1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VOODOO Festival Halloween Night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nickb492, Oct 23, 2009.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Member

Ok so I was so excited to see the Rocket's opener this year and even though it is going to be on Halloween (my favorite holiday) I was totally down to go. Today I get a call from my brother saying he has an extra ticket to the Voodoo Festival for Halloween night. For everybody that doesn't know the Voodoo Festival is a three day festival in New Orleans with bands varying from genre to genre. Needless to say I can't pass up this offer. I'm aware of the headliners and almost in shock that I'm going to see George Clinton and Kiss in the same night, but would like to ask which out of the other bands put on good stage shows?

Headliners

KISS
    JANE'S ADDICTION
    GOGOL BORDELLO
    WOLFMOTHER
    BLACK LIPS
    MUTEMATH
    George clinton and parliament funkadelic

Rest
    jello biafra and the guantanamo school of medicine / drive-by truckers / morning 40 federation reunion / DOWN / MATES OF STATE / AMERICAN BANG / New Orleans bingo! show / Big Sam's Funky Nation / rotary downs / walter "wolfman" washington and the roadmaster with dirty horns / k'naan / new orleans klezmer all-stars /sarah quintana / dan dyer / Sam & Ruby / leroy jones band / dj soul sister / andrew duhon and the lonesome crows / Noisician coalition / March fourth marching band / roots of music / mas mamones / zydepunks / as tall as lions / nicholas megalis / the white b**** / brother taisuke mass choir / davis rogan / from legends to nancy / Hugo / Big Don /

2. leroy

leroy Member

I'm not too sure Clinton sings anything any more. He's had voice problems for years. If so, expect an awesome show. Every time I've seem him, it's been epic. Other's I'd see...

Mute Math
    Jane's Addiction
    Drive by Truckers
    Big Sam's Funky Nation
    March fourth marching band (a friend of mine's son is in this band...it really is a marching band)
    Dan Dyer
    Walter "Wolfman" Washington

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I too will be out there in NOLA missing the home opener... I'm not totally sure of who's playing which days but I'm excited to see lenny kravitz, jane's addiction, the flaming lips, and several others. From what I hear this is a big show, so I have high hopes that it'll be worth skipping game 1 of 41.

4. across110thstreet

5. Convictedstupid

As Tall As Lions is good as well.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

I hear Wolfmother is good live.

7. nickb492

nickb492 Member

Yeah I've seen them play in Austin and was really impressed. I really looking forward to see KISS. I remember seeing them when I was like 11 and then again when I was like 14 for there farewell tour. That was in 2004 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Farewell my ass. Have never really been to a festival this caliber except Ozzfest so kinda don't know what to expect.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

pretty sure widespread panic is playing the last night there... i would not miss a voodoo fest panic set in nola

9. leroy

leroy Member

Nothing like a 45 minute Halloween percussion solo.

10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

day one was pretty good once the rain went away.

eminem+d12 was surprisingly entertaining, and there were some other bands that i was really impressed by. let's see what today holds.