1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer > Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Jan 13, 2009.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wafer and Mcgrady should exchange their paychecks.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

[​IMG]

3. thunder03

thunder03 Member

keep it up Wafer, he will be a very good player in the league, maybe not All star level, but a very good one

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

what i like about wafer is even the games he was not shooting great, he still contributed with defense and did things that changed the game, he has been consistently good all season so people can't say "oh he's just hot or streaky now" even if he is hot as i said, he has been consistently good all year, I think him and Aaron brooks are the real deal, they aren't super stars but they are 2 guys that will be very good players that many teams will be persuing in the future.

5. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

this has to be the rotation that makes the rockets deep

Hopefully they have this lineup the last 30-35 games of the season

Yao
    Scola
    T-mac
    Battier
    Alston (Damn it)

Bench

Artest
    Landry
    Brooks
    Wafer

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you want to fix the problems at PG...here ya go...assuming everyone is healthy and well "conditioned"

C - Yao
    PF - Scola
    SF - Battier
    SG - Wafer
    PG - Tmac

Battier or Wafer guards the other team's PG...Tmac takes the easiest out of PG/SG/SF....

Main Bench

Artest
    Brooks
    Landry
    Barry
    Alston

Situational players
    Hayes
    Deke
    Luther
    Dorsey

That team could compete.

DD

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Wafer is playing much much better than TMac. With TMac instead of Wafer (perhaps even TMac of last year) we lose big against the Lakers and probably also lose to the Celtic.

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Hopefully Tracy can come back with the same amount of passion and heart as wafer, if he does we will be deadly with wafer coming off the bench to give T-mac a break. Brooks is struggling with his shot and we miss that right now. I think thats why we saw alston in there at the end of the lakers game, anyway i like the way we look right now the game is more fast paced and the plays just look smooth and easy.

9. HipHopSince1981

Nice comparison. The kid just has it.. hops, quickness, a decent jumper, and a brain to go with all that talent... keep it up, vakeaton

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Dream on. TSlack has *never* had that amount of passion and heart.

11. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I personally don't like t-mac handeling the rock. He doesn't push the ball and the offense doesn't move smoothly with him running it. Everything looks tough to get.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Yeah you may be right but i can always DREAM (T-MAC the greatest of all time)

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ok, how about this then?

PG - Brooks
    SG - Wafer
    SF - Tmac
    PF - Scola
    C - Yao

But then I think you are weaker on defense as Tmac is lazy there, and Wafer is inexperienced, and Brooks is undersized.

DD

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'd take the guy who would give me a good attitude and 100% effort. Sometimes guys that work hard and go all out will take you further than a former all-star that wants to just get by on his reputation. In other words hard work beats out talent if the talent has no direction.

At this point Von Wafer is definitely more than Tracy, he's playing with passion and leaving it all on the table, something Tracy hasn't done in a long time.

15. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

negative, the offense actually always get easy buckets when T-mac drives and dishes out. The only reason that u feel the offense gets stagnant is because he always take those 20 foot jumpers with 20 second on the shot clock. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well said sir......Wafer is certainly a LOT more efficient than Tmac this year.

Look at his numbers for the year incredible.

So does Rafer, and I would rather have Tmac doing that.

DD

17. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Kobe will get his next 82 pts game on us with this lineup

18. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Yeah I watched the game last night. He had a slick pass to brent barry on the open court. It's not god awful, but it's not at t-mac's level either.

Granted he only had 2 TOs (I thought I counted more but thats whats on the box score), he still isn't an able passer as tmac.

As an able scorer, hell yes he's a stud. As a passer that can get others going like t-mac can, nah.

If you're comparing him to tmac NOW, then you're comparing him to a hurt t-whack. If you're comparing him to what t-mac can be if healthy come on...that's no question!

I will say this, Von wafer is a blessing to our team. He's really lifted us. But t-mac has given us alot of success (in the regular season). Give this kid a few more games and have coachs actually plan around him, and we'll see how he turns out. Hopefully by then, tmac will be healthy and follow wafer's example.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What else is there to compare him too, this is all there is right now.

I don't care what Tmac did in the past, he is getting paid to perform THIS year...and he just isn't.

Wafer is playing better than Tmac right now....personally, I hope we get to see them play together.

I would not take Wafer out of the starting lineup, he has earned a spot.

DD

20. kevtse

kevtse Member

1 star thread. You can't compare Tmac to Wafer. Wafer is way better than Tmac, no doubt.