1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

vspan: NBA nearly destroyed me, but I no longer hate Van Gundy's lies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newplayer, Sep 21, 2007.

1. newplayer

newplayer Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-09-21/11433183843.shtml

21/Sep/2007, in Madrid

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Who cares, that guy is such a p***y. He whines like a little girl.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

"Novak and I regularly beat the first stringers including T-Mac and Yao."

Yet another example of how far out of touch this guy was with reality.

It's pretty clear to me now why JVG never wanted this guy in the first place. "There's too much man-to-man defense in the NBA, it nearly ruined me."

Hilarious.

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Amen. He just couldn't hack it in the NBA. Needs more time with the ball? Okay, Steve Francis. He wants to dribble dribble dribble shoot (or turn the ball over), AND he can't play man-to-man D? Does he know what a pick and roll is?

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

This is a really good translation. I read the Chinese and there wasn't that much lost in translation. Kudos to the thread starter.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well that's true I agree with VSpan. Van Gundy said that he would have been the 2nd point guard on the team if he had signed with Rockets but then VSpan didn't even play enough. VSpan thought it would be a chance for him...it wasn't

7. liangqj

liangqj Member

vspan, I agree with you.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how dare someone want a pg to be able to hit an open 3pter and... :eek: play defense.

the comedy never stops with vspan.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Translation:
    I needed to be given an Iverson role on a team featuring Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. Run plays for me that have me coming off several screens and I will score better. Also, I don't want to have to play defense against my man more than half the time. Others should do this for me.

Delusional.

Said it a million times, and I'll keep on saying it - he could have been a John Starks. Maybe there was a higher likelihood of success had he come over to play for Adelman, but there was no way you could allow him to be a primary ballhandler. He was averaging over a TO per minute. He had slashing ability, but struggled badly finishing at the rim. He was good, but not ready for NBA defenses.

Evan

10. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Hey can we stop wasting the garm with vspan garbage, clutch should start moving that stuff to the international/ college section because i frankly dont give a F#$@ about that loser. Scola is 50 times better, lets just talk about him now.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just a round peg in a square hole of a season for Billy. At the end of the day, he is no longer a Rocket, I wish him well.

And I am in agreement with Big Shot, Scola - dola baby !!

DD

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

No kiddin'. VSpan = Old and Busted. Scola = New Hotness.

13. newplayer

newplayer Member

Thank you! :)

14. AXG

AXG Member

I concur. This guy didn't do anything while he was on the team and still he is getting so many threads relating to him.

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

vspan has his faults, but his ability to run the pick and roll is not one of them. he ran it to perfection. for whatever reason, the pick and roll wasn't used much the entire year last year. i'm fairly confident that jvg said he was saving it for the playoffs because we already knew that it worked, but i dont recall it being used or being very effective if it was against the jazz. hopefully we'll see much more of it with adelman.

16. blender

blender Member

I hope this is the last interview with VSpan on this subject. I know it won't be, but I can always hope.

17. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

We should blame JVG for all this VSPAN abuse. If only JVG started Vspan over alston, he would have still been here in training camp.

18. playlife

playlife Member

yea and we could have Kevin Durant too!! JVG :mad: :mad:

19. ekim

ekim Member

"Novak and I even regularly beat the first stringers including T-mac and Yao."

What a f.ing dumb ass thats all I can say. Some of you vspan lovers should really read this line and realize he is r****ded.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

[​IMG] WOW. Since when do rookies get to dictate what type of role they want on the team and how many minutes they should get? I mean, what happened to going out and do what your coach tells you? I don't think it's that hard to spread the floor, shoot the open 3 and play REAL defense, MAN-TO-MAN defense. Especially for a Professional.

His attitude sounds like he's a proven NBA vet that is on the verge of being the next Superstar, but he's far from that. For him being a rookie, I find it that he's being very disrespectful. How many times have you heard stories like this from other rookies? Yeah, not a lot. I'm actually glad now that JVG didn't give him much time on the floor. This article basically proves that Vagina-Spam just isn't ready for the big league. Barn Ball is as far as he goes.