1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Oct 4, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper Member

Does anyone give this guy a shot at making the team?

He's a tall pg at 6'5" and has had great success in the D-league but has not done much in the pros. With the trade of Bobby Jackson, we have become fairly thin at the pg position. I think he's more of a natural pg than Strawberry, IMO. Should be interesting....

2. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I thought he was a sg???

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this guy has little to no chance of making the roster. in case of serious injury he has a chance of being given a 10 day contract.

4. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

We are talkin about the same one that Kirk Snyder Posterized? i hope he learned his lesson and starts to bruce bowen leapers

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9TA4-0JRaM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9TA4-0JRaM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

rather see marcus campbell make the team then him.

7. SMUSMU

SMUSMU Member

Maybe we should get Kirk Snyder on the team.........

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

maybe kirk snyder should have done that when he was with us, damn itttttt

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

with 2 spots and 4 players to compete for those 2 roster spots......I really cant list 2 candidates that are sure to be in on opening night roster.

Ron is a Chron article yesterday said "Von is playing excellent, DJ is playing good".. "Von playing excellent" isn't a statement thats easy to ignore, coming out of any legit NBA player's mouth.

He got drafted by the Lakers due to his potential, but doesn't play much defense.

He is a SG!

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Looks like Marcus Campbell isn't likely to make the roster.

Would love to see Derrick Byars given a shot by the Rockets...he suits the Adelman system perfectly.

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

today at the open practice this guy was windmill dunking and dropping dimes from 3 point land. i honestly see a TON of potential in von wafer..

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how do you know? Did you go watch at Toyota Centre or something?

But its great to hear Von doing so well. I really like this guy. I think he's a genuine talent. I mean an average talent wouldn't be normally drafted by Lakers.

Would love to see this guy make the squad!

13. opticon

opticon Member

I was at the practice today right behind the goal opposite the rowdies. He looked pretty good. I was impressed with dj strawberry he has alot more size then I thought

14. Convictedstupid

Who was the guy on the silver team without a name on the back of his jersey where he never passed and didnt make too many shots?

Though he shot like 1000 times...

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

lol.. what?

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uhh.....what?

looks like you don't know enough to know what I'm talking about.

The dude was drafted by Lakers back in 05'.

and we all know how deep the 05' draft was

lol...

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Quoted from a ESPN Truehoop entry about Von Wafer:

Bottom Line: Von is a serious talent. But kind of like Gerald Greene though, as not as much physical gifts.

I like the guy.

18. Albert Einstain

Our pg may be less thin if we treat brent barry as a pg, and more importantly, tracy macgrady may make our pg position even fat with his big bottom. tmac can be a great pg like magic johnson who also has a big body weight, as that " tmac is comtemporary magic"

what's more, vafer is not able to get over 6 minutes pergame even if sf3 got injuries again. adelmam would rather let head share the time with sf3 and rafer than a guy whose name is barely mentioned around the league. Sf3 is strong enough and barry is not thin either. I even consider athoney johoson is more capable than vafer even though johoson is a mav now.

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Who's Derrick Byars? Is he in the Rockets training camp?

20. worzel gummidge

Wafer scored 42pts in a SL game last year but did nothing of note in the following NBA season. Basically did a John Lucas III when he got his Rockets contract.