1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you gonna believe me or your Lyin’ eyes! ;)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The whole premise of @basso isn't really serious.

If you witnessed the lead up, saw evidence of the meetings planning and foreknowledge, and somehow saw the footage live and additional clips afterward, you can't possibly use that to be informed.

Instead, you should listen to Vivek who also wasn't at the insurrection on January 6th, and obviously hasn't factored in the meetings, planning, foreknowledge, sworn statements by participants, trials of the participants, convictions of the participants, or any of that. Instead he parrots a list of imagined grievances Trump's audiences have been vocal about and claims that is the real reason.

The premise that Vivek who wasn't there, and is ignorant of or ignoring all the evidence about the cause is correct and nobody can argue against him because they weren't there, is laughable. basso isn't serious and just trying to stir the pot and troll because that is what amuses him.

mdrowe00 and gifford1967 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

vivek's main intention is to ingratiate himself with maga supporters and get a position in trump's cabinet...

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Paul Ryan spreadsheeted his way into a wonky intellectual image good enough to be house speaker even if his proposals were logistical and inhumane garbage that even the CBO couldn't dress up.

Dude is trying to Andrew Yang into some pro/business cabinet position though it seems he's more serious (and dangerous) than the purely vain frat boi Yang.

Vivek isn't a billionaire, and I get fake libertarian silly valley vibes from him, which is generally political poison in con flyover land.

Time to flex that big brain, and bullshit your maga bonafides with modern day vulture capitalism!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

were you there, and did you participate in the planning?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Im muslim and had moved here in the 90s. Alot of muslims still remember the sheer racism and attacks we all had to deal with for decades after 9/11 even though we had nothing to do with it. My name was automatically placed on a terror watch list simply because my name was middle eastern. We suffered for decades because of what some radical extremist did on 9/11. We were denied jobs, travel, all sorts of stuff.

These scumbags MAGA @basso @Commodore run around and pretend to be the victims of 1/6 when everything is of their own doing. It enraged me watching white supremacy happen in real time. If any other race had done what the maga scum did on 1/6 they would literally be in guantano bay rotting somewhere.

They invited nothing but braindead conspiracies to be upset about then they have audacity to play victim. Scumbags

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Was Vivek?

Unlike Vivek (apparently), I've seen the sworn testimony from those that were. I've seen memos, and sworn testimony from the meetings, transcripts from the calls, trials that have had evidence scrutinized and vetted by the peers of the convicted.

I get it that you're playing around and trolling, but it usually works better if there is some sort reasoning behind your posts.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

basso likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

Ive brought the largest mental health medicare whistleblower case in Houston history close to 120 million dollars. Ive helped recoup close to a quarter billion dollars for the US government. Ive done more than my fair share as a citizen. Your low iq trolling doesnt effect me.

Vivek knows hes talking to low iq morons and hes manipulating them. He always goes on right on tv shows and conferences and never debates with smart left leaning folks who would expose his bullshit within minutes. Maga terrorists

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Are you even aware what you're doing?

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. astros123

astros123 Member

Why are you and Vivek not upset at Trump for disenfranchised its base? @FranchiseBlade would agree I think that its not the average Trumpers fault that they believe the conspiracies they believe in. They were told before a single vote was ever cast that the election was fraudulent. Trump said before election day that the election couldnt be trusted because of mail in voting.

I agree that the average MAGA who was at DC on 1/6 isnt at fault for themselves. I blame the right wing eco system and Trump who stoked the conspiracies and made them believe the election was fraudulent even before a vote was cast.

Instead you folks want to blame other bullshit that has nothing to do with it like covid and lockdowns. GTFO

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you still haven't watched the video, have you?

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I strongly suspect this. I also think he’s positioning himself for future Republican runs if Trump loses.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I am not sure you have.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I blame the average MAGA who was there.

Honestly Ramaswamy’s claims and others sound a lot like the rationalizing of looting and arson following George Floyd’s killing. It’s interesting how the Right was very critical of arguments defecting personal responsibility with overarching cultural arguments then but are now deflecting personal responsibility with cultural arguments when it comes to Jan. 6th.

At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if the next time Ramaswamy talks about Jan. 6th he says “riot is the language of the unheard”

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I have no idea what video you watched to beleive anything I've said would indicate I hadn't seen the video. Seriously, did you watch it? I'm feel like you might not have.

@rocketsjudoka nailed it perfectly. He was just listing MAGA grievances to justify the insurrection.

18. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...can only go part-way with you here on this one.

Of course, after the fact (heehee), I can acknowledge having a bit of compassion...if not outright or actual sympathy...for anyone "swept up" in all of the madness and deceit and viciousness leading up to and through January 6, 2021, and all of the recurring and impending consequences of that utter foolishness.

One of those odd, unexplainable character flaws I have, that doesn't fit at all with my reverse-racist perspective and seething hatred of white people I've been diagnosed with around here.

I never said I was perfect.;)

Maybe more than a few of the MAGA faithful ARE as dumb as a bag of rocks. Maybe because they've lived in their own little closed worlds for so long, they've actually mentally handicapped themselves.

And if it were really as simple as that, they would probably have my sympathies anyway...but that's beside my point.

When I say that nobody can fix stupid, I mean that there's no way to convince someone of a fact that they don't want to accept...particularly a sequence of events corroborated from several different sources (biased against the narrative or not).

A fact that exists in spite of attempts to deny it, minimize it, ridicule it, lie about it or erase it.

Dumb people might not understand exactly how the math works, but they still tend to count about as well as anybody else when you show them how it's done.

Stupid people, well...they tend to be too smart to bother telling them anything they don't want to know about. They know all they need to know, and anything else is just in the way.

Like barricades or police officers (heehee) in front of the Capitol building kind of suggesting that running up in there, under whatever pretense (or under a word my mother often used - an unction), looking to stop the certification of legitimate votes cast in a presidential election...

...wasn't a smart thing to do no matter how low your IQ happens to be.

People are often dumb. And sometimes, I honestly feel that that can't be helped, because some of us (cognitively, at least) are where we are.

But you've got to REALLY put the work in to be stupid. ;)

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wanting to hang Mike Pence or hogtie Nancy is just locker room talk and should be treated as such.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That would be true only if people were allowed to theorize that Covid-19 originated in a lab on Wuhan.

We know for a fact NOBODY WAS EVER ALLOWED TO SAY THAT. Therefore the only logical outcome is that people would storm the capitol building and threaten to hang and murder Trump's VP.

Vivek is clearly the SMARTEST candidate in the race.

mdrowe00 likes this.