1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote: Game 5. Hero ball, or refs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, May 9, 2017.

?

The BIGGEST reason for the game 5 loss was....

1. Hero Ball

102 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Suspicious Officiating

24 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. 7 Man Rotation

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. The Spurs Are Such Excellent Gentlemen Floppers

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If a player can "bend" the rules in a game when rules aren't really "bendable" than it means the NBA has an officiating problem, not that pop is a genius.

I mean, I don't think anyone would call draymond green a genius, but he invented the nut kick that's never called.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There's no doubt the refs have taken away some calls this series.

That said, we were probably getting too many cheap calls during the regular season.

It's the playoffs, not exactly a surprise.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

HARDEN lost the game plain and simple, he was trying to take shots while bricking them, the only two time in overtime we run a drive and kick, we hit two 3s by beverly and anderson, Harden is 0-5 for ISO 3s, you have to learn to trust the system you have been playing all year long, not trying to win the game by yourself

charlieaustin likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So let me get this straight . . . . . .
    Harden drives and gets horrible offensive foul call
    So . . . the Refs have effectively eliminated Harden's ability to drive
    He controled harden by playing a player that the REFS allowed to bend the rules

With the REFS on your side. . . everyone can be a genius

Rocket River

napalm06 likes this.
  5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

1. Harden Hero-Ball nonsense.
    2. Harden Hero-Ball shenanigans.
    3. Trash officiating... we did benefit from some calls but that charge call at the end of the 4th was absolute BS.
    4. Gordon and Lou having poor games. Lou was ice cold from 3. They need to step in and facilitate when Harden is gassed and/or pulling a Westbrook.
    5. Not executing the pick and roll.
    6. Not taking advantages of the switched out players after a pick.
    7. Getting murdered on offensive rebounds. There was one possession where I think they had 3 offensive rebounds in a row.
    8. Need better player rotations.

6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

We are still a piece or two away from being relevant. I like Harden. He is a special talent. As for the playoffs. He is yet to have that legacy building moment. Gassed or not. 7 man rotation or not. The Jordan's, Kobe's and Lebron's find a special zone. Does Harden have that? Times a ticking to find out.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I didn't realize it until now; I don't want to blame the refs for the general flow of he game, but that Simmons flop call was the true pivotal moment of the game.

The refs usually don't call phantom contact in the last minute of regular season games, much less pivotal playoff games. Absolutely maddening. Harden hitched his shot due to the whistle and Bev was crashing for that short rebound. :( :( :( :( :(

Without that 110% BS call, we don't have to be subjected to 5 more minutes of Harden hero ball meltdown.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think he does, but it will only come via his rim finishing abilities or step back two abilities. But he goes full r****d and shoots a three at the end of 23 seconds of dribbling in one spot. Why.................

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

James is what he is....the loss of NENE was telling. Imagine him in there in overtime. Yes JH dribbled too damn much again....and so it goes. Thursday night is not gonna be a close out...go rockets !
    please ?

napalm06 likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Pop is a genius for letting Simmons, a nobody to put on Harden. And putting LaMarcus on Harden, they are telling Harden to shoot outside, or come inside and get baited my a guy that I never knew existed in Simmons. Remember another nobody baited Harden in getting Nene kicked out of a game. Pop knows game well because one of Harden's flaw is his beloved shooting like a Terminator and late-game non-passing skills. I love Harden, but mentally he has been played by Spurs.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't have been close enough for OT to even be a possibility....atrocious keep it close policy.

j@amc and napalm06 like this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Exactly, the refs did everything they could to keep them close, but we blew the lead ourselves with our stagnant offense and short rotation in an OT game.

j@amc likes this.
  13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Everytime he jacked a last second three after letting the air out of the ball I got more and more infuriated. Reminds me of a term Vernon Maxwell used a long time ago. Hero or Zero. Sometimes I think James just says f*ck it when things are going badly. Like Gordon and Lou not being able to hit the ocean from the beach. He just goes to his happy place and forgets about basketball.