1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Waiting for the Spurs/Clippers - Is this good or bad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETrobert, May 1, 2015.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

numbers show that james and ariza play better with rest. they've played so many games/minutes all year.

rest will help dwight's knee.

rest will help terry/prigs old legs.

rest will give time for the coaching staff to prepare, while the opponent will have only 48 hours between game 7 tip-off and game 1 tip off against a different opponent.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    also, i'm rooting pretty hard for the clippers. i don't want any part of the spurs.

clippers have a weaker bench, they can't hack us (or risk us hacking jordan), and they have no one to guard harden, they can be as turn over prone like us, they are not as mentally tough as the spurs.

the spurs can/will hack, their bench will outscore ours, they will put the DPOY on harden, they know how to win on the road, they are very mentally tough.

2. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

You better go find some wood to knock on. I swear if James gets injured...

3. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I guess your a bandwagon'er?

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

harden and ariza need the rest after doing overtime minutes in the season. and dwight with his knee. maybe the old pgs too lol. im glad it went to 7 games. makes the first game easier

5. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Anyone know when game 1 will be? Looks like the Rocks will have around a week off before the next series.

Rust only exists when a player is injured and can't practice or go through scrimmages for a while, when there is something stopping a player from keeping his body physically prepared. So unless the Rockets spend the whole week sitting on their asses eating bonbons, they wont be rusty for the semi's.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

They finished the series Tuesday(April 28). Game 1 is Monday(May 4).

7. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Thanks, J.R.

8. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Oh wait, game 1 has to be Tuesday, unless the winner of Spurs-Clippers are going to play a back-to-back Sun & Mon.

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Game 7 of their series is today (Saturday), not Sunday.

10. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Oops you're right. I thought they had an early Sunday game for some reason.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Rest over Rhythm was some professional's motto (Reggie Miller?) I don't quite remember. I know injuries are already paying a toll on the clips with Davis. The spurs have plug and play players (Mills, Marco, Green) who can just go off on you on any given night outside of their core four (Manu, Parker, Timmy D, Kawhi). Both teams have given us fits this year, However we haven't had a healthy Howard all year either.

"If you're afraid of wolves, don't go into the woods"

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

E xactly. Not to mention Howards knee.

13. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Spurs/clippers play today.

14. showa13

showa13 Member

There is such a thing as too much rest. But at this point of the season it's hard to get too much rest. I think we had the perfect amount of time off, and it'll benefit us if this next series goes long(which I think it will vs either team)

15. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Also, we need to focus on having more points at the end of each game.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know about this "resting our PGs" thing. If you rest Terry too long, he'll turn 50 on you. And I don't mean points.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

B-Bob is trying to say that if we rest them too long we might not see them live before they retire.

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

If We Were Favorites, it might be a problem. But they know we will be the underdog in either situation.

Them going to a game 7 puts more of a toll on there bodies. This worked out for us.

I think for us to win, we are going to need to win 2 games on the road.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Any time you can get rest in the playoffs, while your potential match-up are still playing hard fought games, you take it without a doubt.

Sure the team might be a little rusty to start the game but if this team can't "get up" for a game after some rest in the playoffs then that's on them, not on the extra rest they go.

An added bonus might be that both the Spurs and Clippers may actually hurt from not getting any rest from their series to ours.

Clippers are basically down to a 6 or 7 man rotation with Davis hurt (their 5 starters plus Crawford and Rivers). Hawes hasn't gotten much time and he hasn't been good either so who knows if he will get many minutes, Crawford hasn't been the same since his comeback from injury and Rivers is Austin.. Plus, both Griffin and Paul have been logging 40mpg.

Spurs are just old. Effective but old. Neither Manu nor Parker have looked too good. Duncan is amazing but I don't think he can hold Dwight. Our big men should be able to dominate the series, which is needed if they attach Kawhi on Harden 24/7.