1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote VAN ROWDIES!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by envus22, Jul 20, 2006.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

the $185 tix are about 10 rows worth...between the lines. imo...the best seats in the house....just ask CBrownFanClub's father. Those seats have been sold out since the Dream. I'm mean, you can get them....but you have to be high up on the upgrade waiting list. If JVG could buy those....or moreso, if the Rox resorted to giving those away to a marketing ploy (50 of them?????)...we'd be in deep doo doo as a city and a "professional sports" club.

honestly edc....the fact you thought the JVG tix were the best seats in the house is very telling....

2. heypartner

So you think JVG is a "good" person who tells half lies.

or...what was it you said..."half truths".

So in MY WORDS....JVG strikes you as a person who will tell "half lies?

yes or no.

simple question....quit dancing around this idea that he is contractually obligated to allow the rox to portray him in the media to buy tix when he didn't.

is JVG the type of person who would let a marketing dept give him credit for charity when he didn't give that full charity to the peoplee...the fans.

yes or no.

simple question.

3. edc

edc Contributing Member

I don't know what kind of person Mr. Van Gundy is, and I don't care.

The question is irrelevant though as *NOBODY*, from the bestest person on the planet to the worst damned soul tells 100% of the truth 100% of the time.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Seriously edc and R0ckets03 -- the hatred you guys have for JVG is way overboard. Please stop bombarding us in this thread with it .... by now we get it: You think it's a marketing ploy. The Director of Marketing Operations for the Rockets told you it was 100% JVG purchased, but your crusade continues.

Now please, let people discuss the name for the fan group that started before the Rockets announced JVG purchasing the tickets.

5. heypartner

okay...so that is a pretty big truth of the human race. good for you.

you answered my question....you think JVG will lie to help the rox marketing machine. Despite your ignorance about ticket prices and what tix JVG is giving away under his name, we have successfully boiled you point down to JVG is a spineless employee for the rox with no morals.

Now that you've said Rudy and JVG tell "half lies" when Les asks them to...who do you think never lies or tells half lies about the rox. On a scale of 1-10 (with David Hardisty as a 10)....who is next. Fran Blinebury? I'd expect this to be a big story. Maybe Fran is in on the conspricacy.

now that I think about it....i'm getting a headache.

6. heypartner

oops...sorry clutch....before my last post...i was in the Edit window before I saw your post. sometimes it does take 5-10 minutes to write sumpin when your cat is on your lap.

cheers.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i heard van gundy helped fake the moon landings. do we discuss that here?

is there an actual poll somewhere for the names? i'll go with van rowdies since the man himself bought them. i never imagined someone doubting this but what do you know....

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Thanks for the encouragement! I would no doubt about it go to give JVG 30 seconds of chants of DEFENSE or whatever I can think of at the time but I already RSVP'ed for my friends wedding in Austin that day.

I need some major help to get out of that:)

FYI, I just now found out I am in the original "Clutchfans Rocket Rowdies photo being advertised on the Rockets page talking about this event. That should say something about the fact that I am worthy of a non-August 26th chance to compete for a spot out of the 30 winners!

[​IMG]

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I vote for the Van Gundy TreeHuggers :) or the Leghumpers :)

[​IMG]

Van Gundy Peacemakers?

[​IMG]

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Radar Love

Rockem Sockem Rockets

The Space Station

11. BullRider

BullRider Member

what vans do toyota build b/c no way should *van* be in the name of the fan group!!!

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I still like Red Alert and Red Rowdies!

I was at the game when they first tried this out and it was great, hope they get it going full time this season

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

THE ROCKET ROCKERS

14. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

I AM! :D

15. GRENDEL

Are you really, what are you gonna do?

16. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

I don't know......help me!!!! Maybe I'll get a boob job before then and wear a thin white t-shirt and no bra.....think that will work? I kid, I kid. Seriously though...I need ideas. :D

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Tattoo a photo of TMac's face on to YOUR face! You're guaranteed the seats!

18. GRENDEL

Yeah, I think that would work for some odd reason :p

Seriously, what are they looking for? Like just nutty fans?

19. envus22

envus22 Contributing Member

I heard they want fans with energy! Enthusiastic fans - war paint, horns, drums, noise-makers.... Pretty much anything goes I heard. Just NO nudity and NO profanity.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ehhh? :confused:

I've posted once in this thread before this and I could care less about who purchased the tix. If Van Stumpy says he purchased em, then I believe him.

I just think he should be fired. :D