1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walton Fired With 6-11 Record!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are too oriented on immediate results for a tanking inclined guy....tsk tsk tsk

the good coach will accomplish everything...
    1 first that you dont ruin and further demoralize players and the fanbase

2 you stop insulting basketballs gods and stop ruining the sacred sport of basketball... because if you tank youre not relay playing games do you? its just a farce...

3 games become more fun immediately... all the tank people forget how much fun we had in that knicks game or any other game where we were somewhat competitive...RS season is a life for a fun and regular season is today....we need fun and games... i cant live hoping 7 years from today there will be real games played where rockets will perhaps contend...i need competitive games today

4 the real work begins now (and not a couple years later when you do fire silas anyway) with the real coach, and all the players enroll in a shooting program and real basketball education...so results appear a year or 2 sooner ....BECAUSE IF YOU FIRE SILAS IN 2 YEARS you will still have excuse to suck because the new coach has just arrived and we should give him some time....oh yeah...sound familiar?

Joe Rocket, Dobbizzle and juanming like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we doesnt even need a developer , just someone who will not bench the best player and will get out of the way...lolololol

Joe Rocket likes this.
  4. juanming

juanming Member

Man I may regret saying this tomorrow but I think I'm enjoying having silas as our coach. the losing doesn't bother me because I really want a top-three pick

The rotations bother me but then it occurred to me if house doesn't play Then Stone might be stupid enough to give him an extension... So by silas playing house, and with house playing terrible that's a good thing. Because now it's less likely Stone will do something stupid like extend him

And with sengun playing great that means eventually theis will be on the bench and or wood will be traded.. I do not like woods selfish demeanor on the court and low IQ and slow decision-making even if he drops 40 points and 15 rebounds I'm still not impressed because he doesn't do it in the flow of the offense

So I really want wood traded and now we found his replacement in sengun

I mean everything is working out methodically like I wanted.. it's painful it's not fun to watch but it's all working out..... my evil plan hahaha

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice ... you are very positive good for you!

but its the thinking just like this that makes rockets and almost any other nba franchise a losing one...but as long as ones feeling great they why not....really...

because the franchise is tendering to fans and i have yet to come across the rockets fan that doesnt like or doest root for intentional losing lololololol

my goodness what a lack of creative thinking and such a p***y mentality

what a times to be alive... i hope tilman moves this franchise to vegas, seattle or somewhere else because houston fans are clearly not into this sport called basketball

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good. They needed to fire him

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This was his third season though right? We ain’t firing Silas mid season on year two.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if you want extraordinary results you need to do extraordinary things... nobody of you would ever fire mark jackson because he got gsw to playoffs and developed players...yet here we are the dynasty ensued from that dumb move....

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aaaaaand, this has nothing to do with the Rockets...
    Why isn't this in the Dish?

It's two totally different situations....
    Plus we aren't hiring Walton.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Repeat with me: "we are a team in reconstruction"
    You can hire Popovich, Phil Jackson or Steve Kerr and the results are not going to be different.
    If your point is that Silas is not the Rockets' coach of the future, I agree. If your point is that you want to change the coach to win games, you don't understand anything at all.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you couldnt be more wrong.... even with the croach silas we could of won plenty of games ...there were many close games....
    its all about nuances in nba, mentality and psychology....... warriors are the main contenders now and last year couldnt even sniff the po with the same roster

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon its an elephant in the room....
    it could be any minute now.....

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clearly you did not see the Alf in the room, it's been years now.

Slyonebluejay, Corrosion and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

So Silas finishes this year with 6-10 wins. Fanboys get excited because he doubles his win total to 20 games next year. Rockets give him a cheap 3 year extension based on those “improved” results. Next year he wins 26 games…..and so on. Is this what the fans of the team wants? Are you ready to watch this long and painful story play out? That’s where we’re headed as we have no more Hardens to trade and are being coached poorly by even the most liberal of standards.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CMON STONE!!!! YOU GOTTA DO IT! I DONT CARE IF HES HAD A FAIR CHANCE OR NAH!
    [​IMG]

16. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Personally, I think Silas should never have been the coach of this team. And I agree with you that a better coach would contribute much more to the growth of our young players.
    But I think the post focuses on "changing the coach to win now", something that shows a complete lack of understanding of the current rebuilding process.
    Comparing the Rockets 'situation to the Warriors' situation is another nonsense, the Warriors were not competitive last year because of injuries, not because they were rebuilding.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

understandable. kings with their super deep roster and superstars were expected to be 15-2 by now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon they have a better roster than washington that is like 2nd seed or something

if croach Silas had washington roster he would be 0-16 by now

Jontro likes this.
  19. VoR

VoR Member

My guess is that Walton wouldn’t touch this job with a 10ft poll.

Silas is here to develop and get his first head coaching job. He will likely be brought into the organization as a consultant when his replacement is found, because that’s the way Tilman works.

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

that's the point, thumbs up!