1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walmart worker ran over by customers...and killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GuerillaBlack, Nov 28, 2008.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Life imitates art.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just read about this a few minutes ago and still can't believe it. Idiots!

3. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I know some people might say Black Friday is a life or death situation but I didn't think it would be literally.

4. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

But but... The money they saved!!!

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The most sad part of it is that the knowledge of this incident won't change a damn thing. The source of this madness is too deeply woven into the fabric of our society.

Material pursuit kills compassion every time.

[​IMG]

6. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

idiots. how do you not know your running over someone?

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

8. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I gets better.

http://cbs2.com/local/shooting.Toys.R.2.875874.html

2 Dead In Shooting At Toys 'R' Us In Palm Desert

PALM DESERT (CBS) ― Two people were shot and killed Friday at a Toys "R" Us store in Palm Desert.

Police responded to the store near the intersection of Fred Waring Drive and Highway 111 after calls began coming in around 11:30 a.m.

An argument reportedly broke out between two female shoppers just before the shooting.

A witness reportedly yelled, "He's got a gun," as a man who was with one of the two women opened fire, killing at least two people.

Daniel Watson rushed to the scene when he received a frantic call from his wife, who was inside the store at the time of the shooting.

Some employees and shoppers continued to be held nearly an hourly after the shooting, as authorities continued investigating.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

My guess would be that the criminal actions of others (ie the unruly mob) will shield Wal Mart from liability.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

This is what Liberalism will do you ;)

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

il⋅lu⋅sion

–noun 1. something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.

con⋅fu⋅sion

–noun 1. lack of clearness or distinctness: a confusion in his mind between right and wrong.

greed

–noun 1. excessive or rapacious desire, esp. for wealth or possessions.

con⋅form⋅i⋅ty

–noun 1. action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Video from the Walmart:

<embed src="http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf/rcpHolderCbs-prod.swf" width="370" height="361"allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="link=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4637206n&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=GvI7XpXTie3oyorKCEaxC8YwHWeXoKu_&partner=newsembed&autoPlayVid=false&prevImg=http://thumbnails.cbsig.net/CBS_Production_News/900/229/noco_walmart_1128_480x360.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I would 'normally' be against lawsuits, but this one would be unfrivolous and the lawsuit would probably make Wal-Mart think twice about this again. Just... something needs to change to be safer next time, if there is one... :(

+ R.I.P. the reason for the season. :(

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even if the family gets 10 mil, that is peanuts compared to what they will make from black Friday. You take a risk when you go to black friday. You just need to be smart about it.

15. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

*sighs* looks like imma have to wear a bulletproof vests to black fridays or something. :(

16. conquistador#11

^^
    I don't think imma shops at Gualmar.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why the **** are people who are filming that video laughing? What the hell is wrong with some people?

18. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

That's a ****ty way to die. The people responsible should be punished for killing a human being over a few dollars.

19. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

What's so funny about someone having been trampled over and have to get CPR?

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I have stop going to any kind of holiday sale for almost 10 years, because it is just a greed fest. People grab stuff like it's free without even taking a look.

OTOH, I would sue Wal-mart big time if I were the family of that employee.