1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wafer has just resigned with the Rox

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PeppermintCandy

Unless there's a trade, we have a glut of wings. Granted, unlike Wafer, almost all are better suited to play small forward, but how much playing time can Wafer expect when there's Ariza, Battier and (when he returns) Budinger ahead of him in the rotation? Plus there's McGrady's limited minutes.

OTOH from what I've read about Memphis, they are desperate for some firepower off the bench, which sounds like almost guaranteed minutes for Von.

2. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I really like this signing, Von brings scoring & excitement off the bench. He can really fire up a crowd and he will definitely help us avoid those scoring droughts. Budinger has been inconsistent off the bench, so this gives Adelman another scoring option. Yes, this could lead to a trade of McGrady, but I still hope that Tracy could find his game and either help this team or imrove his trade value.

We do have to remember that Von became a problem for Adelman during last season's playoffs. I guess we won't hear the word "cancer" from DD, but this is a concern.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

4. chosans

chosans Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I see your missed dunk.. and raise it what ended up being the game winning shot from the same night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oXVTm3yLdg#t=1m59s
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oXVTm3yLdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=119"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oXVTm3yLdg&hl=en_US&fs=11&start=119" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow this is the shocker of the year - he obviously wasn't that bad in the locker room after all.

7. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

he cant play more due to insurance

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

This shall be interesting... welcome back Von.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The guy got too emotional during a very emotional game. It happens.

It's not like he threw his team under the bus in the media repeatedly, had season ending surgery without notifying the team or made a video and posted it online questioning the organization's desire for not playing him after that surgery.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'll take Kevin Martin. I think the Kings are set with Tyreke Evans.

Plus, it would sweet to have a Rocket on my fantasy team. I missed out on Scola & Brooks!

11. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Morey is not an "Egghead". He will not move Battier. Battier is good for
    the team. He's like the oil to the engine.

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

I was so not expecting this. Can't wait to see what happens next! Props to DM!

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Misleading?

The insurance applies to playing or not , not to how long he plays? once he plays a game, that means the insurance will not pay him? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It is. Well deserved too.

15. Kate81

Kate81 Member

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This is only just the beginning....

[​IMG]

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

No worries, it appears Memphis backed out of the deal.

beastleyBLVD Von Wafer saga takes another spin. MEM backed out at the last second, FOX 26 says Wafer has agreed to re-sign with HOU.

18. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

Wow...I never thought this would happen but I don't know if I should be happy or sad...but I'm definitely shocked!

19. albuster

albuster Member

I really hope that DM will maintain his reputation as a great GM by keeping Battier and not involving him in any trade involving McGrady or anyone.

20. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I've looked at most of the thread but didn't see anything about years or $$. Anyone know the terms?