1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wafer Speculation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m_cable, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'd take Wafer over any of those 3 guys drafted tonight.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

The Rockets should still try and sign Wafer. He has proven his worth and the guys coming in like Taylor have to earn their spots. As long as Wafer does not demand so much, ( maybe half of the mid level would do. ) He is a safe investment for the Rockets. Proven > Potential.

3. limeal

limeal Member

We have enough SGs.
    I think whether Wafer is done depends on how much he asks for.
    Let us see how amazing Morey is.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DaDakota now saying that young players can't help - I've seen it all.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course you would, and I would take Azubuike back over Wafer.

Either way, getting young talent is not a bad thing.

And the best PER SG in the draft...

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD, how many times have you scouted theses guys and how many workouts did you attend to come up with the conclusion that these guys won't make a difference?

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I think this draft was to protect the Rockets just in case Wafer walks, or even Artest walks. If they had stand pat on the draft, Wafer and Artest would have the upper-hand in negotiations.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Why does everyone seem to think second round picks playing in their rookie season are somehow going to replace rotation players? Sure, it happens but not most of the time. To think someone who was not even picked in the first round will outplay a guy who averaged 10ppg in 20 minutes in the NBA is a little unrealistic.

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

He is just mad because Morey didn't do what he wanted. DD didn't get his wish so now he is mad at Morey for not making his wish come true :rolleyes:

Or maybe these guys aren't "efficient" enough for him.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The situation has changed Sam, IMO, we are finally in a position with players to compete for it all....whereas before we were not.....

So, if that is the case, this team needs to get assets that can help win now, in Yao's declining window....

Before we didn't have enough to really win (especially with Rafer) now we do....situations change Sam...situations change.

DD

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Jump, I really don't know much about any of them, I just look at the history of 2nd round picks, and it is not all that good.

Think about it a minute, for every Landry, we have a:

Dorsey
    Luenan
    Newley
    Lior

So, the odds are not good for these guys IMO......

DD

12. jump shooter

You obviously feel that Morey is done dealing for the offseason. Your a veteran of these situations DD, you know moves will eventually play themselves out.

13. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

only if Wafer didn't mess with Adelman in the PLAYOFFS

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I hope so....I really do....

DD

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Honestly I think this draft was to put pressure on Wafer......I think Morey wants him back, who wouldn't? The guy is a productive NBA player and was GREAT for us...as a starter, not good...GREAT.....

But, the team can not afford to let him hold them ransom, so Morey drafts replacments......and tells Wafer....we want you....but you have to sign....

I would watch how quickly these guys sign contracts as to whether the team really wants them or not.

I will bet Morey drags it out forever.....waiting for Wafer and Ron's situation to be finished and possibly trading them with Tmac.

Asset management is going on here......let's hope we KEEP the proven Assets and jettison the unproven for another PROVEN asset...

DD

16. jump shooter

I Morey I trust. I still think the rockets will resign Wafer.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Me too, then they will flip these assets in a trade.....

I think it is going to be a LONG offseason.

DD

18. jump shooter

James White is probably the goner is this situation, they kicked out alot of cash for Taylor.

19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Wafer is gonna be on another team next year...big deal. The guy can score, no doubt about that and he still has room to grow. He needs to learn how to dribble; pass to his team, not turn the ball over, play defense, change attitude, listen to his coach, quit throwing fits when its his time to come out of a game...and beside that he is good. I like the guy but he is not that vitial in the future of the rockets. Crap, Sam Mack could score and he sure did NOT help the Rockets turn into a champinship team!

"Buck-A-Roo for 2"

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Funny how you probably just read my post on another thread and used it by saying it was your thought :rolleyes: Your really a weird dude.