1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wafer to Orlando?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Jul 12, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

love you man!

DD

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

He won't be specific about any deals I know this from past conversations. He will we are looking into possibilities etc etc but won't go into details if it involves another team. He is more giving with info when it comes to Rockets related moves (injury updates, development, rocket Free agents)

And he probably wouldn't know about jerseys that is not his area that's more of a PR/marketing area

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

PAUSE

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

May heaven (or something, somebody, even aliens from the Great Beyond) preserve us from that fate again!

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Moochie was actually pretty decent until he got rid of his hair.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

DD to Orlando? :confused: :(

7. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Morey can work a s&t with orlando, they can get von and we get courtney lee or anything else morey finds valuable on that squad. or they can match gortat and use him in the s&T

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Courtney Lee is in NJ...Gortat can't be matched and traded till Dec 15th trust me i've asked lol...

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Orlando needs Gortat more than they need Von.

10. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

lol, ouch that sucks, lol. We need a mobile big man, hopefully someone who is not flat footed

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mooch was pretty decent until he got an absurd contract of rediculous length, causing him to coast while playing for the Rocks. I despise players that work for "that deal" they've been looking for their entire career and, upon getting it, feel like they've won the lottery and can kick back, instead of showing their gratitude by taking names and kicking a$$. The Mooch sat back and relished his good forture. The Rockets felt stabbed in the back. I sure as hell did. I really liked the guy. I really like Wafer, but I think He, and his agent, think he's worth far more than he's shown up until now, and we'd be crazy to repeat the mistakes of the past. He should take a contract commiserate with what he's shown us, and that includes showing us that he has severe limitations with his game, well documented, that need major, major work before getting a contract his agent, and some around here, believe he deserves right now.

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Second that. I'm not losing hope for Taylor though. Dude just recovered from hamstring injuries.
    I say we bring back Von within 2.5m per year. :cool:

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he might pick up courtney lee's minutes, but probably less b/c his defense isn't as good.

had he stayed with us and mature, he most likely would get more minutes b/c we have a SG hole with the uncertainty of tracy and trade of ron. if i wanted to make a name for myself and "thrive," i would stay with right here.

14. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

This just strikes me as odd. With his style of play, playing under a Van Gundy just seems like a career-killer.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Real men are secure in their masculinity and don't need to say outwardly what is overwhelmingly evident.

DD

16. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

PAUSE........ ouch DD, lol, you really took time to come up with this

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am not sure if he would take Lee's minutes, with Hedo, the playmaker gone. Vince Carter, Rashard, and Von need alot of shots to be effective. Pietrus will suck up all the minutes, since he doesn't need the ball. Wafer might get 10-15 minutes as a spark.

18. Strawman

Strawman Member

They just lost Lee and they probably want a similar young player to fill that role.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I think they want a 'stretch the D 4; not a stretch the belt 4'. But I could be mistaken.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Where did it say he is gone? And more to the serious point, the man needs to get paid. If some team will ante up then you can cry 'uncle' to his Rock career...