1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Youthful energy and the rhetoric of a boomer.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Hey, that's pretty cool. Hopefully have time to look into detail about the 2nd and 3rd circuits. I'm a small biz owner too, and a uni lecturer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/12/02/us/trump-judges.amp.html

And I agree with your last statement somewhat that all those Presidents were pro business ghouls. Obama made big strides with Healthcare and EPA though, even though Scotus struck down part of the latter in a really brutal decision where Gorsuch is defying his own principles.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Cmon man. Did you read that case? The trump judges had no choice but to rule in thst favor!!! The entire country was watching them and the district judge was literally rewriting case law! The fact that the district Court literally rewrote the law shows how effin insane his judges were! Cmon you're proving my point!

Also I'm not sure if you're aware but now all college loans are capped at 5% of income (used to be 10%). Also school loans are now 100% forgivable after 10 years and schools will be limited to how they raise tuition now if they accept federal money. Biden has reshaped higher education forever. As a university teacher hell be effecting your students for generations to come.

Alongside banning non compete clauses (effects 40 million workers and over 25 million low income workers) and reshaping the judical branch + reshaping higher education he's definitely governoring like a progressive and not like a 80yr old.

I was on the FTC non compete hearing last week and it was gut wrenching hearing from doctors and other employees shackled by their work contracts. The FTC is coming after forced arbitration clauses in workforce contracts are ALWAYS favor employers and eff over employees.

The NLRB has passed a historic ruling yesterday

I totally understand why people would be hesitant of biden cuz his age and that's up to you. I don't care for personalities. I'm a policy driven person.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

1) The article linked is about multiple cases where Trump appointed judges follow their interpretation of the law even when it hurts Trump. It wasn't just one case. And yes, I've read them all. The first one, the lady was crazy. There are crazy Trump judges that were appointed, but also many non crazy Trump judges who were just conservative. That's the article.

2) I'm at one of the most affordable unis in the the state, so never needed that extra help, but good. I'm just trying to get students to read because it's a dying discipline.

3) Good for him that his administration is advancing progressive goals. I'm not really partisan so I don't really care about that. That said, I'm aware of the NLRB ruling which is more of an independent executive agency thing, but good for the little guy.

4) I think a good lawsuit regarding arbitration clauses and non competes is already in the pipeline towards SCOTUS, and really curious to get into the nerdy inside baseball about contractual rights and negotiations and the history of it.

5) Please stop trying to convince me to love the Biden administration. I'd vote for him over Trump all the time. But my original opinion hasn't moved. Biden and Trump are uninspiring. That's it. I've added that they're both too old. I'm glad that Biden inspires you. Trump inspires many others. Neither do it for me.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

The NLRB is not independent. The President nominates the head of the NLRB which biden has put a very pro union progressive in charge. Shes the most pro union NLRB in modern history...Not just that but biden was able to sucessfully give the NLRB and FTC record amount of budget increase this year. First time in 4 decades that the two agencies got a decent bump.

You talk about how the DOJ has lost cases? You are aware that the DOJ was successfully been able to stop a corporate merger in the name of workers rights just recently? *NEVER* before in the HISTORY of the united states has the federal government been able to stop a merger in the name of workers rights. its a big effin deal and sets a HUGEEE precedent for the future.

They are re writing case laws for mergers in ways that will benefit workers for decades to come.

I told you i dont care if you love the biden admin or not. I like to debate on policy. If you look at the POLICY positions of biden they are ground breaking stuff.

I dont think people know half the things that are happening under the biden admin. Biden is going to be one of those presidents where decades later you're suprised he did half the things he did. Hes going big on policy and isnt shying away.

#65 astros123, Feb 23, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This will be my last reply to you as you've worn me down. Yes, Biden is inspiring. You are correct. I am wrong. I originally wrote that neither Biden nor Trump were inspiring, and you've given a plethora of administrative actions taken by the Biden administration that you find inspiring. So naturally, if it's inspiring to you, it's inspiring to me too.

Not trying to be a dick. Seriously, your administrative action knowledge has peaked my interest and I will look into that more. And since you love that so much, you should make separate threads about it. But I've stated many things I like and don't like about Biden and Trump. You keep trying to prove me wrong and it's just my damn opinion man. Nothing to prove right or wrong.

When I wasn't making an opinion, I was making a factual statement when I wrote NLRB is an independent agency and you are factually incorrect. I am technically correct, the best kind of correct :D. I understand what you mean though. The executive branch has pressure over independent agencies and their priorities. Yes, the president appoints board members with Senate approval, but the president cannot fire board members either. Many presidents end up having mixed boards with many independent agencies. You seem to have much knowledge over the NLRB, which is cool. There are others too with varying levels of presidential influence. It's an ongoing legal matter as to how much influence presidents should have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_agencies_of_the_United_States_government

Look, good for you that you like Biden and his admin actions regarding pro-workers policies. I wasn't looking to debate you on that. I wasn't looking to deny any of that. I think you have a hard time saying it's okay for me to not love Biden, without bringing up 5 new reasons why I should love Biden with each response. It's okay man, I'd still vote for him over Trump.

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Breh's IQ is higher than that of all D&D wokonatics combined.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Isn't him talking about it and focusing on that just as pointless and trivial as what he is talking about though?

Climate change, vast chasms of income inequality, and on and on are more important. Ok, great talk about that then. It's what people ( i don't know much about this guy) but many want to talk about that because there is not much else on the table that fixes issues that face the US and the world.

Bought politics, bought media. Essentially a bought and rigged now Supreme Court that has 3-4 decisions that have enabled money into the system at a greater scale.

So who TF cares about black/brown voices and what they supposedly should or shouldn't be doing? These people don't have plans for ****. Many times any of the plans they do have is blocked by the money interests and status quo and nothing happens.

fchowd0311 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know who "Kyle" is, I assume some "Youtuber", but yeah, Vivek's credentials and IQ surely beat this guy's.

Edit: I listened to this idiot for 4 minutes, then had to turn it off. Can't believe grifters like this guy can make a living off of spewing nonsense on Youtube, TikTok or whatever.

11. fchowd0311

Vivek guy has the Lois family guy running for office energy.

"9/11"

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You keep bringing up Ramaswamy’s IQ. There are plenty of instances of IQ-smart people having poor ideas. I think it’s enough for you to say you agree with his ideas and appreciate how he communicates them.

Anyway:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Kulinski

I only know of him because of a podcast he did with Rogan before the 2020 election. He did another one with him recently, though I haven’t listened to that one.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, that was pretty obvious. Not interested.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t know if I’d categorize myself as a populist, probably not, but if I definitely prefer left-wing populism to right-wing populism.

15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we know. :rolleyes:

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lol

Not even round 1 material for Donny.

Maybe a cheap warmup piñata at best.

My man Trump will chew him up and spit him out, and leave him with at least 10 more vowels in his name.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Haha

Vivek is too smart to think he can win this time. He is positioning himself for the future.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like real businessman Herman Cain did

[​IMG]

Herman Cain was a very accomplished individual notwithstanding. He just was not able to break into elected politics.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Man you have this addiction to believing entrepreneurship automatically means intellegence and understandings social and economic systems. This makes you a prime candidate for things like MLM scams.

I can tell this guy doesn't have an intellectual curiosity bone in his body and just repeats generic jargon platitudes from just listening to him.

Can you show me a video of him actually discussing a topic that doesn't devolves "woke this and woke that"?

#79 fchowd0311, Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member