1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Von wafer needs more minutes. Tonight was a joke i thought. he should be at least getting as much minutes as brooks and landry. what do you think?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think adelman sees that for his team to develop a better chemistry and rhythm, the best players are going to see more time. so expect tracy, artest, yao to play a lot more often.

wafer's just the odd man out b/c he plays SG. it's unfortunate but i think he sees that tracy and ron need more time for them to get their rhythm.

3. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Wafer plays a different position as Brooks and Landry. As long as we won like this, I don't care who plays!!!

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Only 5 players allowed on the court at once, and there's only 48 minutes in a game.

If you think Von should get more minutes, then tell us who's minutes you think he should take away.

5. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

he should get a little more.

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

If we were losing and he was getting no clock I would be pissed.. but we won so i'm ok with it even though I think he deserves some time.

7. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Coach might save him for more important games, it's not like Von doen't have any holes in his game, his lack of defense for instance

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

5 minutes for a legit player like him is ridiculous.

I really hope Adelman lets the guy get more PT.

9. Mr.TripleDouble

I don't think Grady & Battier need to play 38 & 33 minutes, respectively.

Von should be the backup 2 IMO, with Barry getting spot minutes every so often.

10. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think he should expect or have a set amount of minutes to play, but i think he definitely deserves to play more than garbage time and should play every game, even if just a few minutes.

Unfortunately for him, this team is very deep at the 2, 3, and 4 spots. You could play wafer at the 2, tmac at the 3, and ron at 4 at times, but then you take away minutes from efficient guys like scola and landry. You pretty much lose something valuable anywhere you try to plug him in.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His minutes will vary from game to game, but I do expect and hope for more time soon. He remains our most consistent driver to the basket.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

BUT, perhaps Tmac could cut back his minutes, that way he can go full speed when he is out there. Today he came out giving 100%, but eventually he has to tone it down and he sort of gets lost in the game. I'd rather have wafer in there those minutes instead of tmac coasting.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I'm cool with that as long as we won games and do not lose to Scrubs!Von is so efficient too,only four more mins he got but still can contribute on the offensive end!

I bet he'll get his PT as soon as we form our chemistry.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He needs to get most of Battier's mins unless they're showcasing Shane for a trade.

16. allforone

allforone Member

he'd be our go-to guy (half way till the end of 2nd quarter, around the end of 3rd quarter till half way of 4th quarter) and he deserves even more than that

i know he isn't all around like t-mac , but in terms of shooting and attacking the rim, he is legit

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

someone is going to get dealt by the deadline. Barry not playing at all, Von playing 5 mins, Luther not playing at all. Something has to happen.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i like wafer as much as anyone but he didn't contribute any defense when they checked him in in the first half. shane was invaluable defensively tonight no matter what kwame the broken record may tell you.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

um u make it like teams actually game plan for wafer. if tracy or ron sees the defense wafer sees, they'd be destroying.

20. Rock It

Rock It Member

i have nothing but respect for this wafer. He comes in at the end and shows intensity like the game is tied come on rockets let this guy play more mins. He is young and talented and is much deserving.