1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall need to see the Door!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 12, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I call BS!!!

Wall is the leader for team Camaraderie!

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Orlando Magic are agree!

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d definitely sacrifice one of our later RFPs to unload him this off-season.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Door is attached to Wall.

Scarface likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I think it is by design. Wall is our designated sand bagger.

Armoni almost blew up our tank. His orders should be, when in doubt give it to Wall.

Tfor3 and BamBam like this.
  7. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

8. Landry's Tooth

He's not getting bought out... his contract is too valuable for trading when he has a year left...

The goal is to deal his expiring deal and picks for a superstar on a long term deal...

Not a fan of KAT but he seems like the most obvious to pull an Anthony Davis....

JoeBarelyCares and BamBam like this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

As mentioned...
    1. We’re tanking.
    2. YUGE trade asset in two yrs.
    3. Rinse & repeat.

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

JoeBarelyCares and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Like clockwork we got it down to 6 pts, and bring wall in the game and he instantly comes in chucking and kills the run. When he came back in the suns announcer were chuckling talking about Brooks is on fire and soon as Wall comes in, he ISO’s and looking for his own Shot when all quarter the rockets had been assisting and dishing to get it down to a two possesion

The one comment that really set the narrative ass when they said look at how CP3 plays with and leads his young squad vs how wall plays with and leads his young squadand they’re playing the same position but different roles and leadership. Basically said Wall doesn’t play winning basketball.

the were really laughing about the technical. Like they said you could’ve gotten that all game when it was double digits deficit but wait til it’s a 7 pt game with one minutes left to assess it.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always recommend holding up signs outside the Toyota Center . . . the bigger the better, use something like a dark Sharpie for the lettering and either white or highway-safety yellow for the sign itself (for visibility).

that usually works.

J.R. likes this.
  12. thekad

thekad Member

Hopefully he gets big minutes next season too. I hear that draft is going to be pretty good.

Bench and buy him out in 2022/23 season.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Brick by brick, Wall is helping rebuild the franchise. If the fourth quarter shooting percentage remains low, the top-4 lottery percentage remains as high as possible (52.1%).

Corrosion likes this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

See the door? And let the small window of opp we have to get the lottery? I shutter to think what might happen if he leaves, it might all go down the gutter. He is the foundation to the lottery. Ok those are all the home puns I can think of

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

My st
    Agree with everything except, huge asset in 2yrs! We don't have 2yrs! He's taking away efficient shots and that can ruin a younger player's growth and team chemistry.

I agree we need to tank but I think you can achieve both; by winning every 5th or 6th game, rsther than not winning at all.

A win last night would have been HUGE for the players confidence moving forward. After Brooks brought us back, Wall came back into the game and made it all about HIM! He took two 3's, missed both, turn the ball over and and got a tech!

GAME OVER

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You do understand he is completely untradeable unless you are willing to include multiple first round picks, right? And I'm assuming you also understand we aren't actually trying to win right now so nothing you're describing is currently an issue. To the contrary, he's a tremendous asset in our current quest to be the worst team in the league.

Overall this is just a weird post. Nobody, on this board or in the organization, thinks John Wall is part of our future. He'll be here for a couple years of the tank job and then by his final year they'll figure out a way to move him or buy him out.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall needs to see the door (not happening at this point with that albatross contract), or Wall needs to see the floor...pass the ball and stop chucking my dude, you’re not a scorer like that...u never were, and never will be, so just stop it

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Believe it or not, we have at minimum of 2yrs. before we start seeing any real hope of getting out of the basement. The chances of a 1yr tank being successful is highly improbable and borders on being a pipe dream.

As far as winning 1 out of every 6 games...we’re not the only team trying to tank, if we blow this and open handily give our pick to OKC we will be screwed! You want to see our young players get deflated, make the tank last longer and you’ll eventually start seeing a mutiny.

That’s my take, we can agree to disagree...

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He’s the perfect fake star for the Rockets to promote while we push for the worst record this year and next. Play all the young guys and build up their value and see what you have. Then next year trade him as an expiring tied to a couple of those young guys/picks for the next disgruntled star who wants out.

Add aforementioned disgruntled star to a top 4 pick this year and next and hopefully at least one of Brooks, KPJ, KMJ, breaks out. You still have Wood and all those BKN picks and swaps should begin to bear fruit.

That’s how you build a dynasty. But we need that top 4 pick this year and to suck again next year. Hence Wall the tank commander will continue to do his duty.

Plowman likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really like his defense and his passing, but unfortunately he seems to want to jack 20 shots a night. :(

Corrosion likes this.