1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vincent Goodwill "It's obvious that Giannis is MVP...don't over think it!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Severe Rockets Fan, Mar 26, 2019.

1. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

that vincent dude is like 5'5" he's just mad at the world

D-rock likes this.
  2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Who is this obvious fool?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tough guy. :)

4. xaos

xaos Member

Giannis has been a top 3 favorite player of mine for years. That being said, it's Harden's MVP trophy again this year.

D-rock likes this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Member

Dude totally ignored our major roster issues and injuries. And then downplayed Bucks roster :rolleyes:

Middleton is having a very good season. Only missed 3 games. All star. Bledsoe was nearly an all star as well.

CP3 has missed 24 games. Capela 15. Gordon 14.

Tucker & Harden only consistently healthy players on the team.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who is Vincent Goodwill? OP put his name in the the thread title like we’re supposed to know who this dude is lol.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  7. jowman

jowman Member

It’s cringe watching this MFer try to talk basketball. If it’s so easy to scorer why isn’t his BF the brick freak averaging 35 then?

Dude is even worse than rob Parker, no personality will not be brought back.

Bearded13 and Theking like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden has no one to advocate for him on any of these shows other than Stephen A or someone like Nick Wright, but let’s be honest, 1st Things 1st has gotta be the least watched of any of these shows by far, so how many are actually hearing what Nick Wright says? All these garbage talking points could easily be destroyed, but there’s no one there to do it. T-Mac is too much of a sellout to even try.

we gotta get a real Rockets fan on these shows...Idc if u have to lie and pretend to be the biggest Bron fan in the world during your job interview...pretend to be a Bron or GS fan during the hiring process, and then switch it up on em once the cameras start rolling and preach that Rockets gospel

9. jowman

jowman Member

Tmac is weak. Dude used to be on Kobe’s level, now gets a hard-on just hearing his name mentioned in the same breath as Kobe.

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL yeah I should've put, "no name hack sports journalist, who should know sports but obviously doesn't know crap, guest with Nick and Chris, First things first." I went for brevity doe :D

Reeko likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. Also mention Paul wasn't healthy to begin the season (and large reason we started slow). If Middleton or Bledsoe wasn't healthy, they'd mention it.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Bucks has 4 other DD guys who pretty much played the entire season with Giannis. Meanwhile Harden has his top scorers injured for 20% of the season. Healthy team playing in the easy East conference and feasting on all these bad teams. Does that really make up for like 8 games? It's just ridiculous, but we as Harden and Rockets fan have to get ready for Harden to get robbed again of MVP.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Giannis is overrated. Maybe that's just me but I've never seen a more overhype player than him. I hate how the fans, and media make him look like he's really "great" but he isn't.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Who give a shiit what this dumb said.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I love Giannis and think it's close, but he is NOT the 2nd best offensive player in basketball even today. Any coach would pick Curry and Durant over him as offensive players. Arguably Lebron is still up there. Paul George in the convo too. Also, Harden is not just the best offensive player in the NBA, he is having one of the best offensive seasons OF ALL TIME. Do they understand the significance of this? ALL TIME.

Would this fool even say Giannis is close to Kobe's less efficient 36ppg season? Like that's a tiny gap. Harden is a tier above Kobe both in efficiency and assists. He has scored a fraction less than MJ's 37ppg season in fewer minutes, higher efficiency and with 3-4 more assists.

I know there has to be drama and conflict in sports content for it to sell, I don't get baited by that stuff. I know that Giannis is defensively also an ocean better than Harden. But Rudy Gobert is right now having an equivalent season defensively. Draymond Green was doing it for years. Giannis is not having a TIER better defensive season than Bill Russell, Hakeem, Duncan, etc.

This is no ordinary offensive season. James Harden is wiping away Kobe's offensive legacy. His offense is arguably better than anyone ever except Wilt. I wouldn't have said this 2 weeks ago, but at this moment Harden is a hair ahead of Giannis.

D-rock likes this.
  16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thrift-store analyst

biff17 and topfive like this.
  17. rocks123

rocks123 Member

the west is so competitive that team like spurs and okc are no cake walk in the first round. can the bucks or raptors honestly say that they can win against okc and spurs in the first round? warriors nuggets and rockets can sweep those in the east 6,7 and 8 with no question.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh and by the f*cking way, if you replaced Chris Paul with Khris Middleton, we would be exactly where we are wins-wise. We would be starting:

Capela
    Tucker
    Middleton
    Harden
    Gordon

And people would be b*tching about how Middleton is only looking better in Houston because of MDA and Harden. Have you looked at Paul's stats? He's only come around a few weeks ago. Two injury stints. STILL looking rusty on offense. Let's be honest, we're all banking that these flashes Paul is showing us will turn into fire come playoff time. You can't penalize Harden for having a better cast than Giannis, no way no how.

D-rock likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

who tf is this dude?! they just randomly picking up dudes on the street corners now?....

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

PSA to those I quoted but also everyone in this thread, this guy had an MVP vote last year, which means he probably does have one this year. So this does matter. He did vote for Harden last year though.

J Sizzle likes this.