1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vipers Coach on Royce White: "He was as bad as anybody who can play on the floor tonight"

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That is fair to Royce. On that, with Royce on Twitter so much, even if you don't WANT to you're still almost FORCED to READ his "tweets" to get more context of his experience....

After catching up some more on them ... yes Royce needs to lay off Twitter some more.

For instance, even when he's giving a thoughtful tribute to Jerry Buss on his passing, he added a #LakerNation tag. Thats just gonna be seen as blasphemous by the fans.

And he'll get to point out hecklers as being classless and non-educated getting more wrapped up in ethics issues, more being a martyr for progress. When he himself brought on the distraction, even if unintentional. But it still COULD have been avoided.

He should just stick to the fluff of "this is what I'm eating at this moment" and move his progressive humanitarian efforts into ANOTHER medium. Cuz Twitter is just too much a clusterf*** to mix in so much.

Hopefully the "anxiousminds.org" site that he's linked to allows him to channel more of those efforts there. If its like an actual support site, and he's a big part of it, it'd be a good thing. And itd LEGITIMIZE and ESTABLISH his OWN presense. (So he doesnt have to keep repeating it over and over again in tweets and comments and interviews to keep reminding everyone)

2. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

He isn't even worth the 60th pick now. This is Morey's biggest slip, but then he always finds a way to make something out of nothing.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd be ok if he just made nothing out of this nothing. Win some lose some, if he feels like cutting bait I wouldn't even be upset.

4. txtodd

txtodd Member

If only the DLeague had its own DLeague to send Royce to...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but watch, he'll trade him to the Kings for Demarcus Cousins in the off-season.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Ehh... according to the Grantland video, It was McHale who was really pushing for him. The rest of the room other then McHale thought he was too risky.

So our head coach should have some blame here..

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Too early to judge.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They definitely won't cut him over the summer. His salary next season is guaranteed and the situation has put the Rockets under the microscope. But what will be sweet is when the clock strikes midnight on November 1st and the team hasn't picked up his option for 2014/15. Then Royce White will officially be a dead Rocket walking. That is the ultimate dis and he may not handle it well. The implosion could be something else.

9. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'm eagerly awaiting this moment.

10. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

guys his only played like 3 games

gees.....no rush...

his all upside

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Your spelling is as bad as your cognitive abilities.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

So apparently he was ejected from the game tonight? Anybody know anything about this?

13. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfoWT27iU4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

I think right now he should be more worried about the fact that he's just a horrendous basketball player conpared to any other NBAer than his attitude issues.

If you are very good, teams will find a way to work out the attitude problems, but no team is going to take it upon themselves to improve the attitude of a terrible player. The drafting of this guy was just a big mistake and I believe the Rockets will just take their losses and move on.

I hope they have learned their lesson, it is better to just trade a pick than just draft for the sake of drafting.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm tired of this guy, let us part ways already. He obviously has a greater concern for MANY things other than basketball. It's not even as if he's a number 1-5 pick, he was a 16th pick. Not worth all the trouble he's caused. I've suffered from anxiety since the age of 18 yet that does not hold me any less towards my continued education or occupation.

****ing drama queen, he loves the attention.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no sweat, blessing in disguise allowed him to post up on twitter early bird mode

17. basketballholic

Overblown situation by the officials. Remember, the officials are in the dleague for a reason too. As bad as the NBA officials are, they're better than the dleague officials.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Agree that it was overblown...but Royce was definitely the instigator.

Im tired of this clown in every way possible.

19. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Most second rounders amount to nothing anyway. Royce at least make sure the Rocket fans will have very few slow news days I'd guess :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put much into his current suckitude though, he's there for a reason, let the professionals judge.

I am somewhat intrigued by Glen Rice Jr though.

20. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Started with the rebound play, Royce and Ely were battling for position when Ely somewhat pulled a veteran move on Royce, a "pulling the chair" on the box out. Royce of course didn't like it and words were exchanged and some shoving happened as they were on their way down court.

It escalated with Ely furious barking like an angry dog, acting very aggressive.

Royce was just there calm, cool, standing his ground not backing down, not really aggressive.

I honestly like this about Royce, how he doesn't back down, stand his ground in a very COOL manner, never aggressive but standing up and answering back without blowing his top. Remember how something similar also happened with Zoran Dragic in the summer league, he just cool then as well, answering back and holding his ground.