1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vspan Update from Panathinaikos Paper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket G, Jun 25, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

For the ones that just don't get it- E-Pink has talent - shown when he ran circles around defending national champions Georgetown with their HOF center. If you review the tape of this game where Villanova defeated Georgetown you can't come away from it without knowing that E-Pink is a very talented player.

The "hey remember that one game" crowd are the people who don't get it - not unlike their hero when it comes to being in the NBA.

2. SmitingPurpleEm

People keep hanging on the game against the USA. They disregard the fact that in the very next game, Spanoulis shot 2/14 in an embarassing loss to Spain w/o Pau. He averaged 11 ppg on 36% shooting, 26% 3pt. For comparison, the scoring leaders were Yao at 25 ppg and Dirk at 23.1 ppg. He did not play well in the World Championship, but people seem to forget that.

Clearly Adelman thinks so much of his abilities that he signed off on trading for Mike James, which will chew up all of Spanoulis's minutes. Right now, McGrady, Rafer, James, Bonzi, Head, and probably Snyder are clearly ahead of Spanoulis in the PG/SG rotation, so he's reduced to competing with Lucas for garbage minutes, just like last year.

Trading him to Dallas for a 2nd round pick looks awfully good to me, especially if it's the 34th.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he is adament about not coming back then I agree.

But a 25 year old V-Span should be closer to being a contributor than most players picked at 34....so for the Rockets sake if they believe in V-Span, then they should keep him and get him to come in and TAKE the job from Rafer.

DD

4. Kindger

Kindger Member

Or even lose his position in national team because of that and say bye-bye to Olympics forever. It's very hard to convince some people that, outside of US, representing your country to play in Olympics is much bigger an honor/achievement than playing in NBA.

5. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

I know that this is a message board, and opinions are welcomed, but to be able to spew out dookey things like "No doubt"........man that's just irritating.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

they will only be like rookies again if they didn do anything to get better. Languished on the bench? they sucked! who gives a crap what a hodge podged team of nba guys do in international games. Give it a rest.

Just because they didn got get playing time does NOT mean they didnt gain experience or improve. thats just a false statement.

very irritating. Its fine to hope these guys do well but putting blind faith like some have i just dont get. they must be greek. :)

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

THANK YOU. I'm sick of V-Span groupies always bringing up that ONE game as a reason he will be such a great player in the NBA. News flash folks, guys like Carlos Arroyo and Šarūnas Jasikevičius have lit up the USA squad before and still haven't done anything worth a damn in the NBA. Dudes act like V-Span is the first to go off on Team USA. Wrong. Its been done before and its not really a big deal because it means jack crap in the NBA.

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Member

I like this guy! Must have read my JVG is having a negative effect on V-span thread. :D

9. denniscd

denniscd Member

and in the us game he was fouled on two 3's and banked in 2 3's...he doesnt have a good enough game yet...thats all...no coach ruined him, he has great character...its his game that needs improvement

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

I was thinking Maybe Judge Dread.