1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Wade's "Travel"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, May 28, 2013.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

You can't make that call. It's a simple step back and pass. Discuss.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Battier hit the 3-pointer after Wade was called for the travel, making that all the more vital of a call.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/339581499714187264">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Refs are bad both ways, Wade didn't travel though, used a crossover step with a step back off a single dribble. Foot work was all correct</p>&mdash; Zach Hahn (@Zach3Hahn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Zach3Hahn/status/339583176252989441">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>When did a step back.....become a travel? Wade does that move 3 times a quarter.... Wow.</p>&mdash; Joshua Bingham (@binghamology) <a href="https://twitter.com/binghamology/status/339582125114273792">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This thread is a simple boo hoo and wahhh.

3. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

THIS I can get on board with. Was the travel when he changed his pivot foot before the step back, because that step back was not a travel....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wade did travel but they called it late. It was before the step back when he dribbled forward</p>&mdash; Eboni Surgick (@ebb_surgick) <a href="https://twitter.com/ebb_surgick/status/339582572269023232">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so now twitter accounts are credible sources? He didn't just step back, he dribbled, stopped, stepped back....AND THEN MOVED HIS PIVOT FOOT. I saw it on my DVR like 5 times after people were b****ing but even while I was watching it live it was clear as day.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

No. I'm a spurs fan, but pacertom is annoying. He says it was an OBVIOUS travel. If it's so obvious then why is the internet and twitterverse blowing up about it? You would think something so obvious wouldn't be debated this much.

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

So the step back wasn't the travel? It was the pivot foot? So, pacertom was wrong?

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i thought it was bc he caught it, put his right foot down then took two more steps, stopped, pump faked and then made another move toward the basket then into the step back but it was a travel bc he couldnt dribble anymore after he initially caught the ball, i dont know, the whole thing confused me but i didnt think it was the step back move, i thought it was him going into that move. idc either way, i hate the heat lol

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I want to discuss this from a basketball rules perspective and not from a miami/indiana perspective. When Harden does this move, is it a travel or no? When my opponent does this on the street should I call a travel?

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

He takes steroids so technically, since we're being technical, everything he does is illegal. Have no problem with that call.

Next.

1 person likes this.
  10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Maybe the NBA should be more consistent with "what is a travel" then we wouldn't be talking about this.

11. VBG

VBG Member

I'm gonna wait for the breakdown that will come in the next coupla days. Initially I thought it was a travel but I could be wrong.

12. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>James Harden been running quick slants all season with no call and they call Wade for that travel. I'm going to bed on that note lmao.</p>&mdash; Trey Wilson (@ILL_Wil_) <a href="https://twitter.com/ILL_Wil_/status/339582319327330304">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Fair enough.

14. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Look, I don't think anyone can convice me that that step back is a travel. It's simply not. But if he changed his pivot foot or he waited too long to pass after doing the step back then it's a travel all day. I just want to know what they called.

I'm sure Steven A and Skip will be talking about it tomorrow. Hopefully they get a ref or former ref to chime in.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Regardless of the travel, could Wade play any worse. Do you guys think it's the Pacer defense or does Wade just stink now?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwyane Wade has now gone 10 games straight w/out scoring 20 points, longest streak of his career. Wake up call?</p>&mdash; Shreyans Jain (@ShreyansJ_) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShreyansJ_/status/339597417324367872">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You cant stop, then step back. It has to be one move. Wades was not.

1 person likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tbh he'll come out and score like 50 one of these games. 2 yrs ago Allen was laying an egg the entire playoffs with the Celtics and just went off one night. He'll be fine but it looks like age is catching up a little. He isn't playing that bad though...just not up to D-Wade level.

18. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Not going to happen. He looks disinterested for at least half the game and when he does try to turn it on, he still looks bad.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

anybody got a video of the "so called" travel?

20. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

not sure why this is a big deal. the game was over anyways.