1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Wall: If you have certain guys that don’t want to buy in, it’s hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop the steal

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, it’s only been 9 games

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Tilman should send you a basket of Landry’s to go that customers did not pick it up.

Fans like you is the reason why Tilman insisted to keep selling tickets.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd have Boogie in the front office 100 times out of 100 over Tilman.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Wall is right

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden is right about the situation being crazy. He clearly hasn't given this team a true chance and if you ever played basketball in a team setting then this is too evident to you. Tucker and Harden didn't give training camp a true chance so that effected Silas' chance to get the team truly ready. On top of that you have new players and new players that haven't played in one to two years. Plus you have young players in the rotation. It's too much change to try to just put lipstick on pig and then just go out and play.

This to me is one thing that paints Harden out to be a selfish player right now. He knows all this and then just uses it as leverage to say this team isn't good enough. Well no ****.

No different then him wanting all these trades to happen especially Westbrook for CP3 then when it doesn't work out and Westbrook calls him out and the culture now he's pissed and now on this date he calls the current situation a mess that can't be fixed. Well no ****.

This is a weak/losers mentality that isn't a leader that needs to be off the team. Fans are scared he we will leave Houston and win a championship. I personally don't give a F about that. Everyone in this city and cities around this league knows Harden is weak for this and quietly looking at him sideways as well as the Rockets for allowing Harden to be this monster in the first place all these years when in reality he didn't deserve all that power.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wish Wall would buy in to not shooting so many disgusting looking jumpers.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The team isn't good and Tillman already quit bro. Let the man go. The run is over. I've NEVER seen so many 6'4 wing players on one roster in the NBA. They are still playing microball.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

I can’t help but have mad respect for Wall at this point. If he also wanted out (and was public about it), the team would be in complete disarray.

edit: I guess some would say we are already there, but still

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BS you can't tell me Capela is better than Wood... Wall is not that far from Westbrook. Harden has quit and isn't giving his best effort. I'm not letting Harden make it with that. He wants out... ok but acting like this team is complete trash is going too far just say you want out and leave it at that.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So this is a championship roster? Wall hasn't played in two years, still a medicore shooter & he's not Westbrook. Wood is terrible defensively vs. size, he's too light. The wing players are tiny (6'4 and under) and you have a rookie/cheap HC. We all know Harden's max effect comes when he's got the ball the majority of the time especially on a squad as limited as limited as this one. But Silas wants something different. So it ain't happening. And James has wanted out the second that Tillman flushed Morey for the newbie/cheap GM. Oblige the request. Tillman has already quit

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wall could be playing better. He is getting paid more than James this year. Just sayin'.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

AND SILAS IS MAKING SURE HE GETS THE ROCK! LMAO!

But seriously, the team just isn't good and the Morey/Harden era is done. The Rockets should just move on man.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

It's a team sport.

Harden was done with the rockets before training camp.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a circus. Human emotions are still there for everyone. John Wall was hoping that Harden could buy in and make him better, but Harden has been waiting on the rest of the team to show him what they're about and if it was even worth it and he's seen enough. I can only assume there is awkwardness in the locker room and a clique here and clique on the other side.

I feel bad for Silas in a way, but he's the coach. If he wants to stick around in this league he needs to put these guys in a better position to succeed - I dont even know what the team is trying to do half the time and thats not all Hardens fault (although he shoulders his portion of the blame).

Dankstronaut likes this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah, James was getting terrible advice and showing up out of shape is just plain unprofessional. PERIOD. But the Morey/ Harden era is a thing of the past and it's time to move forward. It's the Fertitta show now, let's see what Tillman has in mind going forward. But James needs to be gone like yesterday.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Last years team wasn't a championship team in reality lol we didn't even have big men. House is still here. Gordon is still here. Tucker is still here. Westbrook didn't even play on back to back games. The coaching is not the issue hell they stopped playing hard for Dantoni when it mattered. Austin Rivers exposed that. Harden is toxic right now and his body language and half hearted play as one of the "supposed" leaders on this team is negatively affecting the entire group and it shows.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yup. Its time I wash my hands of it too. I cant ride with a guy who isnt even going to try. Wall - while not as good a player as James and on a repaired achilles is out there putting it on the line and I respect that.

#TIME2TANK

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think you're exactly right with this one. The cliques especially.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Question....

mount of 9 games how many have we had a full, healthy roster?

JayGoogle likes this.