1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vince] Young and restless...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by KingCheetah, Jun 13, 2006.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I hope that both Vince and Mario turn out great, and that Bush crashes and burns.

:D

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nope, I'm don't feel inferior at all. You should know that about my Texan fandom by now. Why should I feel inferior about a QB who hasn't even played yet?

Vince, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

ahhh IMD2k!, you owe me a coffee and two 17" flat screens.....

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

yes....

and premature ejaculation by the staunchest longhorns fans.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the VY already owns the Texans...or at least some of their fans...before he's played a down.

7. underoverup

underoverup Member

over the top much!? :eek: :D

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Prob true....if there was ever an award Largest Sports Team Inferiority Complex by a US City, Houston would win hands down.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is sports news whether some of you guys like it or not. I could see if this was started in the texan forum. if you don't want to hear anything about any other players stay in that forum and be a true fan of the texans and leave of us alone when discussing other athletes. your act is old.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know. I was there for the All Access event last week and there were 10,000 season ticket holders chanting his name at the top of their lungs before he even got on stage. I saw people wearing his jersey's all over the place. Hard to believe there could be such a frenzy over a player that hasn't even played a down yet. :eek:

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about Mario Williams.

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

So Carr's so useless you wouldn't have gotten anything from him in trade? ;)

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's awesome! i hope mario kicks ass.

but the reaction at the mention of VY is scary to me because it confirms what i feared from that draft. we'll see what happens when they start playing.

13. Cohen

This post is awesome!! Just what we need too, another person who wants to jump into a thread just to b**** about Vince.

:rolleyes:

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

[​IMG]

It looks like Vince and Mario have gotten to know each other pretty well.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

For VY fans, found this website that has a bunch of stuff on VY. Watch the intro, it's worth it.

www.10vinceyoung.com

16. Cohen

Wow...Mario's put on some weight.

;)

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And rightfully so.

In fact, pretty much any team that doesn't start with New York or Boston could rightfully lay claim to that.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and just to be fair, I could also do without the Vince Young is gonna be hands down better than Carr routine every vince or carr thread at least until we get into the season.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

well, of course he's gonna play sooner than later since McNair is gone. no one really expects their other quarterback (i forgot who it was) they just signed to do much. here's a news flash: Mario Williams will start. :eek:
    no one expected Ryan Leaf to be "Ryan Leaf". know what i mean? sure, everyone can mark him as an ******* and a loser now, but it was only after he had his breakdowns and tirades. i'm sure when San Diego drafted him, they were expecting a great player.

the point is, these articles (whether they are about VY or MW) don't mean much. they just reiterate what people want to hear. all that matters is NFL field production. yet, some act as if it's already written in stone that your player is the next Michael Jordan of football.

20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It isn't scary it's just annoying. I'm a Houston fan. I'm not a Longhorn fan or a Titan fan or a anything else fan. I didn't go to college so I hold no allegiance to anyone. Even if you did go to UT, VY doesn't play there anymore, so who cares how he does in the pros. I hope he is a huge bust because I can't stand the Titans. I feel like if you want to talk about Vince Young and ride his nuts, go to a Titan website.