1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfy4ez1YKb4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfy4ez1YKb4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have a friend here in austin that bartends at expose. he told me a few months ago VY came in that night and bought every single $1 in the building, and ( im not kidding ) turned around a threw every single one of them in the air.

i am not sure how many he said it was but i think it was around 4 thousand. sooooo i would assume he enjoys doing this. anyways he said he was a nice dude and showed me a pic he took of them together on his phone.

yaay

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I can't believe how big Vince is getting -- dude you're a pro athlete lose some weight.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-eagles-vince-young-starts-vs-new-york-giants

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick has to watch his teammates play from home.

Vick won't play when the Philadelphia Eagles visit the New York Giants on Sunday because of two broken ribs. He won't even be on the sideline because injured players typically don't make the trip.

Vince Young will make his first start for Philadelphia
    in Vick's place. He's thrown one pass this season -- an interception.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is undefeated against the Gmen.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Black Tebow...

AKA Black Jesus

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-eagles-vince-young-starts-vs-new-york-giants

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick has to watch his teammates play from home.

Vick won't play when the Philadelphia Eagles visit the New York Giants on Sunday because of two broken ribs. He won't even be on the sideline because injured players typically don't make the trip.

Vince Young will make his first start for Philadelphia in Vick's place. He's thrown one pass this season -- an interception.

8. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Vick's career record: 49-37-1 with 10 fourth-quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives in 87 starts. 718 rushing attempts, 7.2 yds per attempt, 8.3 attempts per start. 56.3 career winning %. Career completion percentage, 55.9%

Young's career record: 30-17 with 7 fourth-quarter comebacks and 12 game winning drives in 47 starts. 265 rushing attempts, 5.2 yds per attempt, 5.6 attempts per start. 63.8 career winning %. Career completion percentage, 57.9%.

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

So? Are you saying Young is as good, or better, than Vick?

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trent Dilfer: Has a Super Bowl ring.

11. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

I merely posted actual stats....and not just "oh somebody has a super bowl ring".

The guy deserves a shot. I can't totally defend some of his non-football issues, but he deserves a chance to be a starter. The Titans tried to force him to be a pocket passer, and did not try to cater to his strengths at all. Fisher benched him any chance he could. Twice in his career, Young took over a winless Titans team, and turned them around. 2006 they were 0-3 and Young took over and went 8-5. In 2007, the only season he was allowed to be the starter for the entire season, the Titans made the playoffs. In 2008, he got hurt, the team went with Collins, and they did well, so they stayed with Collins (even though, imo, that was their ceiling with Collins, a strong team but could not advance in playoffs, so why not go back to Young next season, who you also know you can make the playoffs with, but maybe, just maybe, has more potential). In 2009, the team started 0-6, Young took over, and went 8-2. But they were already in too deep a hole to even think about playoffs. To finish at .500 was amazing. In 2010, he really had his falling out with Fisher and the Titans, while not having a terrible year. He had 10 TDs passing and 3 INTs, with a 4-4 record. The Titans were 2-6 in games not started by Young.

Fisher never liked Young, and never gave him much of a chance. Now, he is just a backup? It will be hard to come in for the Eagles, not having seen meaningful minutes, much less a start, in a while. That said, I hope they give him a chance, and let him play. With so many sorry QBs out there today, it's a shame that Young is losing time on the bench.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Lets be honest here, Vick was truly a product of the Andy Reid system last year, got made by the playbook, I expect VY to come out balling

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i wish VY all the best. especially for my cowboys sake.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vince.

Make it rain.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You bolded the wrong part.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

He's gonna fail like usual.

Over/Under 3 picks this game?

1 person likes this.
  17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Now that he's not a Titan, I wish him all the best.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Same here. I hope he succeeds, and if he's still playing, I really hope he beats the Cowboys on Christmas Eve.

19. what

what Member

I think vince will be good tonight

20. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

People will always make excuses for him because he had a really good college career, and was a god at UT.

When it comes down to it Vince is just not that good. If he was, then some team would have gave him a chance to start this year. No one did, so he accepts a back up role. I remember an interview last year where he was asked if he would accept a back up role and he laughed it off like it was below him. That's the kind of attitude he has. He thinks he is the *****, but unfortunately for him no one else does but UT fans living in the past. VY was lucy enough to be on a few really good titan teams, and all he had to do was not screw it up (kind of like matt leinart now) He made his first pro bowl simply because his team won, and the hype for him coming out of college. He was given his second one, so i don't even count that.

As far as im concerned we have two options here. Either Vince just isn't that good. Or there is a big league wide conspiracy to not give him a chance and let him ride the bench. My money is on the first scenario.