1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Wall / Cousins and more to miss tonight’s game due to Covid tracing *UPDATE* someone tested positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Hence the "in" and not pending. We all know a dumb **** when we see one. Captain orangutan is the reference here

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty damn talented dog ****...

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think it is you who didn't understand the back and forth my dude.

Come on man! Poor kids are just as smart as white kids!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chill, I know it's opening night but it is just one game.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, you got it.

But there is this CT number. Cycle threshold value.

Determines the virus load in one's body.

Even if you're positive and CT is over 34 or 35, you're basically less than likely infectious, you can't be passing it on.

malakas, pippendagimp and forchette49 like this.
  6. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Chillout keyboard warrior. I mentioned, "IF Harden was indeed partying and breaking the protocol". I can't get any clear than that but you choose to read what you want to.

Also, you clearly do not get the implied message in my post. Breaking protocol = jeopardizing other team players with Covid exposure. That is disrespecting the league, the people in general, and specifically his teammates, especially when he is the best player on the team. Also, who's talking about trading away for pennies? Simmons and some fillers are not pennies. Definitely not the same caliber as Harden but the man just does not seem to care much anymore for the Rockets. Besides, you won't be getting Giannis or Luka type players for Harden ever nor it seems any team wants to give away their first-round picks either with their current stars. So not sure what you are expecting for Harden.

And what is up with angry clutchfans lately?! Don't get your panties in a bunch.

topfive likes this.
  7. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

You don’t understand viruses do you? There are different strains of each virus that can lead to multiple infections and reinfection. That’s why there’s 3-4 strains of flu in the annual flu shot.

With COVID we have case reports that there are reinfections occurring from every continent in the world. Granted nothing that’s a large study but there is noise and potentially a signal there. Personally I have seen multiple patients that had Covid then converted negative and then test positive again later down the line. No idea if that’s a new infection or a progression of their old Covid but the test change correlated to sudden declines in their lung function. I’ve also had patients who never got into my ICU with known Covid that were released home but then would come back a couple weeks later with raging pneumonitis and requiring high doses of steroids. So is it reinfection or progression? Who knows but it’s not outside the realm of possibility to be reinfected.

Hakeemtheking and sirbaihu like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

The knee jerkers on this thread.

Embarrassing.

Patience, ksny15 and duluth111222 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only the Rockets baby!

ElPigto and ksny15 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We da best.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Gota win at something!

topfive likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can I get a cliff notes version of the players being quarantined and this "barber" incident?

Why is Harden the only one getting fined?

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

And it's also a JIC thing as well. The likelihood you would have the viral load needed to get someone else infected is probably slim to none, but the CDC just doesn't have those definitive numbers yet. So, just wear the mask. Also, other people don't know that you have the antibodies, so you would just be a potentially contagious anti-masker to them.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. opticon

opticon Member

Harden is being fined due to multiple videos surfacing over the past few weeks of him not following NBA protocols. The Nba's stance is basically don't get caught on video. If you get caught on video breaking protocol you have to go into isolation. if you miss games due to isolation you miss game checks.
    Harden is not going not going to give up half a mil a game.

Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for this but that's not actually summarizing everything and its not what the NBA's stance is.

I already got the info I need.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're building a quick lead out of the gates on those so-called contenders.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Cousins had a slumber party with his best bros on the team, they stayed up late watching all the barber shop movies, but someone snuck the Rona in and it all went bad.

Nimo and HP3 like this.
  19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

You are joking right? This is probably the most idiotic post I've read on CFs.
    Maybe go and ask KAT what he thinks.

Listen, I'm not in the US. But I see you guys with record cases daily both in contracted numbers and death rates which hasn't helped having a delusional President.
    I've just come from a state where masks were mandatory, curfews and you were only allowed out from home for certain reasons. The virus here is now under control (wave 2) with 0 transmissions in 40 days.
    I work on the front line and YES you can get it twice. The virus can also cause long term even permanent problems to even young healthy people.

But I won't go on because I really hope your post is a joke.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thank you for your service at the front line.

You're a hero, much appreciated.

Hakeemtheking and wesbound like this.