1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vitamix 4500 turbo blend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulnhbtx, Jun 27, 2015.

1. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

So I have been juicing for about 4 years now. I started with the Jack Lalane Power Juicer.. Only drawback is that one removes all the pulp and fiber.. b**** to clean and assemble. Makes great juice though.

Then I got the Jay Kordich juicer pretty good but same as above..

Now recently I go the Vitamix 4500 turbo blend. This thing is amazing! You get to consume all of the fiber and it's easy to clean.

You can make soup, ice cream and all kinds of stuff.

Get one and feed your body real raw food!

2. VanityHalfBlack

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It changed my life!

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I got a NurtiNinja about a month ago and figured it would just be another impulse purchase that I'd regret. But I literally use it DAILY. Every morning I have a hand full of both spinach and baby carrots, banana, strawberries, one scoop of protein, a pack of Amazing Grass Green Superfood, and I throw in a natural green tea extract caffeine pill along with ice and water.

32 oz of kick that I look forward to more then my old cup of morning coffee. I literally never skip a day because it just makes that much of a difference. I'm finishing up my smoothie now as I'm typing this.

5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Same here! so much nutrition!

Try watermelon with a few slices of pineapple..

it reminds me of the times I have been in San Diego.. A very cool smooth drink

6. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I agree 100%

I actually think clearer, feel better in every aspect...

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

YES YES YES!!!! I never drink coffee... all the zombies at work guzzle it down.. I literally never get tired.. I have always been that way though but the juice just enhances my ability to not get tired.

I am so glad you all understand an appreciate the health these drinks are giving us.

All of these drinks are just the best for you mind and body..

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think you may have given me my recipe for lunch.

But since it's the weekend, I'm adding gin.

9. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

MY GODDDD ITS SO DAMMM GOOD!!! Add just a little at first bc pineapple can be overbearing.. those two were made for each other : )

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

My family has one of these. Might not be the newest model, but still a VitaMix.

These things, if anyone is too lazy to research, is very expensive. It's around $400-$500 for a blender.

$400-$500 for something that you might not use everyday can be a dealbreaker. Could probably look into cheaper blenders, tbh.

11. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

The people that buy these like myself are typical Health enthusiasts. Also even if you are not you cannot put a price on health.. I think IMO 400.00 for a juicer is better than paying co payments when you get cancer for eating meat and unhealthy and fat..

just the truth..

12. VanityHalfBlack

I could drink smoothies and juices for the rest of my life and won't have a problem. It's convenient, and I'm always on the go. I mix everything imaginable.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How does a Vitamix increase amount of fiber available in a blended fruit/vegetable as compared to any other blender?

14. Mr. Clutch

I usually add kale and use raw milk.

15. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I was comparing it to the other two juicers that I had that remove the pulp/fiber from the juice.

16. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

i have been adding water.. i may try almond milk.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bought a Ninja. I hear Vitamix is the best, but I wanted to start with something cheaper. It's been great.

18. Mr. Clutch

I've recently been adding flaxseeds as well.

19. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I have one. I typically use spinach as a base, along with whatever fruit and veggies I have available. Been adding beets, lately.

I always throw in coconut oil, almond butter, and hemp and chia seed, with coconut milk and water.

Freakin' love my Vitamix. If my house was on fire, it's on the short list of things I'd save.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love juicing and shakes...
    I use a Nutri Ninja Auto IQ