1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WaPo] Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone actually believed that it was a first hand leak or report, I think it was always clear that it was some 2nd or 3rd hand nonsense at best and at worst was completely fabricated.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

aaaaand liberals yet again look like complete idiots for falling for the fake news du jour.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Trump has built quite a turd of cultish followers. They eat his fecal matter with joy

No Worries likes this.
  4. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Why does it have to be shared?
    Could it be that Trump was advocating human rights or otherwise interceding for the Syrians?

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

That certainly isn't Putin's agenda. If Trump was advocating for those things it would hurt his cause to hypothetically share information with Russia.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's crazy how they just get more and more dug in.

A. McMaster basically confirms the story with the "sources and methods" statement
    B. It's now fake because a White House staffer says "the leak didn't come from us!"
    C. Laura Ingram? Why that's a source of truth I have no clue.

This reminds me of the scene from the Chappell show where Clayton Bigsby or whatever his name is, takes off his hood and reveals he's black and people in the audiences heads explode. It must be quiet difficult to fathom that while they were chanting lock her up, their King in charge actually did the same thing but way worse cause people might have actually died while in deep with ISIS right now.

Of course IF one of the most credible news outlets just ruined their credibility to post a fake story for page clicks then shame on them and they deserve the fallout. But what's more likely... the most credible news (also confirmed by NYT among others) outlet destroys their credibility to break a huge story that turns out to be fake or the White House who lied about crowd sizes realizes they F-ed up and are trying to cover their arses?

You be the judge folks.

Nook and wouldabeen23 like this.
  7. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Regardless of who follows who, the real issue here is the so-called American justice system - the leftists want Trump hung drawn and quartered before being proven guilty of anything. You know Russian justice right? It's just what I described.
    And the funniest thing is an Australian citizen is defending your American justice.
    Seems like certain leftists are the real turds.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Resorting to insults so soon, texxxx?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Washing post reports they have the specific details about what was leaked but were asked by officials not to release the details to protect national security and they complied.

wouldabeen23, Amiga and DonnyMost like this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

so just to recap, there's some unnamed sources and the details of what was leaked can't be shared.

...and the people in the room call this whole episode false.

Amazing what the naive liberals will fall for these days.

11. justtxyank

I don't know what to believe because I wasnt there, but McMaster didn't deny the story.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Remember when Hillary's email reveled the an actual source. You know where she names an Iranian that is was working with the US government. That guy was later executed by Iran. None you Hillary voters seemed to give a damn than. Hypocrites

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did he not? I'm pretty sure he flat out said the story was false. In fact his exact words were "The story that came out tonight, as reported, is false." and then went on to say "I was in the room, it didn't happen".....how is that not denying the story?

14. justtxyank

As reported... is an interesting qualifier and then he lays out specific things that Donald trump didn't do, none of which were "reveal classified information." He didn't reveal a source and he didn't reveal any military actions that weren't already public knowledge, that's all McMaster specifically said.

15. justtxyank

Reuters now backs the story saying they have independently confirmed it with two sources.

Stephen Hayes is retweeting it. The man who revealed Benghazi though I know trumpeters have turned on him for having integrity

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's one way to spin it, but it's really hard to take "the story is false" and try to make it mean that he's not denying the story. He then specifically addresses what they accused Trump of doing and he said he didn't do those things. Every first hand source agrees, but you still want to hold out hope that the 3rd hand source from the previous administration knows better? I mean, I guess, but this looks like yet another example of a fake controversy that keeps popping up costing people their credibility so that if sometime in the future they have something legitimate no one will believe them anymore. You only get to cry wolf like this so many times.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Confirming what though? That the 3rd hand source is spreading the rumor? That doesn't really confirm anything though given that all first hand sources have essentially called the 3rd hand source a liar.

18. justtxyank

19. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Folks--
    with the WaPo confirmation with the WH over not printing the details and Reuters cross checking the sources, this doesn't look good. As to it being the dirt to impeach or cripple the administration? I'm not so sure. I await more information, clarification and obfuscation in the coming week. I don't think it's any kind of smoking gun but I do think it's gonna be hard for the WH to walk away from this unscathed.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This administration said that the pic of the inaugarations was flat out false...****ing pics that we can just look at.