1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

College football has better loyalty rivalries and attendance than the nfl.

But it all depends on what college you went to.
    Lsu, ohio state, Michigan, Texas. .etc

I guess some of you didn't get to fully enjoy college football.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

right, because nfl teams covet case keenum so highly, as evidenced by him being drafted by an nfl team after 4 years of college seasoning...oh wait...

3. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Kam im just surprised at your emotion on this. i remember your selvin young sarcasm cause he went to your hs. you seem too laid back for this

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Kam i know you from way back you dont even talk about anna anymore. she got too old

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Don't you understand that you are now that poser? That annoying guy who keeps coming in (uninvited) and rubbing salt in wounds. You are trolling a thread where all people are doing is posting updates on a guy's attempt to turn around his life and resurrect his career. He's apologized for his mistakes, he went back to get his degree, he has worked his ass off and dealt with a lot of embarrassing press that he was responsible for. That's every sports movie ever.

You spend most of your time b****ing about posters on the internet but what did he ever do to you? Did he ask to be drafted by the Titans? He's not a bad guy and if you don't give a **** about High School athletes that represent Houston on the state level then that's fair. He still won a championship for Houston which I feel says a lot.

I defended the Texans against the same posters and defended their choice of Mario. That's in the past and all anyone is talking about now is his attempt to come back. Please make a list of all the posters you want to apologize. Who cares about "outing" them.

It just seems really petty. The guy never beat his wife. He never got busted for drugs. He punched a dude in a strip club for putting the horns down which I still think is awesome.

At the end of the day, you are arguing with people who aren't here and it just makes you sound petty and dickish.

Like it or not, a lot of proud Houstonians who love the Texans went to UT or are fans of the school. The school provides Houston companies with a lot of talented workers and accepts a lot of kids from the city. To dismiss VY's connection to the City of Houston because he didn't go to school at UH or Rice is superficial. If he means something to the people of the city then he means something to the city. I don't know the ratings of UT games in Houston vs UH but I'm betting they don't lag behind that much.

#3545 Brando2101, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

please, those posters who are gone would continue rubbing it in Texans fans wounds if VY was actually playing like they all thought he would. VY fans asking for a little consideration is hilarious.

and no one is questioning his character. his inability to even be an NFL backup is what's so great about this whole thing.

#3546 macalu, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

But they aren't here. You are annoying the people that for the most part didn't do that ****. Don't you see why this seems so dumb?

You are taking joy out of the hardships of a good guy who never did anything to you. He never talked trash about the city. He has said only good things. It's his hometown. He brought a High School championship to it. He went to what might be the most popular college to the people in the city of Houston. He beat the Texans with Tenn but that was his job. Why are you so happy to see a guy like that unemployed? Do you get that isn't a game? It's real life.

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Kam went to Jersey Village?

9. macalu

are you serious? the biggest troll of them all is still in this thread. and just because those other people aren't posting doesn't mean they're not reading it.

as to respond to your second part, if you read some of my past posts you'll see that i think what's happened to him is rather sad. now i'm just giving his fanboys a taste of their own medicine.

10. Buck Turgidson

I'm sorry, but the guy is the greatest HS football player to come out of the City of Houston, and is also arguably the greatest college football player to come out of the State of Texas. That's enough of a resume for me, lots of guys don't hack it after college or even after HS. Kenneth Sims, Ken Hall, Hart Lee Dykes, Ben Gay, etc....

11. Major

Major Member

So basically, you're saying those people would be so annoying if things were different, so you've decided the best course of action to you now is to act the same way? :confused:

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This kid wasn't too bad...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaDainian_Tomlinson

13. Buck Turgidson

I fail to see your point.

14. macalu

well, yea. it's obvious i'm trolling.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm not sure what that even means.

Of course you can't do that.

But you don't want to compare professional to professional vs "amateur" to "amateur."

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Anna is still a fine piece of ass. I don't talk her much up and that's fine.

It's VH 1, AK 2, or 1A.

Plus, not much to talk about her other than the biggest loser challenge from a few seasons back.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Who's the biggest troll in the thread? You're a smart guy and seem unbiased. I don't see myself replying back with jpegs and YouTube videos that have nothing to do with the post.

I'm not questioning his character. I don't care if he beats his wife, have 30 kids with 30 different females, drugs, sexual assault, bankrupt, armed robberies. I don't know the guy. If he's trying to put his life together off the field, that's better than most former NFL players.

I'm not rubbing salt in his wound. I'm rubbing salt in your wounds. (Not yours specifically)

If I can borrow a line from some guy in a wheel chair from the great white north and quote some lyrics cause that idiot who likes to post lyrics about **** that doesn't make sense does that all the times.

Texans started from the bottom.

Now they're here.

What pisses me off the most though is the term "only fan"

Tinman is a VY only fan, yet he wanted to **** on Yao fans and Lin guys and tmac guys, and starting November, Dwight fans. The hypocrisy of it all was so stupidly annoying. But but but I went to UT. So it makes it okay. No, it makes it obvious.

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Vy threads arent fun if maculu and kam aren't trolling.
    This thread is legend and we should keep it going.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Kam
    Why do we have to wait for dwight fans to show up? Why would they not show up when he signed?

You know why. Its not a cult .same as artest and harden. They don't have cult followings.

20. the shark

the shark Member

"THE greatest HS football player to come out of the city of Houston"?
    And
    "Arguably the greatest college football player to come out of the state of Texas"?

From Houston: Mike Singletary and Thurman Thomas come to mind (both in the HOF) so NO way VY is better than either of them.

State of Texas: off the top of my head--Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Mike Strahan, Sammy Baugh, Dick "night train" Lane, Gene Upshaw, Mean Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, YA Tittle, Forrest Gregg, Raymond Berry, Tim Brown, Tommy Nobis, Don Maynard and the list goes on and on.....

You say "lots of guys don't hack it after college"? VY had a few good yrs and has now been cut by his 4th team where the list of players I've listed did quite well in the NFL being that almost EVERY single one of them have made the HOF.