1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wade: T-Mac still got game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/wade_mac_still_got_game_ZoIpfOST20uP6l7puQHFHP

2. pli777

pli777 Member

Problem is the organisation wants him gone, NOT believing he has nothing left.

3. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Ok, there will be so many users on here who despite what anybody says will hate on Tmac. Even if Jesus Christ himself said Tmac can still play, these people will still be b****ing about how Tmac didn't satisfy their personal needs.
    I'm sure Mac can still play, and a very credible player named Wade thinks so to. But even with all this, it's time to move on. Yeah Houston didn't really make a huge effort to work Mac into their plans. But the past is the past, Mac deserves a chance in another city. And this team desperately needs a change.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

He might have "something left" but its sure not 23 mil worth of whatever that something is. He might even still be a avg to slightly above avg nba player, but everytime he hits the court he is only out to prove he is an elite player. He is not willing to take on a role that a slightly above avg nba player should play imo. Even if we dont trade him, keep him in exile.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Doesn't matter. He doesn't help us in our long term plans. He doesn't help us in his short-term plans(unless you think Adelman's a liar). He hasn't stayed healthy long enough recently to make it worth altering our play style for him.

That's all there is to it. Whether he can actually play or not is irrelevant for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Well there's one superstar who won't be signing with us no matter how much cap space we could clear for him.

7. VBG

VBG Member

I dunno. If you look at that, it shows that NBA players don't really like the way T-Mac is being treated (I know it's just one D-Wade).

But this T-Mac situation is giving the Rockets a bad rep IMO.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Couldn't agree more. Barkley and Wade have nothing to gain from their statements. Grover has EVERYTHING to lose if T-Mac flops.

The Rockets are getting back at T-Mac, but the revenge is disproportionate and I am certain that no FA will sign with us this summer if we don't trade him or buy him out QUICKLY (after the deadline).

The guy did everything possible to make up for his past. Obviously, he was not going to do it with one offseason of hard work, but all signs indicated that he was going to do whatever it took. He was punished for it. Now it's gone way too far though.

I am a huge Morey fan and can not understand his attitude here. He is usually very rational and logical. Adelman is usually very understanding. It's so unusual of them.

I am personally rooting for T-Mac to drop 50 on the Rockets (in a Rockets win ofcourse :D ) with whatever team he ends up playing for.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I have a question guys. Look, many people around the NBA are thinking that the Rockets dissrespected, treated McGrady in the wrong way.

What do you think stars like DWade think about this organization now? Wade said 'he should play'.

Will stars like Wade, Amare, Johnson, Bosh be afraid of signing with this team after all that drama with Tracy?

10. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

It's sad to see how things change for TMAC.

I mean this guy seems to do everything wrong.

To play through injuries is wrong

To never past 2nd round playoff , but score one of highest playoff poing-avg

To protect himself get trade

To be honest in front of people

IN count, he was one of smartest players in the game, in real life? he just ...stupid.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Exactly. Reading all those comments in media it looks like everybody is behind Tracy, beside people from Rockets, Houston.

And yes, this situation IS giving Rockets a bad reputation.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

We weren't going to get a superstar (Wade, LerBon) to this team anyways. Joe Johnson is not a good fit and I hate Amare.

I can see if a player "sides" with another player in these kinda situation. I mean it's like you sticking up for your co-worker against the company. I doubt MerGady has done anything bad to any other players, so I don't see why any player would openly not support him.

This is how they see it: co-worker messed up company's plans, and now the company is getting him back.

In most cases I would say if this happened in most other companies not named NBA, that employee would've been terminated. MerGady is just lucky he is working for the NBA.

With that said, I'm not too worried about our chances of getting a star player here.

13. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Let's be clear about what that article says:

"Wade worked out with the trade target of the Knicks over the summer "

"To see all that aggression he put in the weight room, you want to see him put it out on the court." "

Wade worked out with McGrady in Chicago last summer. McGrady didn't start playing basketball again until shortly after the start of training camp. So, Wade didn't see McGrady playing basketball last summer, he saw him rehabbing.
    So, Wade can watch a guy coming off of microfracture surgery rehab and determine that he can still play? That was nothing more than Wade offering encouragment to another player trying to return from injury.

3 people like this.
  14. hoplite

hoplite Member

smartest post in months my friend.

15. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

I dont think Rockets can get any star according to Morey's low risk style.
    Maybe after 10 years, Rockets will be a team have 10 MLE players. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  16. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Cato: Franchise still got hoops

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Once again, the Rockets mishandle a star player's situation. Way to go Rockets. :rolleyes:

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I guess everyone is forgetting what tmac have done to the rockets, and not what the rockets have done to tmac.

1 person likes this.
  19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Tmac may have screwed us last year but we screwed ourselves by turn him into an expiring contract with no comments saying he has nothing left or he would ruin our chemistry. Rockets organization should have kept their mouth shut and increased his trade value.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Wade > Cato MCGrady > Franchise