1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince to Houston Article (Again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drich, Feb 17, 2009.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I'd throw Brent Barry up there too.

2. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I honestly have no idea if they'd do it or not, this is all speculation right now and rumors. This time of year it's kind of hard to seperate the b.s. rumors from the ones with actual substance, as all of them claim to have substance. I'm just saying its possible. Here comes the roller coaster ride known as the NBA trade deadline.

3. Texxx

Texxx Member

Why would anyone want do a deal like this and give up all of those players for an aging guy who was a superstar for only his first 3 years in the league?

You people in here are nuts. Vince Carter has never been a winning type of player and only an under achiever really. He can't even lead his team to a winning record in the East for god sakes. He is another Mclady Clone a and will slow down the offense with his 3 point shot jacking and his isolation plays.

God I hope that Morey won't do a deal this stupid just to do a deal. PLease come to your senses and if you're going to trade anyone for Vince Carter make sure it is Mclady.

4. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

Nobody would ask Vince to be a leader in Houston, but to play alongside his cousin and together they could support YAO'S TEAM. The Artest experiment has not worked, and so I am all for getting some kind of value for him before he walks and we get nothing. Tracy WILL be traded either in the offseason or by next season's trade deadline, as every team in the NBA will be wanting to clear cap room in 2010, so maybe we could get more than he's worth this time next year. Also, I trust Morey to make no move unless it improves our chances for winning, now and in the future.

5. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

6. Texxx

Texxx Member

You can't be serious. For one, Yao doesn't have any team. Yao is not a leader and never will be a leader. He is to shy and timid and no one is going to run threw walls for Yao Ming. Sorry, but that is reality. Yao is a good center and nothing more than that. A leader he is not.

And did you just say Mclady playing along side his cousin Vince Carter? Lol! You want to see some ugly basketball and one poor decision after another then you'll get that with those two under achievers. Mclady has never even won a playoff series and the both of them are just scorers that don't have a clue how to win. They both shoot bad shots and love isolation plays where usually they end up jacking up a poor shot that is contested giving their team a one shot opportunity possession on offense. Both of them make a ton of money and are not passionate players like Lebron, Paul, Kobe, Wade, and a few others. They're comfortable making their money and having a few flashy plays here and there.

No way do I want to lose Landry who could be a David West type of player in a year or two and is just about as valuable as Mclady is right now any way, and in no way do I want to lose Battier who is our stopper. And why is this team so quick to want to run Artest off? I agree that it hasn't gone as well as expected, but he hasn't been that healthy and Rick Adelman doesn't seem to have any clue at all on how to get the attention of this team. I would give it a little more time before getting rid of Artest. He plays hard on both sides of the ball.

7. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I'm not saying Yao needs to be the vocal leader to get the team fired up, anybody can step into that role, even people who dont play. I'm saying the game needs to run through the post with Yao, and Tracy and Vince can shoot and create on their own. And I'm running Artest off not just because it hasn't worked out as planned, which it hasn't, but because I'd rather trade him for something then let him walk and get nothing. And Artest playing hard on offense is a joke, he jacks up bad shots all day long like his name was Cuttino Mobley.

8. GOAT

GOAT Member

9. Texxx

Texxx Member

Okay then since you criticize Artest for jacking up poor shots, you couldn't have watched the Rockets for the last two years and honestly tell me that you still want Mclady on this team. I mean, his horrible shot selection along with Vince Carter's is disgusting to even watch. I went nuts the last two seasons screaming at the tv and at Toyota center wondering why She Mac was so afraid to drive into the basket and get easy shots. All She Mac does is sit there and stare his defender down for ten seconds and then he'll jack up a poor shot off the dribble. It's horrible to watch. He is one of the best penetrators in the game, but simply won't go to the goal to save his life.

And Vince Carter?? When is the last time you watched him play? That is all he does is jack up 3 pointers and bad shots when no one is there to rebound. He can't pass worth a damn and hardly even looks to.

Artest hasn't been what we thought he would be and he might be doing the same thing lately, but if you're going to criticize him for taking bad shots, then no way should you want Mclady on this team.

10. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

There is no way we should trade Landry AND Brooks in a deal for Vince Carter. NO WAY

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Honestly, if it moves McGrady for Carter, I'd do it. 2nd and 3rd guys off the bench are replaceable. And while they do bring it many nights, you can't rely on either of them to give you a consistent 12+ a game. Carter you can bank for at least 18+ nearly every game.

12. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

No, I don't want Mcgrady on the team for the future, but I don't want to trade him now either. Like I've said before, wait a year, or maybe even just till the draft, when his value will be higher because of his expiring contract in 2010. And Vince has never played with a dominant big man like Yao, he's been asked to attempt to carry his team everywhere he's played, and obviously he can't do that, because he's no Kobe Bryant, and no Paul Pierce, but I think he is a solid number 2 option, and number 1 for small bursts in a game. He is a 20 ppg player with a streaky jump shot that when he catches heat, watch out. When motivated, he is downright dominant. Did you see the New Jersey/Toronto game this year? He wanted to show the Raptors what they missed, and he did. I think coupling him with Yao and a healthy Mcgrady could give the Rockets that extra boost to get them to at least host a first round playoff series and FINALLY get out of the first round. Does he make us a championship contending team? Probably not. But then trade T-Mac in the offseason or this time next year for a piece that will make us a championship team. I have faith in Morey, and he would not be exploring this option at all if he didn't feel it made us better.

13. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I just think there are better options. Move Artest, Landry or Battier, Head for Carter now, and shop T-Mac in the offseason and next year's trade deadline to a team hoping to put their name in the Lebron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes. There are going to be teams willing to give up solid talent for a shot at that. And if not, hell keep T-mac and then let him go in 2010 so WE can make a push for Bosh, bring him back to Texas where he belongs.

14. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

everyone is in danger except YAO

15. runamok

runamok Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Boone look at the last subject heading "Trade" according to wiki - Rockets and Nets have already agreed for the trade....LOL :D bullcrap

I cant even imagine battier in that trade, what a huge freakin loss. I mean luther head is certain. Ron artest for the sake of not fitting in the current scheme of things, man i will never doubt is heart and effort and pysical capabilites, i can bring myself to accept. Landry as a part of a trade for carter.... hard to swallow, but maybe.

But Battier? Man our defensive identity, which has been fluctuating and about to wither will be perpetually lost. I just don't know why the thought of it comes up, we got to have somebody that gives cometype of consistent effort.. :mad:

16. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Artest and Battier? Our two main defensive guy? Maybe if we are losing by playing defense, I'll go for that trade... As much as I want to get VC, I'll pass on that trade proposal...

17. brian_van

brian_van Rookie

several years ago, Rocket taken more than half of the team for tracy, and gave us a big hope.....today rocket will give up artest, landry, battier for VC.
    I can't imagine that! Maybe I'll give up roc.

18. kwng

kwng Member

If there is a trade with the Nets, we should ask for Lopez instead of Boone to back up Yao.

19. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

From wiki....

Josh Boone
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Josh Boone Position Power forward
    Height 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)
    Weight 245 lb (111.1 kg)
    League NBA
    Team Houston Rockets
    Jersey #2
    Born November 21, 1984 (1984-11-21) (age 24)
    Mount Airy, Maryland
    Nationality American
    College Connecticut
    Draft 23rd overall, 2006
    New Jersey Nets
    Pro career 2006–present
    Former teams New Jersey Nets
    Awards 2004-2005 Big East Defensive Player of the Year
    Official profile Info Page
    Oscar Joshua (Josh) Boone (born November 21, 1984, in Mount Airy, Maryland) is an American professional basketball player for the New Jersey Nets of the NBA. He was a forward/center for the Connecticut Huskies where he played for three years. He declared for the 2006 NBA Draft after his junior season foregoing his final year of college.

Contents [hide]
    1 High school
    2 College
    2.1 Freshman
    2.2 Sophomore
    2.3 Junior
    3 NBA Draft and Summer League
    4 Injury
    5 2006-07
    6 2007-08
    7 Trade
    8 NBA career statistics
    8.1 Regular season
    8.2 Playoffs
    9 Notes
    10 External links

[edit] High school
    He attended South Carroll High School in Sykesville, Maryland, where he averaged 20 points, 14.4 rebounds and seven blocked shots per game. He teamed with Indiana-bound Marshall Strickland to lead South Carroll to a 20-6 record. In his senior year, the team tied Governor Thomas Johnson High School for the league championship. South Carroll then lost in the regional semi-finals to top-ranked Paint Branch High School. After graduating, he attended West Nottingham Academy (a small college prep school) in Colora, Maryland, averaging 28 points, 16 rebounds and 9.7 blocks per game.

[edit] College
    He was a forward/center for the Connecticut Huskies where he played for three years.

[edit] Freshman
    Named to the Big East All-Rookie Team. Started 37 of 38 games at power forward. Averaged 5.9 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.7 blocks, and shot .554 from the field, for NCAA Champion Huskies. Scored nine points in both Final Four games, and grabbed 14 rebounds in National Semifinal win over Duke. Averaged 8.0 points and 11.3 rebounds in three Big East Tournament games. Set a Big East Tourney record for rebounds in a game by a freshman with a career-high[citation needed] 16 boards in quarterfinal win at Notre Dame.[1] In the Huskies season opener vs. Yale, became the 12th freshman under Jim Calhoun to start the season opener.

[edit] Sophomore
    Big East Defensive Player of the Year and All-Big East Second Team selection. Named NABC and USBWA All-District First Team. Started all 31 games at center. Averaged 12.4 points, 8.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks. Recorded a double-double in 11 games. He registered 18 points and 15 rebounds in 75-70 loss to Boston College.[2] Scored a career-high 22 points and 8 blocked shots in December 30, 2004 win over Quinnipiac.[3] He topped his career-high with nine blocks, along with seven points and eight rebounds, in win over St. John's on February 5, 2005.[4]

[edit] Junior
    All-Big East Honorable Mention and NABC All-District Second Team selection. Started 32 of 34 games at the power forward position. Averaged 10.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks. He had eight double-doubles on the season. Tallied 13 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks in a 98-92 Sweet 16 win over Washington on March 24, 2006.[5] Had 12 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks in a narrow 75-74 win over Notre Dame on February 21, 2006.[6] Recorded 17 points and 15 rebounds in a 66-53 win at South Florida on March 1, 2006.[7]

[edit] NBA Draft and Summer League
    Josh Boone was picked 23rd overall in the 2006 NBA Draft by the New Jersey Nets. He was picked right behind former UConn teammate, Marcus Williams who was also selected by the Nets. During the 2006 Pepsi Pro Summer League in Orlando he led the league in rebounding (9 rpg) and was 2nd in blocked shots (1.67 bpg).

[edit] Injury
    After the summer league he underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder and was expected to be out for 4-6 months. Although he was expected to be out for 4-6 months, Boone returned much earlier. Boone made his NBA debut December 2, 2006 against the Philadelphia 76ers, playing 2 minutes. Suffering the effects of the injury and missing the pre-season training, Boone had an inconsistent but promising rookie season.

[edit] 2006-07
    Boone averaged 4.2 points per game, 2.80 rebounds per game and 0.3 blocks per game during his rookie season. On December 26, 2006, he had his season high of 12 rebounds against the Detroit Pistons, a game in which he played 30 minutes, the most he had hitherto played. Josh had a then career high 21 points on 10-for-10 shooting, while grabbing 6 rebounds on March 24, 2007 against the Charlotte Bobcats in Charlotte. The following game, on March 28 against the Indiana Pacers, Josh eclipsed his previous career-high by scoring 22 points on 11 for 13 shooting. He also posted his first double-double by grabbing 10 rebounds.

[edit] 2007-08
    In late December 2007, Boone earned his a spot in the starting lineup. He replaced Jason Collins as the starting center and contributed immediately, putting up a double-double almost every night. He currently holds an average of seven points & rebounds per game, and is improving on his defense. He admits that his jump shot still needs work. During the month of January, Boone was the target of a "Hack a Shaq" by Golden State Warriors coach Don Nelson.

[edit] Trade
    On Feburay 17th, 2009 the Houston Rockets and New Jersey nets agreed to a trade of Vince Carter and Josh Boone for Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry. Boone is expected to be the backup Power Forward and center.

[edit] NBA career statistics

20. GOAT

GOAT Member

what the hell is this