1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren: "I'm not running for president in 2016"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reagan was an actor and then a governor. Clinton was a Yale educated lawyer, a senator, and then Secretary of State. Reagan was an actor who went to Eureka College, a liberal arts school. Yes, let's do compare.

2. Major

Major Member

That's ridiculous. Were McCain and Romney's careers solely a result of their dads? Hillary may have gotten known because of her husband, but everything she did from that point on was on her own merits.

3. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

If there is one politician Benghazi hurts its Hilary. She ran for senate.and waited her time. She screwed up the 08 campaign because she was arrogant. Its time to move forward.

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

What did she accomplish as senator

5. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

You guys keep naming random politicians I wouldn't vote for either

6. CometsWin

Reagan isn't a random politician. He was a two term US President! You're just kind of rambling about nothing.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

lol says the supporter of Dubya, assuming he was old enough, and the supporter of Mitt. lol and a good night time out loud chuckle before firing up the old dvr to check out the Rockets.

8. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Hillary is going to struggle if her and Bill's past crimes and racist antics are made public. Mark my words, you will see a mad scramble to find an alternative to Hillary before the election heats up. Now that we live in a world of no secrets or internet privacy, Obama will be the last elected president who was able to hide troubles from his past -- and much of that was accomplished using the racism shield, a tool that Hillary doesn't have (although she'll try the sexism shield).

9. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

She had her chance. Its common knowledge she thought her campaign was a victory lap. I dont give a **** about Reagan. I was five years old. I didn't have an opinion then

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I completely understand and agree with your emotions about Hillary, but being Bill's wife failed to get her elected in 2008.

It's 2013 now and Hillary has carried her own water for several years. If she's still as arrogant, overconfident and entitled as before, hopefully she crashes and burns and the Dems have a legit candidate to beat her for the nomination.

Benghazi won't be a decisive factor in the 2016 general election.

11. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Old man if you think I ever supported dubya then take your senility pills

12. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

She will get hammered on Benghazi unfortunately. Don't let the past foolishness on the subject fool you. Believe me I agree that the conspiracy stuff is more wingnuttia. But that was her department. That is fact.

13. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I apologize glynch that was mean. Don't make assumptions.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Oh LAWD!!!! LOL!!!!

15. CometsWin

So when you think of Hillary the first thoughts in your mind aren't racist criminal? Hmm...

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How well has "conspiracy stuff" and "wingnuttia" worked in recent presidential elections?

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Hilary Clinton really ran that much to the left of Obama. That was perception but the truth is their positions were almost identical. I've talked about this before but Obama gave the impression to many on the Left that he was a progressive messiah. If you look at his votes and many of his statements his record as Senator was far more centrist than many made him out to be.

#37 rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt Benghazi will be much of an issue 2016. It will have been 4 years which is almost an eternity in politics. As far as the conspiracy stuff the GOP has been trying to take down Hillary since 1991 (Vince Foster Rose Law Firm, etc...) and if something was going to stick it would've done so by now.

As far as Hillary losing because she was arrogant consider she won more votes in the primaries and raised more money than any other candidate before. Unfortunately for that year one other candidate won and raised more. 2008 was an unprecedented year and was the equivalent of the 1998 home run chase in Democratic politics. Hillary just ended up being the Sammy Sosa to Obama's Mark McGuire.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have to disagree on Obama. When Iowa came into focus, he did not position himself as a leftist, smartly so. John Edwards morphed from 2004 into the angry leftist and his campaign failed miserably. Obama was careful. Right after he defeated McCain, I told many people (and probably mentioned it here) that Obama was more moderate than left-wing, many Dems had him labeled wrong and they would be disappointed on how non-militant, consensus-oriented he would be. It's like liberals stopped listening to his campaign and then reality hit after it was over.

That Obama is more centrist as president than senator should surprise no one.

If you look a policy positions, Hillary wasn't much to the right of Obama but she positioned herself that way and tried to portray herself as a safer choice.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Its not the conspiracy theories that will hurt her on Benghazi. Its the fact that she was in charge of the state department