1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote of Confidence - Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Vote of Confidence - Would you keep or fire Daryl Morey

1. "Confident" - I'd keep Daryl Morey

297 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. "No Confidence" - I'd fire Daryl Morey

60 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Spankie

Spankie Member

This shulda been posted b4 adelman got fired. Then we'll see how much his dismissal has manipulatedon ppl and turned on Morey

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

you were guaranteed the 1st pick back then. This has Been BROUGHT UP MANY TIMES.

Look at the kings, the basically tried getting the worst record and ended up with something like t he 6th pick.

The bulls on the other hand, as rare a case as it may be ended up with 1st, don't rely on losing games in draft lotto to save your ass. Theres a reason its called the lotto.

3. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

I didn't answer the question because I thought the answer was so obvious.
    CD put the Rockets as championship contender in both years which Isiah never did. Fans were treated to exciting playoffs games...we lost to Utah in one year because of a Mario Ellie's like shot from Stockton. The next year, we got rid of Clyde and got Pippen only to lose again in the playoffs because of silly mistake by Pippen. Both years, Rockets fans were treated to great playoffs games.

With Morey, he basically quits on this team and gave the fans the FU finger.

1 person likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

every time theres a poll and its not public people bull**** it just for lulz.

Just to let a lot of people know.

And yes...I may have done this a number of times. :grin:

5. inishi

inishi Member

I agree. Firing adleman was most likely Les's decision. Seriously going to suck watching ugly basketball again. We were spoiled the last few years by ricks system.

6. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

Here's is where I am confused with your's and Morey's logic.

Adelman was doing a terrific job of REBUILDING the Rockets with young talents. He had a system working even with 30 players changing in the last 2 years. So why the NEW CHANGE? We were changing and rebuilding already with success. What's this new change that we have to steps backwards (tanking)? Why is Morey quitting on this team?

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

It's not his fault that Les wants him to cut costs while make this team a playoff/championship contender. Not to mention the fact that we couldn't have seen injuries to Tmac (mental and physical) and Yao, both our star players. What did you guys think we were going to do? Pull off a trade from the Jazz for Deron? Maybe try to lure CP3 from the Hornets? How about Carmelo from the Nuggets? If we had landed Melo, who was the most probable candidate of them all, look at him now, he's more than anything, content with getting good stats/pts and is fine with losing games. The guy doesn't have that extra motivation to close out games. The only way we're going to be able to get another franchise player is through the DRAFT/free agency.

I would seriously doubt the Rockets being able to pull off a trade for a franchise player, they only happen if the player being traded requests the trade to a specific team.

Let me ask whomever voted no, as to who y'all would want as a GM? I think he's done amazing things with what he's been given. Come on, finding AB/Landry/Patterson/Budinger with those picks? Really? Geez you guys are just turrible. Just hope we don't get Isiah Thomas..

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

darryl isn't stupid enough to go off firing rick. it was the tension between him and les. probably called les out for his cheap ass owner ship.

My problem with morey is just how he conducts business.

9. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

Because despite over 30 different guys being brought in over the last 2 years and the Rockets having alot of room for improvement, Adelman still stuck with his small core of guys that he liked, rather than being more open to the guys Morey wanted to bring in. He hasn't explicity stated it in any interviews, but if you read between the lines, it's pretty clear that Morey didn't fully agree with Adelman's rotations and also may have been shot down by Adelman on some trades Morey wanted to make. Morey felt he didn't have the freedom to shape the roster the way he wanted to due to philisophical differences between he and Adelman, they tried to talk and get on the same page but apparently couldn't agree on a direction, and since it's a bad idea to have a GM-coach relationship where they don't agree and since Morey isn't going to fire himself, the only option was to part ways.

And Morey has come out and explicitly said WE WILL NOT MAKE OURSELVES TERRIBLE AND TANK FOR A HIGH DRAFT PICK!!!!! He plans on continuing to tinker until until he feels he has a core that can contend and he has explicitly said he still plans on doing this via trade rather than through tanking for a draft pick or through free agency.

So please stop saying he's quitting on the team and we're tanking to get better, it's complete BS. He's changing the team, not quitting on it. There's a huge difference.

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He's more than likely wanting to head in a different direction because he obviously doesn't believe we'd be able to win it all with our current roster. I wouldn't say we have a franchise player we could build around currently so I'm all for trying new methods to acquiring that franchise player. I was hoping Yao would be integrated back and be the beast that he once was but the chances of that happening are more like the odds of winning the lottery, we won't know if we try but should we try?

Adelman did do a great job but he still wants to win NOW, he's not going to coach through a couple more mediocre seasons, he's nearly 65 last I checked and this team's going nowhere fast.

11. tracymac

tracymac Member

"In Morey we Trust" has been my motto the whole time he's been here. But the decision to not retain Adelman in inexcusable. What Coach is out there that could possibly do a better job? And I disagree with people claiming we're multiple pieces away from contending. We're not. We're one superstar and a couple roster tweaks away.

If there was a "not yet decided" option, I would have picked that. Since there isn't, I vote for firing both Morey and Les Alexander (I wish this was possible).

I know I'm knee jerking...

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I would have liked another option. I believe Morey is attempting to make the right moves, he's made some good ones, but the jury is still out IMO.

Right now I have confidence in him, but I'm worried that he won't get it done. I like that Morey is so accessible to the media and fans, but I also believe he needs to start choosing his words a little differently. I think players are starting to take notice on the way he does business and it could possibly end up keeping players from signing, just an opinion of course.

So, confidence is a little strong for me, no way I'd fire him at this point.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This poll should be public. I'm in the HELL YES camp.

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I wasnt going to vote until I saw that I needed to...smh

Oh well, no since in debating ignorance....goodnight/goodmorning

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

A lot of posters here don't know how to run a b-ball franchise, that's for sure. "We don't hAZ no Superstar! Rick HOF! DM sucks!!!" :rolleyes:

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why don't you listen to DM's podcast first? Celtics turned over 30 guys over the last 2 years as well. Oh yeah, great instability there :rolleyes:

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

true, but their core stayed intact. And their core is one of the strongest in the league

piece
    allen
    garnett
    rondo

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly! Our core isn't sufficient, which why you're seeing a lot of turnover because DM is trying to get guys we can build around. It should be a good thing, not another thing to go off for Morey for.

And let's be honest here: almost all of the roster turnover the last two years were upgrades. Oh yeah, Adelman went from having to coach Trevor Ariza to Courtney Lee. Big sacrifice on his part there :rolleyes:

19. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

I didn't say 30 guys turnover is a problem. We can argue that some of those trades were questionable, like getting TWon't and Thabust. Please read.

What I said was that Morey was already making major changes to the roster. He was changing and rebuilding the Rockets already, AND Adelman did a great job with incorporating most of those changes.

Is Morey not happy with his own trades? Apparently, yes, because he is quitting on this team.

He wants new change, which basically hide all his previous changes and blame Adelman for not making his trades a huge success.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Back when this was on page 2 I personally voted "no" about 25 times. And I thoroughly enjoyed all of the posts complaining about the "ignorance of the board". Petty entertainment, but entertainment nonetheless.