1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall out for rest of season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 26, 2021.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

insurance pays his salary rest of the season, how convenient for tilfuk

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I didn’t mean to bust your balls in that last thread, but you have to realize that @don grahamleone has me by one freaking day around here

Amel, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

Who assumes lead tank commander spot now? Bradley?

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is the best possible news from a watchablity standpoint with KPJ coming back. I don't think the tank is in serious jeopardy, tank commander Wall did enough already to ensure it.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But then where would Patrick sit??

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How is Augustine doing?

DD

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Honestly hope we never see him in a Rockets uni again and I wish him luck.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hate to break it to folks here but he’s got two years left and nobody in the NBA will see any benefit of trading for him.

I would settle in for two more seasons where he’s a big part of marketing the start of the season as a big name, and then suffers an injury that puts him out.

That’s kind of why I preferred Wall over Westbrook. I knew we were filling a hole from a marketing perspective but he wouldn’t play enough and wouldn’t play in a way that would take away from the development of young players. Westbrook would be a disaster on this team.

Then again Blake Griffin negotiated a buyout so there’s some hope but that only happens if Wall is healthy enough to get interest from a contender.

I would prepare for Wall to be back and for the Rockets and Wall to talk big about how “he’s never looked better” etc etc, but I wouldn’t worry about it... he’ll be lucky to play 25 games next season.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's not very nice.

saleem likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think we're going to be good enough to drop out of the bottom 4. We might win around 3 more games at best.

don grahamleone and chadyang like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean I’m not wishing for him to get injured. I’d love to be able to trade him but you know... sometimes you just are what you are.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I thought Westbrook was the most overrated player in the league until I watched Wall on a nightly basis. I see why the Wizards have been trash every year now.

I don't think there is any prayer of moving Wall until that contract is expiring and I could see a team trading for him and telling him go home we just got you for the cap space.

13. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

tbis!

And dude’s not teaching anybody anything from the bench either, I hate his game..

Relied completely on elite athleticism- Always pouted like he should be considered one of the greats of the game. We should of squeezed another pick out of the Westbrook trade... The league is so top-heavy

Let’s hope we are the forefront of the next wave in about five years

fryjol7 likes this.
  14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Will he be back for the playoffs?

oh, wait...

Sanctity and don grahamleone like this.
  15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Is there surgery available to fix his shot?

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dr. Flores, YOU ARE THE REAL MVP

fryjol7 and J.R. like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol so you are worried about leg health of john wall and not worried about health of our collective brains and minds being reinjured every time this selfish immature ballhog scrub steps on the floor in the rockets uni?
    gotta check your priorities

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Too little, too late.

This thread should have originated before Wall's first game as a Rocket.

Here's hoping the tweet was meant to say he's out for the remainder of the 2021-22 season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It was interesting watching Wall this season. He was actually extremely good early in the year. The offense was visibly better with him vs without, and the team was consistently competing. He was judicious with his shot selection and managing the offense very well.

Then when Wood went down, everything fell apart and he was the most visible collapse. Even when Wood came back he never regained form, he just remained an inefficient chucker. I don't know what the hell happened, he's taking the most shots of his career since Wood's injury.

One would think he would struggle and get better coming off injury, instead it was the exact opposite. It's like the front office told him to be an elite tank commander and he obliged them. He was never a selfish chucker in Washington.