1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Vitamins and Supplements

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonnyMost, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SPF35

SPF35 Member

you have to think of how your body will absorb vitamins, some pills your body just rejects and you will piss it right out since its not use to that form of nutrient and considers it foreign, theres logic to taht as your body won't just aborb it as it would food. Your best bet is actual food, furits, vegetables, herbs, then that is not always practical...take whole food supplements...basicalyl derrived from actual foods, your body sees it that way and is more likely to take it in as such.

2. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Read my above post, what you are doing is just pissing the vitamins out as your body considered it foreign adn rejected it. Our body is not maid to just absorb pills and distribute it, often it is considered a foreign object and is flushed out

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This thread is going to be funny for me.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. MSM: Promotes skin (for complexion), hair, and nail growth, while it detoxifies the body. Strengthen hair and nails. Definitely for anti-aging. It's also anti-flammatory. 2000-4000 mg per day.

2. Fennel seeds: Bloating. 1500-3000 mg per day, from time to time.

3. Pueraria Mirifica - Improves complexion, increases hair growth, anti-aging, and something else I don't want to mention. 2000 - 3000 mg.

4. Sanar Collagen Capsules - 750 mg

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

*arkoe notes donnymost never answered the $$$ question.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I listed a ton of items, all of which have different price points based on brand and quantity. So, if you anyone wants to know the prices, you're welcome to check any of the websites referenced in this thread. Also, prices tend to fluctuate based on availability as well, so, don't expect things to be constant.

7. Classic

Classic Member

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just a heads up, taking too much of the same stuff is bad for you. Even if it's healthy.

9. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Omega 3. My skin is soft and wrinkle free.

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I've asked may Doctors if I should take vitamin supplements. They all say that there is no conclusive medical data showing that vitamins have any heath benefits. They then ALL admit that they personally take some sort of supplement, even if its just a standard multivitamin.

11. SPF35

SPF35 Member

When a doc says there is no conclusive medical data that shows something doesn't have benefits, ask theme if there are any conclusive medical dats taht show they don't have benefits either....

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think that is the point. There are no studies that show that they are good for you, but they all personally take them, they just have no scientific basis for medically recommending them. I always take it that they are recommending vitamins without actually saying it.

13. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

You have expensive urine. Eat a balanced diet and you'll be fine.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Just looks pricey - thought you might have a rough idea what it averages out to monthly.

Granted I take krill oil/red yeast rice/vitamin c/garlic/coq10/centrum daily and I have no idea what it costs me monthly.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm taking Metagenics EPA-DHA 6:1, which has had a real positive impact on my lipids. Been taking it for a couple of years now, and my triglycerides dropped at least 20 points, my cholesterol about 10. Nothing else had changed (meds, diet, etc,) after I started using it, yet my numbers had dropped that much after 3 months. My lipids without meds or supplements would be insanely high, so I pay attention to this stuff. I take good multivitamins without iron (men shouldn't supplement iron). I take a saw palmetto and nettle complex for my prostate. My prostate is fine, but I want to keep it that way (it's an age thing). I take a C complex of 500 mg. Because I've been taking antibiotics lately, I'm taking a supplement to keep my intestinal flora up. That's all at the moment, but I usually take a couple of other things that I've run out of.

16. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

I of course won't convince you otherwise but... your body doesnt "need" fish oil I promise. You are what we call in the medical profession as a train wreck. Taking all of that will out you in a early grave. Go get blood pulled I am sure your levels are all out of wack.

17. DonnyMost

Did I not just tell you that I know I don't *need* any of these things?

My blood work shows no ill effects and my doctor thinks I'm in perfect health, thanks.

18. DonnyMost

Supplements are absorbed by the body just fine if taken appropriately and in the right amounts. Same as any balanced diet.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Fish oil will make you die young. Now I think I've heard everything.

20. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Multi vitamin
    Low dose asprin (don't know if I'm the only one taking this or if it is left off because it is not necessarily a vitamin)