1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

i think people are really writing off smith kind of early. I don't have any faith in the jets doing well so they might as well let him gain experience since they have such a high pick invested in him

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope.
    Tmac never went to college or won anything for his teams.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Not even close. TM had a serious career. One of the leagues best players for a long time.

One fizzled out after a quick start.

One had it going for a while, but fizzled out

But at least he got that win over the Texans!!! Woo! Just glad the NFL didnt contract the franchise after the lost to the Titans!

Look at yourself.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let what go?

You want me to let it go?

Were you on this forum back in the 2006 football season? I'm not letting that go. If you think I'm being lame, you should have seen the other side back then. Unbearable.

A lot of the backers kinda shut up or jumped on the Texans bandwagon like a bunch of losers.

If someone wrongs me, I'm not letting it go. I might wait a day, I might wait a week. Patient enough to wait 20 years.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

May you one day heal. I hope being happy for the failure of a Houston and Texas football legend makes you feel a lot better about posts made on the internet by people you don't even know.

We will all pray for you and your recovery.

#3525 Brando2101, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They should apologize and admit they were wrong.

7. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

People who aren't fans of Madison HS or UT aren't really moved by the idea of our "betrayal" in not rooting for a "Texas Legend". The Texas teams I like include the Texans who he beat on a few occasions and the High School within walking distance of where I live which he helped eliminate from the playoffs.

I don't "hate" him....but it doesn't upset me that he doesn't have an NFL gig.

I don't remember wailing and gnashing my teeth when I learned Andre Ware (who went to UH, where I went to school) couldn't cut it as a pro.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Texas Legend, 2 time pro-bowl, offensive rookie of the year and a really good record as a starter. VY had a pretty good football career, it' sad he couldn't mentally handle the big leagues. Still one of the best football players in UT history. I think he's still better than a lot of number 2 and some number 1's in the NFL. I don't think he can play up to his potential consistently.

9. Buck Turgidson

Was that your sentence?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol. I know why some of you are putting tmac in this thread.

sorry ut fans love their football and love the fact we won a national championship .
    u of h fans, maybe one day you'll win a national championship .

But it certainly wouldn't be with tmac, he never went to college.

Why are y'all so bitter? Maybe it's case Kenuum time when shaub screws up

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I never really thought of uh as a rival in academics or sports.

The Aggies yes, but I dont even think they dislike Vince.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He failed? He failed?

Nah, all he does is win!!!

Right. I'm not celebrating that. I don't really care about that.

Texans were doomed for failure. And all that other bull****. Still standing. The best part was the I'm a titans fan because they were the oilers. Yet no one wanted to admit why they were really Titan fans. There were actually a few that said why, and I totally respect that. Lame as that is, I can respect that.

I'll call out this one poster. He doesn't post here anymore. Unless he changed his name. I believe he lives in CT now. After the rose bowl game, he said something like I don't care what team drafts him, I'll go ahead and root for them. That was a girly fan boy move, but he said it.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Never happening. I don't expect that **** out them.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

NFL>NCAA
    NBA>NCAA

If you're able to skip college, you're a pretty good player.

I'm glad you're happy with him being the biggest shark in the smallest tank called the NCAA.

He was never one of the biggest sharks in the biggest tank with other big sharks, or mambas.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Unbelieveable how this has all turned out. Reggie, Vince and Mario were all supposed to be Hall of Famers. Now look at where they are:

Mario - quietly cashing checks in Buffalo (shhhhh, don't wake him up!)
    Reggie - playing on his 3rd team in 4 years
    Vince - unemployed

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

The highlight of VY's career who was supposed to revolutionize the position is an OT win against the Houston Texans. LOL.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it sure did.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He's not a Houston legend. And unless you attended his schools, there's no real connection.

19. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Yes i was and you are making it a lot worse than it was. again the texans and carr did suck so it was completely understandable. what do you want a freakin apologyp.

only you look pathetic gloating in this guy's hardships. you guys are keeping the threadalive. do you even post about the texans. They are doing well you know or ate you just stuck in the past. 2010 called it wants its i hate vince and his fans posts back

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You can't skip college to the nfl.
    Or else case keenum would have never gone to uh