1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vipers Coach on Royce White: "He was as bad as anybody who can play on the floor tonight"

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

He's never given any indication that he cares about anything other than himself and his paycheck.

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Royce is T-Will 2.0, he'll be cut in due time.

3. radd

radd Member

don't care about this guy any more

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, he retweeted like the guy was hating on him or something. All he said was that it was a good place for Royce to better his game.

#BeWell in the #Dleague, Royce

5. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

If he's been working hard this last week getting his conditioning up to speed than I'd say it's no big deal. Personally, the toughest time for me physically coming back from inactivity was 2-6 weeks in. Long enough you remember what you used to do but not in shape enough to do it.
    But, that being said, he's gonna be down there a while.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We have to get rid of this cancer, one way or another.

He will never amount to anything.

1 person likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a Faker in heart.... tweeted Hashtag FakerNation a few days ago

Then he got word of the true No.5 pick of the draft coming to H-town while he is a bottom five talent

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem at all. That guy is not meant for the NBA. All kind of reporters have written about it in depth during this lengthy ordeal.

At best when he works on his game he could be a valuable role player... that is he truly is IMHO.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

fixed

10. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Just watched the 3rd quarter. He actually looks, to me, better than he did last game. Last game he looked like somebody doing EVERYTHING he could to conserve energy. Walked around, barely moved, etc.
    Tonight he looked mobile. He just ran out of gas. He's exactly what you'd expect for a large guy who basically sat on a couch for 3+ months. Doubt he will be in any kind of shape until the summer.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

...to hell

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wake me up when he gets in shape and is dominating the D league the way a mid-1st rounder should. If that never happens...oh well, to quote Les, "you hate to lose a draft pick". I tried not to let the crazy tweets, the self-serving interviews, and his Howard Hughes-like requests get under my skin, but when it became obvious that he hadn't been practicing during all those months when he was away from the team...pathetic. The guy doesn't want to be great. He doesn't care enough to put in the work to be a good basketball player. At this point you just chek the stat sheet from time to time to see if he's improving, but right now we're staring down the barrel of a full blown bust. So sad. What a waste of talent and opportunity. Hope the light comes on soon.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hear you man... I think the guy should pack his things and go to Europe like Beverley did and come back stronger mentally

14. basketballholic

He did try to play hero ball and then when the game went away from him, he started the pout. His body language and attitude were absolutely horrible in my opinion. It was like a huge injection of poison on the team. Lead ballooned up past 20 and he quit on the floor. When he quit and just started meandering around it was basically 4 on 5.

I wouldn't have kept him in there. I would have yanked him sooooo hard and jammed his fat fanny on the bench with a stern lecture. I don't know what Nurse was thinking.

Whiteside?? He had good numbers but it was all garbage. Whiteside is not a leader that's for sure. Once White injected all that negativity Whiteside spent the rest of the game lollygagging around. No urgency on the defensive end, out of position, just not working hard. I was disgusted by his effort as well.

I have been one of the biggest proponents of signing Whiteside because we need a backup center so badly. I'm still a proponent of doing that because we need a backup center so badly and he's got the skills to be it and there is still the possibility of getting him signed here for dirt cheap for multiple years. I do not want to see the Rox pay several million dollars for a backup center. If we could get one more Parsons type contract for a legit 7 foot big that would give us 3 years or so at a minimum contract level but provide important minutes for us it would be a huge win for Morey and us going forward with the salary cap. That's why I am hoping it will happen. I don't think Whiteside has an inherrently bad attitude. I just think he's not a leader. I think he's a follower. And tonight he chose to follow Royce which was a poor decision.

White's retweets and tweets after the game go right back to where we were before. Perhaps that's his mental illness. If it is, they'd better get a fix because when he gets ill it takes too huge a toll on the team. He was absolutely awful last night and his public comments afterward were hand in hand as bad. There is no way, absolutely no way that he will ever become any kind of player in the NBA with that kind of response to adversity. He quit. He quit early. And he kept quitting until the whole team quit and it was just helter skelter one-on-five in the 4th quarter. He took the whole team down just like somebody shooting a hole in the bottom of the boat. One of the most pathetic performances by a professional that I've ever seen in 37 years of watching this game.

3 people like this.
  15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The guy is a joke. He won't play one minute in the NBA.

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

all that twittering during the time he wasnt playing is the cause for this. His fat butt should have been practicing and staying in shape instead of tweeting every resturant he went to while at odds with the rockets. I dont which fail on anyone, but i never saw anything good in this kid period. Flashy pass=good vision? We got guards for that we dont need our PF to be pass first. Hope that bum takes this seriously and realizes he isnt in college anymore. The D league competiton is still to much for him to handle.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

if the D league has a practice squad , he should be on it

1 person likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Seconded.

DD

19. Nextup

Nextup Member

Its just like poker you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them. We should just fold right now. I wouldn't wait cut him now eat the contract before it gets even worst.

20. highlander3128

TBH I have given up this guy a couple months ago, so I gotta say who cares?