1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walton Fired With 6-11 Record!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 21, 2021.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

bro look at the threads I’ve started and my comments in the past . I want to win for sure.

at this point I just don’t think we are / can .

we are playing hard still and our defense is OK .

don’t get me wrong . If we are 1-30 I want his ass gone , but , Tilman won’t fire him

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WOWOW

He was definitely living off of the Golden State Golden Girls effect.

Tell me what else they have in common aside from both being coaches with losing records though? That's not enough for me to connect the dots. Was Walton getting his team to take efficient shots, was he seeing eye to eye with the rest of the front office? So far the answers to these questions for Silas, like it or not, are yes and yes.

There's a difference between whether I would let Silas coach my team and whether Silas has lost Stone's trust. It depends on what Stone's perspective is.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

they will

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yep, that's what i told people then.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Trade Fox for KPJ and Wall lol

6. thekad

thekad Member

Opens up a Wood trade possibility with Gentry needing to hit win benchmarks to keep his job.

Bagley and a reverse protected pick?

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Stop it

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WHAT A JOKE
    nwaba and theis shooting 3s is not an efficient shot

btw basketball is BILLIONS TIME MORE than 'taking efficient shots'...of course we get a shitty product when fans are clueless and greedy to tank....

Joe Rocket likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m definitely not against firing Silas, but it can’t because of something like the win-loss record when he has the worst backcourt, no shooting, and a plethora of low BBIQ players…nor can it be just to promote 1 of the assistant coaches to interim like they’re really gonna do any better

if they have a legit replacement in mind then cool…OP bringing up the Kings is dumb AF tho…Idk why this nonsense is even in the GARM…OP is an attention hoe

Williamson, wlekfjv923n and HP3 like this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Should never have been hired in the first place. different situation and development of the roster as well

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Can we trade him for wall?

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

After all Detroit went through and not even have cade for awhile they have 4 wins its ridiculous. No one can tell me none most of these losses in close games are not because of SIlas when you can see the people he has out there.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Quit making excuses…..must be this generation, nobody demands accountability anymore. Silas has had a 20 game losing streak and now a 14 game losing streak and no end in sight. Hate to break it to all the excuse makers on this board, but Silas truly sucks as a head coach.

hakeem94, PeterKingX and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Walton is the head coach for Warriors majority of the time during their 73 wins season. I guess he's not good developing young players.

16. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

No need to call him attention hoe lol. Just disagree with the connection he's trying to make with Walton and Silas. Idea of firing him is at best premature at this point but criticism of him for the worst record of all time (on track to be) is fair.

17. hakeemthagreat

Would love to see Mark Jackson get that job. GS was terrible before he got there. Sacramento is perfect for MJ

tycoonchip likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

he makes thread after thread about Silas, and most of them don’t even need to be made because they’re not saying anything new or are dumb like this one, but he knows his posts would get zero attention if he put them in the numerous Silas threads where they belong

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

They are on different trajectories.

For the Rox every loss is a win, they dont even have a pg right now and intentionally sat Wall who could have done a lot of the playmsking duties. What will firing the coach accomplish? Even if you got prime PJ or Popovich here you will just transform from a worst team to bad team. It's a useless change.

Silas just needs to fix his rotation and play the young guys more. The Rox are practically losing every game but we arent even giving enough mins to Green, KPJ, KMJ and Sengun it's a freaking joke.

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Sweet now we can fire him as head coach. Shockingly that would be a step up from our current situation.