1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Wall out for rest of season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 26, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am not buying it... hes a chucker at heart.... either that or he deserves an Oscar for playing the part

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What am I missing here? I have you by one day? As in, I have you 'one day from jumping your fandom off a bridge'? Or I have you by one freaking day because I am from the future?

I'm sorry if I drive you crazy but I'm nicer that Driving Miss Daisy. I promise to maybe change my ways if they're one freaking day late all the time around here. That might depend on what's going on though. I'm cornfused.

On another note: who is gonna command the tank now? Tanks aren't that easy to drive from what I've heard (from no one because I've never met a tank driver). I bet that gentleman from Driving Miss Daisy would be a good tank driver.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Trash...imaging trying to win a championship with him...

4. R=$

R=$ Member

IT'S EXUM TIME!!! I GET AN EXUM! YOU GET AN EXUM! THEY GET AN EXUM !!!!!!!

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah his game actually changed alot when he and Wood came back from injury. My theory has been that after the trade deadline when it became obvious he was sort of stuck here him and his agent had the strategy of him trying to go on a major scoring spree that could help build a market for him this Summer in a trade. Thats just not his game though and it really showed.

Coming back next season if we have a good Summer where this team looks interesting enough I could see him being more of the John Wall we saw to start the season, and really helping the team be relevant much faster. Don't get me wrong I want him gone as much as anyone, but look we moved out 80+ million dollars in two star players. Someone like Wall is going to have to be on the books for at least a little while after you trade two super max players like that. The Rockets just need to learn to deal with him, and not have him disrupt the rebuilding process.

6. vince

vince Member

Hope he recovers and can help Rockets next season.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You trade a guy averaging a triple double and likely the best player in the NBA for mr wall. Those draft picks I hope will be used in the right way.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As bad as Wall has been for most of the season, I would still make the Westbrook trade 10 times out of 10.

He still sucks, and knows no other way. Wall can be better next year than he has been. And he's been great for a team trying to lose games this season.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's why I don't love this idea of selling yourself that in two years you can be a playoff contender. I think it could get in your head, and the head of your GM that you got to make the next Harden trade now, and you'll convince yourself someone is the next Harden when they are not.... then you likely just blew threw those picks to make that deal when we have no idea how valuable those picks could be.

The Brooklyn picks have a very long window of intrigue. As you said, you just gave up maybe the best player in the league for those.... we cannot just trade those to get someone like Aaron Gordon who everyone here seemed to think was the answer just 4 weeks ago, and now is barely scoring over double digits in Denver.

Again... we don't have Morey anymore (and Les) which puts me in a way less trusting position to go fishing for another Harden trade. 99% of the focus should be on the draft these next two years, and signing some value young players.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I was referring to our registration date ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, did you just try to suggest that Westbrook is "likely" the best player in the NBA?

You can't believe that, there's just no way anyone would.

Westbrook is just a more selfish version of Wall who plays less defense and focuses entirely on stat padding. He's arguably the most detrimental player to his team in the entire league and has been for years

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wish i got paid 40 million to work 1/2 a season.
    Hey Tilman how's Cp3's worst contract in the league looking?
    Lol

Little Bit, hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

This is horrible news. We are going to win games we have no business winning and mess up the tank.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

100% you don’t trade those picks unless you already have a very good top 7-8 team in the league. And likely I don’t want to trade the picks no matter the deal or I should say I would likely rather keep them. That I a lot of chances of having cheap good talent continuing to come in over several seasons.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Does the health insurance pay his salary since he's hurt?

17. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a charitable interpretation but we didn't trade James Harden for Wall, we just traded Westbrick for him.

Harden's b****assness was a completely unrelated issue caused by the team bending to his demands to trade FOR Westbrick to begin with.

cheke64 likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

As Wall closes out his year here. Here's a quick box score compare between him and Russ. Both guys have had a fairly similar year.

[​IMG]

• Games played - Russ played more games. Can thank the Rockets for that, since we load managed Russ like year like we did with Wall this year.
    • Very similar - Things like points, field goal attempts, steals. That 3P% are eerily similar, both guys very bad.
    • Russ has higher rebound (padding). He also has higher assists, Wizards has better finishers; but will still give the edge to Russ for looking for his teamates.

20. TimDuncanDonaut