1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Saw this thread bumped; has he dropped out yet?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fixed for all the Trump "fans" and voters for the party he still owns. ;)

4. dmoneybangbang

Lol…. So you think being “super smart” automatically translates to managing people and getting stuff done?

I can only assume you a GOP voter since you dismiss how government actually functions. Is Vivek going to blame the “deep state” like Trump because he is an ******* and no one wants to listen to him?

5. dmoneybangbang

It’s not a necessity, just that the private sector is a lot different.

A majority of Americans also believe in angels.. Stewart or Cuban would most likely not be good presidents.

It’s far more easy to criticize and give solutions when you have no accountability.

6. dmoneybangbang

Just going to bump this comment because I feel like it is spot on:

JuanValdez likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Governing is a profession and there is stuff you should know. Electing an amateur to be president would be like hiring a doctor to be CEO of your bank. He might be smart but that doesn't mean he knows anything about banking. Staff can help a little. Obama did alright with a government resume that was a little thin, but I think the Biden Admin demonstrates the benefit of experience.

2. It tells you something about where the candidate's head is at. Does he really want to serve, or is he just in it for the ego stroke? Will he work hard or does he take it cuz it's there?

In general, I don't want any candidate that is doing it because he thinks he is hot stuff. There are literally millions of smart and high achieving people in this country. But if you really want to serve, if you really want to be in government more than the 8 years to pretend your legacy will outlive you, start with the House or something. Going to the top is what a jackass would do looking to get his own benefit at the country's expense. So yeah, experience in office is a requirement.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. dmoneybangbang

Globalist going to globalize….

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Politics is about the only field where experience is considered a detriment.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Garbage take from a garbage candidate.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I strongly disagree with him on that one.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why is this guy even on news circuits?

Just being wealthy is a qualification to discuss national policy issues today.

Sign of a oligarchy rather than a merit based society.

This dude organized capital. That seems to be the biggest one qualification for people in power to accept others in the same circle but we know from decades now that specific skill has no bearing on how to manage an actual society.

#154 fchowd0311, Jun 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Man, it is so easy to ask other people to give up part of their country...what a great idea! He must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. Invisible Fan

A realistic answer no one wants to hear would be to give Putin Crimea and some/none reduced annexed territories with the forced expulsion of Russian nationals from the entirety of Ukraine. Putin would have to pay for reparations and rebuilding costs. Russian Ukranians are deeply embedded in the wealthier parts of Ukraine so it might take the heavy risk of reprisals and ethnic cleansing to get that far...

The main goal for us would be to redirect forever war resources and stockpiles to the China situation in the Pacific.

Ofc, this isn't a permanent solution, but permanently draining Russia while our other enemies profit isn't one either. The remaining outcome of full Russian capitulation doesn't sound realistic either. Even if it were, the US and her allies are heavily against using their weaponry to destabilize Russia proper because they know the likelihood of Russians using/exporting nukes is proportionate to their chances of total failure.

Ukraine is inside the meat grinder. While I don't expect them to eat a total loss, I'm not sure if losing a generation or two to a forever war against a nuclear power will produce their best long term outcome either.

Then again, if I were a legit candidate, I wouldn't broadcast this either. Like the Afghani's, they're looking to wait us out. I'd probably give a tough message with some hidden loopholes.

#157 Invisible Fan, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree that Ukraine realistically probably needs to be open to some compromises to negotiate an end to this war. But the US doesn't need to be making those compromises for them. Don't know what Ramaswamy is thinking when he presumes on a peace deal that Ukraine would reject. Looks as pro-putin as trump.

19. Invisible Fan

Yep. Just edited original message that I wouldn't broadcast this as a candidate either. Like the Afghanis, they're looking to wait us out.

I'd probably give a tough message with some hidden loopholes, and if pressed further redirect that Russia started it and is fully capable of ending it as well.

20. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. Listened to this guy speak about his platform…..

More nothing answers that is relying on nostalgia and bat **** crazy religious views. Plenty of hard times in American history before teh gayz were allowed to come out of the closet.

Essentially this is what conservatism has become… a lust for a past that didn’t exist as they thought it did. This leads to the pious entitlement which just increases Christian extremists.

fchowd0311 likes this.