1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

JD Vance is a great comparison….

Both Vance and Vivek are Peter Thiel’s guys.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I think both are true - if he gets lucky it takes off then I suspect he goes with it, if it doesn't - then he has gotten attention and will be a bigger social media star, which is clearly something he wants right now. Part of the problem is that I don't think he believes there is a down side, so why take it serious - but it actually is serious, he is campaigning for the Presidency and there should be some competency and reverence for the office - and is 2023, in the weird clown world we live in, nothing is serious and everything is serious at the same time. I thought that the COVID scare would make people perhaps strive for the truth or take things a little more serious and it did the opposite.

3. Nook

Nook Member

They are similar - and they both believe that they can just "spit ball it"..... but it worked for Vance, he is now a Senator and where he goes from here is up to him.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JD Vance will redeem himself. Vivek won’t.

5. adoo

adoo Member

JD Vance, a lawyer for venture capitalists, was running for a US Senate seat for Ohio

Vivek had built his own company and is running for POTUS, a lot like Ross Perot [​IMG]

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It turns out if you a lot have money, Americans are obligated to listen.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was very young when Ross ran but I remember he was a firecracker.

[​IMG]

mdrowe00, Xerobull and B-Bob like this.
  8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Yes I agree, Robert L Peters brings back competency and reverence to the highest office!

9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

MAGA does not like Israel.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't worry, I'm sure he can flipflop on it if that pleases the base more.

Nook, Invisible Fan, MadMax and 4 others like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I met Perot while I was interviewing for a position at Dell (the ex-Perot Systems services organization in Plano). He was very personable but his distinctive voice and energy made it a bit more intimidating). I've met three presidential candidates through work... Perot, Carly (I worked at Compaq/HP), and rudy giuliani (he was speaking at a company event).

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

he better!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His position, I think, is that we should normalize relations with Israel. They shouldn't be given special status. It's not an anti-Israel position, as far as I've seen. He just thinks we shouldn't be funding them to the degree we currently are.

More problematic for me is his position on Mexico and cartels. He said he wouldn't rule out sending troops into Mexico - against Mexico's wishes - to fight the cartels. Now, he also said he doesn't think it would come to that, but still, that's troubling.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even if you want to do these things - saying them out loud is utterly stupid. Giving Taiwan to China? It's not his to give. He has no understanding that you can't just change strategic relationships on a dime. We've seen what Trump did with Iran and now we have a new nuclear power to deal with.

Invisible Fan, ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Their backgrounds don’t matter as much as they weren’t Trumpy guys until Peter Thiel dumped money at their feet.

16. adoo

adoo Member

it is the political office for which they're seeking
    • JD Vance was gaslighting to citizens of the state of Ohio,
    • while Perot and Vivek was/is trying to reach out to citizens of all 50 states

fwiw, don't think that was ever a Perot / Thiel Connection. also that Perot had more $$ than Thiel

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

One of the issues I have with him is I hear quite a bit of "hey, I am just asking questions", "I wouldn't rule out", "many people think XXXX"...............come with your position, if you dont have one just say so, but the wishy-washy stuff has to go

mdrowe00 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perot wasn't gaslighting the country. He was thin skinned and couldn't handle the rough and tumble of campaigning but he was honest about what he thought was going to be best for the country.

Ramaswamy has changed his positions, tried to whitewash his past, and is catering to Trump. if Perot were alive today I don't think he would ever take a backseat to Trump.

Rashmon, mdrowe00, Nook and 3 others like this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also Perot believed there were ninjas sneaking around people's yards.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Vivek has absolutely pimp slapped Christie and Pence tonight.