1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Wokes hate science
    And Indian people who passed science class
    AP class
    @rocketsjudoka

Jontro likes this.
  2. astros123

astros123 Member

Mehdi ate his ass. Absolutely destroyed him. Imagine if we had more reporters like this. This is what the media needs.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

There have been people from his circle saying that this is an act. He’s a libertarian. He’s just a smart guy that found a population he could play so he’s putting on a performance.

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Just my opinion, but tweets like this are false and misleading and simply gaslighting to the base............the guy is smart but tweets like this are just plain politics. The interview with Mehdi was another example of typical politics, answer the question you want the base to hear not the actual question the interviewer asks, and he looks like he simply wasn't going to say anything bad about his greatest president to ever live mentor. It's ironic that he stump's on the "truth"..........I guess he`s just your typical politician at this point.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe this is largely a correct assessment. At the same time, it seems to show he could be a successful politician. They all pander, and say things for tactical reasons.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Any smart person (business person or politician) who has gone through any kind of media training will do it that way (unfortunately for us viewers).

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Member

https://apnews.com/article/records-rebut-claims-jan-6-rioters-55adf4d46aff57b91af2fdd3345dace8

Records rebut claims of unequal treatment of Jan. 6 rioters
    It’s a common refrain from some of those charged in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol and their Republican allies: The Justice Department is treating them harshly because of their political views while those arrested during last year’s protests over racial injustice were given leniency.

Court records tell a different story.

An Associated Press review of court documents in more than 300 federal cases stemming from the protests sparked by George Floyd’s death last year shows that dozens of people charged have been convicted of serious crimes and sent to prison.

The AP found that more than 120 defendants across the United States have pleaded guilty or were convicted at trial of federal crimes including rioting, arson and conspiracy. More than 70 defendants who’ve been sentenced so far have gotten an average of about 27 months behind bars. At least 10 received prison terms of five years or more.

The dissonance between the rhetoric of Capitol rioters and their supporters and the record established by courts highlights both the racial tension inherent in their arguments — the pro-Donald Trump rioters were largely white and last summer’s protesters were more diverse — and the flawed assessment at the heart of their claims.

“The property damage or accusations of arson and looting from last year, those were serious and they were dealt with seriously, but they weren’t an attack on the very core constitutional processes that we rely on in a democracy, nor were they an attack on the United States Congress,” said Kent Greenfield, a professor at Boston College Law School.

To be sure, some defendants have received lenient deals.

At least 19 who have been sentenced across the country got no prison time or time served, according to the AP’s review. Many pleaded guilty to lower-level offenses, such as misdemeanor assault, but some were convicted of more serious charges, including civil disorder.

10. jo mama

jo mama Member

right wingers are the only ones calling for a "two-tiered justice system". they dont want insurrectionists who tried to overthrow our government to be held accountable.

most of us normal people are glad that BLM rioters who broke the law were punished and are also glad that the trump insurrectionists are being held accountable too.

whats crazy is that if you look at one of the most infamous incidents of the BLM protests, burning down that police station in minneapolis, it was actually a far-right extremist from texas who did it. and it was a far right extremist who shot and killed a cop in oakland. and to this day you will still see right wingers citing those two incidents as of examples of BLM/antifa doing bad things.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-boi-minneapolis-police-building-george-floyd
    ‘Boogaloo Boi’ charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building

Video shot that night shows a person later identified as Hunter firing 13 rounds from a semiautomatic assault-style rifle on the 3rd precinct police station while people believed to be looters were inside. He then high-fived another person and shouted, “Justice for Floyd!” according to the complaint.

Later, he privately messaged Steven Carrillo, another alleged “Boogaloo Boi” in California, urging him to “go for police buildings”, according to the federal criminal complaint.

“I did better, lol,” Carrillo allegedly replied.

Hours before Carrillo sent that message, according to the complaint, federal prosecutors say Carrillo had driven to Oakland with an accomplice, and, as protesters were demonstrating blocks away, shot two officers guarding a federal courthouse in downtown Oakland, killing one, David Patrick Underwood.

Carrillo was later charged with killing another law enforcement officer, a Santa Cruz sheriff’s deputy, in an ambush attack in June.

According to the complaint, Hunter would later post multiple messages on Facebook bragging of his actions in Minneapolis on the night of 28 May and morning of 29 May, writing, “I set fire to that precinct with the Black community,” and, “My mom would call the FBI if she knew.”

“I’ve burned police stations with Black Panthers in Minneapolis,” he claimed in one message, and in another, “The BLM protesters in Minneapolis loved me.”

#810 jo mama, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This should be on repeat every single time the right wing repeats their lies and misinformation.

dmoneybangbang, jo mama and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

According to the complaint, Hunter would later post multiple messages on Facebook bragging of his actions in Minneapolis on the night of 28 May and morning of 29 May, writing, “I set fire to that precinct with the Black community,” and, “My mom would call the FBI if she knew.”

“I’ve burned police stations with Black Panthers in Minneapolis,” he claimed in one message, and in another, “The BLM protesters in Minneapolis loved me.”

[​IMG]

MFers out here self-snitching on FB and texting about murders…the stupidity never ceases to amaze me

if I’m the judge: dumbass in the 1st degree, you’re getting 30 years just based off that, then tack on the years for the murder and arson

people are just so damn dumb

13. astros123

astros123 Member

Jesus christ. The CCP is the same as Airbnb. This is why I've always said keep VCs dipshits out of our politics cuz they'll sell every us asset for a price. @AroundTheWorld what a pathetic turd

#813 astros123, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This specific statement of Vivek is dumb. Definitely a difference based on CCP doing it or a US startup doing it.

15. Buck Turgidson

But you are?

glynch, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I understand why you like this guy so much, because he is feeding you the perfect bullshit that you will lap up.

Rileydog, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I guess he talked all smart and fast and right past you when he said he would pardon all of the convicted Jan6 seditionists?

Rileydog, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I used to think Trump was the fast talking “Professor” Harold Hill from The Music Man doing a song and dance number to con people now I think Ramaswamy fits the role better.

At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if during the next debate he starts singing “you got trouble”.

19. Buck Turgidson

Nook, rocketsjudoka, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

God the golden age Simpsons is the best media man has ever produced