1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Voting For or Against?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Aug 25, 2016.

?

What is your motivation for your vote?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2016.
  1. For Hillary

30.4%
  2. For Trump

3.6%
  3. Against Hillary

14.3%
  4. Against Trump

51.8%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kudos for making the poll public, OP.

I'm voting for Hillary Clinton and a progressive Supreme Court.

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Can we have an option of Against Both?

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, me and my wife are voting for Hillary (my wife is a long-time republican, and this will be her first time not canceling out my vote). My oldest daughter is also voting for Hillary. And my youngest daughter is casting her first vote... for Hillary. Reckon we are doubling your household vote. :grin:

Don't feel too bad... my wife's mom and stepdad are extreme rightwingers and will be voting for Trump. They live in California though... go figure.

4. NewRoxFan

Is anyone else finding the humor in D&D's biggest Trump fan not voting for Trump but against Hillary? Even he can't convince himself to vote for Trump...:grin:

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

TELLING :grin:

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He didn't have the balls to come out for his candidate? Unreal. He is indeed Junior, our teenage Trump cheerleader, who can't bring himself to vote publicly for Donald "What's wrong with my hands??" Trump. With all due respect, of course.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

With the amount of liberals around here, polls like this are pointless if you want real information. They will all be skewed with a liberal bias based on the forum population. There is a lot more value to the polls for politically neutral topics, at least on this site.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That is true, the people who post here are pretty far to the left but even then, it's not wrong to suggest that few, if any, are voting FOR Trump. Those who are voting for him are doing so as a vote against Hillary. It's also true that there is a large percentage of the population simply voting against Trump.

This is a "bottom of the barrel" type election with just godawful candidates put forth by both major parties. I'm sure some liberals have fooled themselves into thinking Hillary is worth voting for, but most are just voting against Trump.....or just voting "because partisanship"

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You guys aren't voting FOR Hillary either. You are voting for the candidate with a (D) by their name. You are voting according to tribal loyalty, plain and simple.

10. NewRoxFan

I clearly said I was voting for Hillary and gave the reasons why (most experienced and level headed). I also voted for her in the primary. I would have voted for Hillary over Cruz as well, and most of the republican candidates.

I would have voted for Hillary over any of the other potential Democratic candidates. My preference would have been to vote for Obama for a third term if an amendment would have been passed to temporarily allow a third term.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's embarrassing.

12. NewRoxFan

btw, it is #telling that you haven't ponied up in the poll...

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sorry. harrisment already said its not worth messing up his poll since less than 1% of the population is voting against both.

#liberallogic

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

There is not an option available that applies to me.

When confronted with a choice between two evils, choose neither.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

Don't get worked up about politics and have been cool with Clinton, Bush and Obamas terms in the past.

If I had to pick someone I preferred over the rest it would have been towards Kasich. I don't really follow policies just seem like he was the most normal person out of everyone.

Don't really like Hillary but she at least has experience. I refuse to vote for someone who is so an unstable and clearly a nutjob like Trump. I can only imagine him making those stupid faces during the SOTU addresses.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

When actually included in the polls, Johnson has been in the 6-11% range. Source: realclearpolitics.com

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Regular people that don't live in your mom's basement.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I see, so trump has a lot of support from folks too ashamed to publicly admit it. Understandable.

I will admit I don't expect trump to put up goose eggs in the national election.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's good but as stated in the OP this thread is for those voting for H or T. Note I did not make a choice in this poll.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's still waiting for Cruz to make his big move.