entire time!!!!

#71 cml750, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did I miss where Mr. Obama nationalized a private company?

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an endorsement during the Democratic primary.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/PressSec">@PressSec</a> regarding POTUS <a href="http://t.co/yvG01L5Owg">pic.twitter.com/yvG01L5Owg</a></p>&mdash; jon gabriel (@exjon) <a href="https://twitter.com/exjon/status/635864214578397184">August 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Fox and Friends are telling you this?

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

take a breath and get back on your meds.