1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

That’s fair… definitely things are less nuanced and more about trolling or owning.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. adoo

adoo Member

then Vivek R spars with CNN’s Collins over his quote suggesting 9/11 conspiracy

Collins pressed Ramaswamy on a quote he gave to The Atlantic for an article published Monday in which he seemed to question whether federal agents were involved in the 9/11 attacks that left nearly 3,000 people dead nearly 22 years ago. The coy Vivek ttempted to walk back his comments, telling Collins that the article misquoted him.

Collins then suggested that Ramaswamy was using his platform to spout unproven claims about the attacks, saying that it feels like he is “towing the line when it comes to conspiracy theories.”

“I think people look at those comments, they look at what you said in The Atlantic — what you say you were misquoted. They look at comments that you’ve made about the Federal Reserve adding zeros to media companies bank accounts, and I mean, it looks like you’re floating conspiracy theories with this defense of ‘I’m just asking questions,’” she said.

He said that he stands by his words when Collins quoted him, but that he has a “problem” with “somebody else quoting me, putting words in my mouth.”

When reached for comment, Ramaswamy’s campaign said that the businessman was referring to the Jan. 6 attacks, not the 9/11 attacks.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow that first reply in tweet... If true, sounds like a Elizabeth Holmes who got away with it...

#464 Invisible Fan, Aug 22, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  5. adoo

adoo Member

today Vivek posted on X

Audio debunks Vivek Ramaswamy’s false claim that he was misquoted about 9/11

Some time later, CNN played a recording of the interview that Vivek gave to the Atlantic, he was quoted accurately by the Atlantic writer.

Ramaswamy spokesperson Tricia McLaughlin said in an email: “We are grateful that the Atlantic released the audio after we repeatedly asked them to do so.
    The audio clearly demonstrates that Vivek was taken badly out of context and even this small snippet proves that.

she never bother to elaborate how it was taken out of context.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh…1 of my old friends used to say the same sh*t about 9/11 way back in the day

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. adoo

adoo Member

Vivek Ramaswamy's 'Mansplaining' To CNN's Kaitlan Collins Riles Up Critics

The Republican presidential candidate had taken umbrage at Collins noting a previous comment of his about individually arming Taiwanese households against China.

“Do you really think that would be a sufficient plan to deter a Chinese invasion if it includes long-range missiles, ground troops, an aerial blockade, a naval blockade?” Collins asked.

“Kaitlan, Kaitlan, Kaitlan, Kaitlan, Kaitlan! Of course it’s not sufficient,” Ramaswamy said. “You take that tiny little clip when I articulated at the Nixon Library last week a one-hour speech with a whole range of deterrents. That is part of it, but I’ve also said that I would pull Russia out of its military alliance with China. I’ve also said that we would bolster our partnership with India.”

“Yes, part of this is turning Taiwan into a porcupine,” continued Ramaswamy, who’s slated to participate in the first GOP debate on Wednesday. “I think exporting our Second Amendment is a relatively free or low-cost way to do that. But I find it laughable that you will take that clip and then put words into my mouth as though that was a sufficient deterrent. Kaitlan, with due respect, that’s a joke, especially when I’ve offered as expansive of a deterrent strategy as I have.”

“It’s not putting words into your mouth and it’s not saying that you didn’t say those other things,” she replied.

“I never said it was sufficient,” Ramaswamy said after cutting her off. “I never said it was sufficient. ... This is really funny, Kaitlan. It’s been very educational for me to learn how media works.”

on the next day, Vivek posted on X,

9. Nook

Nook Member

He has been innovative in his academic career and some of the things he is suggesting as a Presidential candidate are certainly innovative- I just believe are foolish.

He is a very impressive person in many ways and successful in a number of ways - but I don’t think he is qualified to be President.

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Of course it does - the social media platforms require that sort of message brevity - and successful people in that medium will adapt.

ROCKSS and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wish this kind of thinking had more bearing on our elections in this century.

12. dmoneybangbang

Has he? Seems like another boy wonder hedge fund guy who Peter Thiel hired a great PR team for. Although those wikipedia edits are starting to come back... and accepting something from George Soros....

At any rate, this is going to be an interesting GOP race and you have Vivek rising up the chain of the " populist/conspiracy theory big tent" party that the GOP is becoming.

Nook likes this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I will be very curious how he does tonight, does he cowtow to trump or does he finally stand on his own 2 feet.............IMO, the ass kissing will continue, but we shall see.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should’ve raised interest rates back in 2010. Then none of these tech bros would exist and Subway would still have a $5 footlong.

B-Bob and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ramaswamy’s deflections and gaslighting does seem like taking internet debating to the campaign trail.

I still think this less about him trolling but more that he’s seeking to build up his brand and this is the way he sees how he can do it.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I predict he’ll go after Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie. He’ll defend Trump from Christie and call DeSantis as wanting to be like Trump but unable to.

ROCKSS, Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like he has some kind of deal with Trump for a cabinet post to be his attack dog in the debates. Maybe he's going to be Trump's running mate.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is why I see him as very much like JD Vance. Both are well educated and successful individuals who previously criticized trump and built their name and success in ways that Trump has opposed. When they saw the opportunity for political success int he GOP have gone all in on Trump. Even tot helping of trying to scrub their prior history.

ROCKSS and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

in the debate,, i want to see Haley to pick up on this point again

Haley called Ramaswamy's comments "part of a concerning pattern with Vivek" and that
    between "abandoning Israel, abolishing the FBI, and giving Taiwan to China, his foreign policy proposals have a common theme: they make America less safe."

ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I didn't know that this is his position on Israel. That would be a dealbreaker for me.