1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm not some huge kamala fan in any way but she's accomplished more in 2 years then pence did....kamala went to Philippines and helped secure additional bases in Philippines and she's helped secure indo pacific relationships

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/21/asia...a-sea-kamala-harris-visit-intl-hnk/index.html

Pence didn't do anything on the national stage in terms of foreign affairs

Pence is a better vp because he didn't overthrow the government even though he never had powers to overturn the election.... hmm pence DID inquire if he could and would've so if he could.

Pence isn't some hero. He's a crook

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Lucky man you, at least to have met Obama. I shook his hand in Dallas years ago but never had a chance to actually meet him.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sometimes you have to throw an asswipe a dick, mmmkay? Kamala is in over her head but Biden and the Democrats have done excellent work before the GOP took over the House.

#43 Andre0087, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm trying to find a way to think of what Kamela has done in her life to make me think someone like Pence who has spread years of hatred towards the LGBTQ community would make him "better".

5. fchowd0311

Do you know anything about Pence before being a VP? Do you have any idea the stuff he has said on his talk radio show?

What has Kamala done to warrant being worse than someone like that?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Enlighten me...I work a ton and keep up minimally with what's goes on.

7. fchowd0311

Then why give such string opinions on who's better?

You know it should clue you in on how bigoted Pence was/is when Trump supporters say that Pence is extreme on LGBTQ issues.

No need for the patronizing tone also. We all work.

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How do you get a tone from what I stated? I'm just speaking facts that I know of, it's nothing personal.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Kamala DID help secure the Philippines deal though. She was the first VP to visit the region in decades and held numerous AUKUS meetings. Again I'm not saying she's some amazing VP but she's more than enough done her part as VP. The Filipino president really liked her and his wife has a relationship with kamala.

Having American troops have access to Philippines bases is a huge huge geo political victory though. You have to call balls and strikes.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's uninspiring.

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Can you elaborate what exactly you would want from another democratic candidate? What policies goals do you want them to pursue that biden hasn't tried accomplishing ?

What exactly do you want the democratic candidate to do ?

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm an ageist. I don't think either are at the top of their game.

Also, I want more shrewd legal minds heading DOJ. They keep losing in court because yes, there's a conservative slant in many appellate courts, but also they've made many errors similar to Trump's team mainly violating APA.

Also, the inflation reduction act was BS, though I'm going to take up the tax benefits, but that's not helping inflation in a macro level.

I want to be inspired. Neither inspire me. They're like 5 and 12 seeds to me.

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

You're aware that 1 out of 4 judges after trumps term were nominated by HIM right? Trump literally rigged the court with nothing but white men. There were over EIGHTY PERCENT white men nominated under trumps term. Biden has nominated over 110 judges and only 5 men but more importanly they come from non corporate backgrounds with real time expierence. Hes stacking the bench with public defenders and pro bono judges who have real world expierence.

Merrick garland the head of the doj was literally the head of the DC circuit court with one of the finest records on the court. Who exactly do you think is going run the doj better with a better resume? As head of the DC court he had literally one of the lowest appeal reverals in the ENTIRE dc system lol. You cant win against a rigged court system which trump left it when he left office.

Inflation reduction act is literally responsible for onshoring over HUNDREAD THOUSAND jobs so far in 2 months..

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...unced-since-climate-bill-became-law-analysis/

Its literally one of the most successful job creation bills in american history....its responsible for over 14 projects being announced so far worth over 2b EACH....Tesla for gods sakes who were talking crap about the bill are literally onshoring battery manufacturing just because of the bill..

I sincerely dont think anybody in america even has an idea of what biden has accomplished or hasnt. Were seeing more manufacting onshoring right now then at any point in the past 60 years.....

that doesnt happen by mistake.

#53 astros123, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's not inflation reduction. It does good things, yes, but it doesn't reduce inflation. It was just a spending bill that doesn't help with inflation.

And yes, I'm aware of the court packing. I study the courts and study the legal arguments. The Biden DOJ has made many many legal mistakes. Not saying Trump's DOJ wasn't worse, it was. Biden's is just suprisingly sloppy, regardless of the judge. And many of Trump's judges have turned out to be quite competent because it's not like they're taking Trump loyalty oaths. Have some turned out to be crazy? Yes, but so have Obama judges and Bush judges.

Those are separate issues. And part of the legislative accomplishment is about messaging, which they're not doing a great job on, but it's not all their fault. I don't care about that. I don't care about America onshoring jobs....if offshoring jobs leads to better overall efficiency, that's fine with me. I'm all for capitalism, progress, and creative destruction. Trump was dumping resources into coal and fighting against efficiency for politcal gains - that was bad imo. From my readings and the planet money pod, the inflation reduction act did many good things, but overall, does not reduce inflation. Just don't lie about that in your support of those initiatives.

Look, I don't hate Biden. He's had wins and losses, so go forth and passionately praise his achievements. You do you and god bless. But you can't make me love him. And Trump lovers can't make me love Trump either. If there was one overall reason why I don't want either candidate next year, then it's simply they're both too damn old. If you can be too damn young to be president, then you can be too damn old too.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

Im a small business owner and have been involved in three public comment sections with the FTC and have actually helped push for successful investigations that are ongoing. Biden has remade the 2nd and 3rd circuit to be very young progressive and diverse in background. These circuits is where all the corporate mergers and wall street crooks go through. This handles Delaware/NY/PA. Biden isnt "court packing" but someone in america is finally putting in non corporate hacks as judges. I follow antitrust cases every day and ALL OF Clinton and bush and 90% of obama judges are AWFUL on business. They all come from a corproate mindset which corproations are always good. Biden judges are actually regular citizens and not people going through corporate law offices.

You said Trump judges are good? The trump judge that just allowed unitedhealthcare to monoplize more and his justification for allowing the merger was, "the ceo is a good guy" lol. Cmon. Trump judges are all business friendly hacks and nothing more. What trump judges do you exactly see that are doing a good job at protecting consumers? Mind to name some?

I dont really care if you like biden or not. I don't have a personal feeling towards biden. I like him because he's too old to be corrupted and he's reshaping American capitalism in a fair way thats been missing for 40 years .

Corporate consolidation and mergers have been destroying this economy for decades now... look at what this railroad mess in Ohio has exposed. Or the lack of masks during covid showed us. Corporate neoliberalism has been destroying America for decades. It's the result of trickle down economy's and trillion dollar tax cuts.

Corporate America right now is really really pissed off and theyre losing out on hundreads of billions of dollars. I just dont think any young person would not be corrupted and bought out by big business. Obama/Clinton/bush/regan/carter/trump were all Neo liberals who were pro business ghouls. Its just the truth.

#55 astros123, Feb 23, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this dude fu*ks

charismatic

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Reminds me of good ol "Bobby" Jindal.

They try so hard to be white. He thinks shouting woke all the time is going to make racist white folks like him more.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm interested to see his campaign website and what positions he will publish. Kind of odd he doesn't already have a site though.

19. fchowd0311

Imagine Will Ferrell here but Indian.

That's the vibes I get with his platitudes like "faith, patriotism and family vanishing" and tackling "wokeism".

Kim likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vivek-...p-primary-338c0737?mod=hp_opin_pos_3#cxrecs_s

Ramaswamy Reaches for the Presidency
    The entrepreneur wants Americans to believe in their principles again.
    By The Editorial Board
    Feb. 22, 2023 at 6:35 pm ET

Donald Trump proved that you don’t need to hold elective office before you try for the Oval Office, and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy is taking that as inspiration as he announcedTuesday that he’s running for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024. He has a chance to make a contribution to the race even if he is a long shot.

The 37-year-old Ohio native attended Harvard and earned a law degree from Yale, but don’t hold that against him. In 2014 he also founded a biotechnology firm, Roivant Sciences, and served as CEO until 2021. We’ve come to know him over the years through his contributions to these pages, which are provocative and well-wrought even if we disagree.

Mr. Ramaswamy has preternatural energy and can argue his brief with the best of them. He’ll be formidable if he can marshal the polling support to make it onto a debate stage. He was early in campaigning against the woke infection in American business with his 2021 book, “Woke, Inc.”

He’s also been a stalwart voice for free speech against the censorship of the tech giants. His enthusiasms sometimes get carried away, as with his proposal to make political beliefs a legally protected characteristic, like race or religion. If you think companies are woke now, wait until employees can’t be fired for attacking their employers.

He has also made a contribution with his critique of investing on environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria rather than focusing on returns to shareholders. He put his money where his principles are in 2022 in founding Strive Asset Management, which offers an alternative to large asset managers like BlackRock that have become politicized. He rejects the “new climate religion that shackles the U.S. and leaves China untouched.”

Mr. Ramaswamy is also calling for a revival of national self-confidence based on the principles that have lifted all Americans. This means re-embracing the importance of merit again in work and culture, as opposed to leveling based on race, gender and class.

The author Arthur Brooks calls this “earned success,” and it’s an optimistic alternative to the left’s attack on American values that is likely to gain more adherents than grouchy resentment. As the son of Indian immigrants, Mr. Ramaswamy is well-positioned to remind Americans about what draws people to the U.S. He joins former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as GOP candidates of Indian descent. Only in America—or Britain.

Campaigning for the White House has become a vanity project for some people who have no chance—see Marianne Williamson and Dennis Kucinich. Mr. Ramaswamy will have to persuade voters that he’s more than that, as well as overcome doubts about his relative youth. Then again, many voters may prefer the hope of youthful energy over the age and experience of the last six years.

Appeared in the February 23, 2023, print edition as 'Ramaswamy Reaches for the White House'.

AroundTheWorld likes this.