1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

walt william is bad...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gram, Dec 23, 2000.

1. gram

gram Member

i have been watching walt williams very carefully for a while now. he is very bad, and not "bad" in a good way. since he's ben in his little "slump" all he does is take bad shots, whine to the officials about having his shots blocked(he swears up and down that he is fouled. he could hand the ball over to the opposition, and still complain that he was fouled) and play lax defense. i think he should be benched for dan langhi. i hate walt sooooo much. the rocks could be so much better. well, there, i feel better now.

------------------

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Uhhh...Welcome to the board, Gram??

It's nice to see a good, positive attitude from a new member...There is WAY too much negativity around here, dontcha think??

Anyways, Walt Williams really isn't "bad" so much as he is streaky...You just have to live with him and, when he is on, make sure you milk him for that hot streak, because you never know when he'll get cold again...

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

To be honest, Walt is so streaky he is digging himself in a huge hole. The guy needs to start shooting a thousand jump shots a day(at practice), where the misses don't count. It seems like the last time he made two consecutive shots was last season. Now, I'm going to kick myself if he gets hot again, but I hope it's not toward the end of the season. [​IMG]

------------------
    The best is yet to come.
    Go Rockets!

[This message has been edited by finalsbound (edited December 23, 2000).]

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should send anderson to the starting 3 position. move cat right on up at the starting 2 position. I really believe Anderson will do a much better job at the 3.
    I don't expect him to ball handle as much as a 3 but seriously knocking some shots and fast points.

Francis-pg
    mobley-sg
    anderson-sf
    taylor-pf
    hakeem-c

bench moochie cato and walt and air bullard...moochie playing the 6th man will do just as much damage.

------------------
    "Wahooo"-homer
    I'm not only a fan but I'm also the bartender at clutchcity chat
    For the last time I'm not Tybrave!!!!!

5. Miggidy Markell

GET OFF HIS BACK!!! Damn!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

6. gram

gram Member

i guess i am the only person who notices that most of the time, when walt is whining about not getting calls, the player he's supposed to cover usually scores on the other end. i can live with his weak shooting lately, but he needs to stop crying to the refs like a little girl and just play ball.

------------------

7. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Walt Williams was a horrible addition to the Rockets. He has always done a bad job. He misses his shots when ever it counts, and his defense is terrible. He is only getting worse, as he is an aging vet. I'd rather waste shots on a youngster who has a chance of progressing. Walt sucks for the Rockets; anyone who doesn't think so is completely wrong.

Good post Graham. Welcome to the board. We need more people like you around here.

[This message has been edited by fromobile (edited December 25, 2000).]

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree-
    Walt is not a good bball player. You can call it streaky if you want, but then again, when youre bad streaks outnumber your good ones then it really just means youre generally bad overall.
    Id like to see Shandon, Langhi, and Bullard get more time at the 3.

If we could package Cato and Walt together that would be perfecttttt

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

9. Miggidy Markell

Omigod!!!! We have Cato and Wizard. It would be good if we had Shaq and Glenn Robinson but we don't and there is no posible way to get them! You can't be perfect at every position and you don't need to be to win a championship. There is a down side to every ball player and ya'll over react to some! Wizard is actually playing better D and I don't blame him for arguing with the refs. They are damn shocking and they all deserve to be sacked and have some decent refs in that ref for the game not just their pay check!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope

10. Miggidy Markell

Wait, wait, wait!!!! How many games has Cato played this season????? How many minutes???? He actually looked impoved to me!! You been watching the games??? It's very sad to have people judge someone before they even get real PT!!!! Walt has been working hard on his defense. He may not be a great defender but he has improved from last season. If ya'll can't wait for improvement then I say quit cheering for the Rockets and cheer on the Jazz cause they aren't going to improve anymore then they already are!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope

11. JayZ750

You cant be stocked at every position. You're right. But right now, Cato and Walt are not playing well at all. They are barely deserving of bench time. IT would be much better to just let Taylor play as much as possible, and let Langhi and KT get scrap minutes over Cato and Walt. If I could get one relativley decent starter, a third option, maybe even fourth, who concentrates on playing good D and fundamental team basketball for Walt and Cato, I would do that.

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Actually if cato's attitude really improve like the articles said, then I say we give him a try. Walt well he's just choking away. move anderson to the three and let him improve.... we have anderson to play the 3 he's the starting 3 that we need. give him time and load of playing time we give walt and he'll get better. alot better too... Cato i'll give him a chance walt... i've just had enough of that streaky fella. his off streaks are getting too long. ya think seattle would trade walt and someone else for rashard lewis.

------------------
    "Wahooo"-homer
    I'm not only a fan but I'm also the bartender at clutchcity chat
    For the last time I'm not Tybrave!!!!!

13. JayZ750

Walt being bad is just undeniable right now. He has had starter minutes for about a season and a half now and nothing special has come out of him. As a backup 3 I think Walt would be good. But he is just way to streaky, usually on the bad side, to start every game. As far as Cato goes...he hasnt had too much time yet. But looking into my crystal ball I cant see him ever blossoming into anything much. I went to the last two games and Cato was having some serious problems. He still fumbles the ball regularly on offense, is often out of position for a rebound, and gets so excited about going after a "monster block" that sometimes it ends up being more of a defensive liability than a help. There is an argument to give him more time to "become the player that he should be" but as a recent article said, I would be looking to trade Cato now while other GM's in the league still also think he just needs more time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JayZ750 (edited December 26, 2000).]

14. Miggidy Markell

But JayZ it's u people who keep looking into ur crystal balls that are just sturing calm waters! Cato has not had his second chance yet. U can not guess how he's going to be when he gets real minutes. Now Walt has done alot for the Rockets when he's been one of the main vocal points of the team. When he is on he's on when he's off he's off.....I agree but he is still shooting nearly 40% from the outside. You have to admitt you like him more then Bullard!!!

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope