1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

This is just straight up ridiculous. Yes, Battier has been terrible on offense this year - there is no denying that. But to say that Wafer's defense is in the same leauge as Battier's is just ridiculous. To say Battier is a liability on both ends of the court is just ignorant. Wafer has been clutch - on offense. But, you're making my original point - I don't think you pay attention to anything but offense. But, don't worry - you are like most of the people here. You determine who should play solely on points scored. Defense wins championships.

2. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Barry is the guy who should not be playing. His defense is horrible and not because he isn't trying. He is just too slow to guard even SFs at this point. Wafer at least has the potential to guard the 1-3 positions if given the playing time to figure out the rotations. Barry can space the floor and deliver a nice pass every once in a while, but Wafer is much more of a complete threat on offense.

If we want to reach maximum potential come playoff time, Wafer needs to play now. Barry as a veteran can step in at any point and provide what he is giving us now.

3. TheRocketShow24

Von Wafer himself said that his defense is what needs work in an interview with NBA TV after the Nuggets-Rockets game on MLK day.

Barry is capable of playing defense, and I think it's quite obvious that Barry's IQ is much higher than Wafer's. Wafer has the athletic advantage while Barry has the IQ.

It's just like picking Scola or Landry. IQ or Athletic ability.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It's ridiculous how low the standards have gotten for what people like Hayesfan and SpiffyRiffi consider to be solid contributions from Battier. Hey as long as he runs back on a fast break and the other team misses a layup -that's all we need from him. People like that always fall back on the so-called injury excuse from a routine procedure he had in May of 2008 as well. Bottom line he doesn't need to be playing 30 mpg unless he's being showcased for a trade. He shouldn't play any more than 20 mpg, because he's hurting this team out there. The remaining mins should go to Wafer.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Stop thinking immediately. :rolleyes:

6. TheRocketShow24

I believe a current Wafer is better than a CURRENT T-Mac. I know in the playoffs, T-Mac will and should be valuable and used a lot. All I can say right now is Wafer should be starting and playing. T-Mac should not be playing in games if he is not 100%. I don't know why he pushes himself to play games, but he doesn't push himself in practice and off the basketball court.

7. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

i don't think so man

8. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

McLady's - next question.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Although I'd like Wafer to see more time, let's not get carried away. I'm thinking he should get about 15 mins or so a game, instead of the 10 that he's getting. Let's not pretend that other teams worry about Wafer. As poorly as McGrady has been this year compared to previous, teams still plan for him. They try to deny him the ball still.

Anyway, just as someone else said, I'd love to see him get more minutes, but whose minutes would he take? There just aren't any left really.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Shane's...

11. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

LOLOL I've never seen a legit player in the NBA be titled as a journey man :rolleyes:
    how many times has this guy played on to be legit?? hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's hate.

Why wouldn't he get minutes judging what he has or in his case hasn't done in the past? Obviously he has found his niche with us and is scoring in bunches. We understand he has trouble on D, but who doesn't? My point is he is becoming one of our most tenacious and enrgetic players.

I def. think he needs more PT. Like I said earlier Shane sittin on pine for some minutes would work for me.

13. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

That's not hate. That's just speaking the truth. If he was so legit why has he been bounced around from team to team. Also he is a wing player and we have 3 other wing players better than him. All these people talking about play Wafer over McGrady blah blah blah THAT'S HATE. They need to learn basketball.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The truth is Wafer has been playin way better than Tracy, Ron, and Shane. And just cause you label him a journey man after bein in the league for 3 seasons is ridiculous. He has paid his dues and now we are seein his talent everytime he touches the floor. But obviously you're not listening/reading so there's no point.

15. TheRocketShow24

You're telling me to stop thinking? :rolleyes:

16. TheRocketShow24

You're telling me to stop thinking? :D