1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vineyard stay near Madrid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hey clutchfans, can you help me out. I'm in Madrid and looking for a vineyard to have a relaxing weekend at, near Madrid. Any suggestions? I had a great time at the Argiano vineyard in montalcino Italy last year. Thanks!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You are about 1 1/2 hrs away from one of the finest regions is Spain - Ribera del Duero. I'm sure there is a train there too. Look up the vinyards there. It's north.

Check out

Bodegas Portia
    http://www.bodegasportia.com/index_portia.asp

but I'm sure any with a tour would be fun.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

to follow this mindset Haro isnt that far. From there that is the hub to do your day trips to the various. but that's getting pretty hardcore la rioja. Surely you can get the same experience near madrid and fit in a place like toledo in the same day. not necessarily necessary to get all the way out to rioja when when a monastery is a monastery. and a wine setting ..wine vat is a wine vat. just my opinion.

if you are doing rioja might as well save that..time it right and mix in san fermin, pamplona and san sebastian.

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

What about near Barcelona?