1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote of Confidence - Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Vote of Confidence - Would you keep or fire Daryl Morey

1. "Confident" - I'd keep Daryl Morey

297 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. "No Confidence" - I'd fire Daryl Morey

60 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

Looks like you only focus on the positives and not look at the negatives like some of us. We apparently saw TMac quit on the Rockets in GAME 7 when it really counted and saw a familiar pattern in TMac. It was just a few locals, but the national media.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm sorry I forgot the other fillers in the trade but bottom line is that the trade was done because that was the best trade Morey could have gotten for McGrady. For the nth time, I would love it if you could bring up any article/evidence that can support your argument that Morey "ate McGrady's contract" and, ergo, lost out on some great opportunity other than Rip/Prince or Carter.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

We did not give up a first round pick get ur facts straight

4. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I'll remain pensive about DM for now. While i do think his relatively more technical approach to hoops is intriguing, this round of head coach hiring will either make him or break him. There were the unfortunate Yao and T-Mac incidents for the FO to ultimately place the blame on.

As for the people placing the blame solely on DM, LA has the final say-so albeit with DM's input. I'll give DM the benefit-of-the-doubt and say that circumstances prevented the vision of RA's hiring to come into fruition.

This coming year, or 2 barring a lock out, FO has to show that their plans are progressing. There won't be anyone else to blame given the young roster, no past promises to bank on, and nobody being untouchable. They have a clean slate along with a workable capspace going forward. The Rox are also heading towards, what's shaping up to be, the loaded 2012 draft and the 2012 FA race. No more excuses. Everything will now lie at FO's ability to shake things up for a promising future to make us to be competitive.

I've been a fan of the Rox for 20+ seasons but i'm no fool for bad management. I'll bite my tongue for now and say I could be wrong about my feeling on the RA firing and look forward to next season.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Okay so you're saying that the Rockets should have moved him after "Game 7" for better pieces than Martin/picks but, at the same time, "the national media" saw the same quitter that many of us saw....so how is it that Morey should have gotten top dollar/value for McGrady again? You can't say "Morey should have traded McGrady sooner instead of eating up his contract" and then say "McGrady quit on his team...THE NATIONAL MEDIA saw it as well!!". It's a bit hard to trade a player making $20+ million a year who has a quitter's mentality--much less get HIGH value in return-- don't you think

6. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

I am in total agreement with you there. So why the change of direction from Morey. We basically got 43 wins from this core...7 wins away from the magic 50 wins...and Morey is going to fired a great coach to get a coach who is willing to play TWon't and Thabust and totally mess up the core (tanking). You don't improve by adding unproven players to a winning core...you add proven players. Our offense was rolling and defense was getting a lot better....why force a coach to play Twon't and Thabust.

7. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

We did not get Martin/picks for TMac. That's a false statement. AGAIN, we gave up Dorsey/Landry and had to take a huge bloated contract of Jarid Jeffries. That's not a value trade. If you believe that a great trade, then we don't see eye to eye on values.

8. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

Correction: Dorsey was a 33rd/second round pick.

9. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

The same reason why Rockets got him in the first place...so sell tickets and make money.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Bingo!

11. Jimes

Jimes Member

This is the exact opposite of my thoughts. 100% behind him before Rick left. Now, it's still obvious he's a great GM to me (I voted yes), but the honeymoon period is over. If I can't get attached to any of the players or coaches, and it doesn't matter what the players think at all cause everyone's just an asset, then it's forcing me to feel more like a stockholder than a fan. Results better be forthcoming.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Closer than I thought

Rocket River

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

^^ This is exactly how I am feeling now.